Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Pathetic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Pathetic

performance. one of bray's worst in all the years I've watched them. the sooner this season ends the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I have to say the first half was awful, the worst performance of the season by a long shot, too little passion. The goals conceeded were terrible. - I thought that Doyle and Brennan were terrible at full back and mulcahy was about the only one firing in the mid field.
    I cannot understand Gormley persisting with Kelly since his form has dropped - he could have used mulroy, flood or coughlan from the start. Tresson isnt able to compete any more for 90mins at this level - he should only have be sent on for 10-15mins as an extra body up front.
    He should havealso started Mccabe - if he is fit enough to sit on the bench he should start as he is our main threat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Hit the nail on the head there. If thats how much effort the team are willing to put in when we have a golden opportunity to get to a cup final then not only can I not wait for the season to finish, I also won't shed a tear when most of the clowns leave and burden another club with their wages. Once again they didn't step up to the plate when it mattered and left a lot of people feeling very disappointed and frankly cheated
    Last edited by Hulsey; 25/10/2009 at 9:25 PM.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    it was such a surreal afternoon.
    the team coming out werent fired up at all.
    If you cannot get fired up and passionate about an FAI cup semi final then you should not be playing football.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves because they let everyone down.

After the second goal went in I feared it was going to end 7/8-0 the way we were going about the game.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    What was the story with Gary Cronin not playing for ye? I found the decision very surprising.. Doyle had a stinker of a game for ye.. I am lookin forward to renewing rivalry with ye next season!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    What was the story with Gary Cronin not playing for ye? I found the decision very surprising.. Doyle had a stinker of a game for ye.. I am lookin forward to renewing rivalry with ye next season!
    With the way some clubs are managing their finances, that rivalry could be in the Premier!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    With the way some clubs are managing their finances, that rivalry could be in the Premier!
    jaysus peadar that would be a lovely thought! I would say the odds are slim to none to say the least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Gary was carrying a bad ankle injury in the run up to the game and i just presume he wasn't match fit for 90 minutes, i dno't think Gaz playing would have made much of a difference to the result but he wouldn't have been any worse than Doyle that's for sure.

I'll be honest, dreading the 1st division, it's a grave yard and we will struggle to get back out of it. All i hope is that the club have plans in place for it, the strange thing is that i don't think it will effect the size of the Bray home support hugely, but it certianly will on the away support side of things - no Bohs, Rovers or Pats gates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Gary was carrying a bad ankle injury in the run up to the game and i just presume he wasn't match fit for 90 minutes, i dno't think Gaz playing would have made much of a difference to the result but he wouldn't have been any worse than Doyle that's for sure.

I'll be honest, dreading the 1st division, it's a grave yard and we will struggle to get back out of it. All i hope is that the club have plans in place for it, the strange thing is that i don't think it will effect the size of the Bray home support hugely, but it certianly will on the away support side of things - no Bohs, Rovers or Pats gates
    cheers for that info roo69.. the first division is a graveyard for us our gates are poor this season our season is worse than last years.. it will take at least the length that athlone town are in this division before we will get out of it.. It took ye two seasons to get out the last time ye were in the first division.. If Gormley resigns or quits would Pat Devlin return as manager?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    cheers for that info roo69.. the first division is a graveyard for us our gates are poor this season our season is worse than last years.. it will take at least the length that athlone town are in this division before we will get out of it.. It took ye two seasons to get out the last time ye were in the first division.. If Gormley resigns or quits would Pat Devlin return as manager?

We got lucky last time though with 3 coming up, it's a tough place to get out of...

I don't think Gormley will resign, he's starting to come in for a bit of stick at present but IMO i still think he has a lot to offer the club, he is a good young manager who plays a good brand of football. Devo certianly would not be coming back into management AFAIK.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    If Gormley resigns or quits would Pat Devlin return as manager?
    God no please no. That would be a step backwards.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Foot.ie! Gormley Resign?

We got lucky last time though with 3 coming up, it's a tough place to get out of...

I don't think Gormley will resign, he's starting to come in for a bit of stick at present but IMO i still think he has a lot to offer the club, he is a good young manager who plays a good brand of football. Devo certianly would not be coming back into management AFAIK.
    I hope Eddie doesn't resign I think he is one of the best young Managers around.Howeve there is always the chance that some other Club with more money than Bray will come calling.We must remember Eddie had very little money to spend last year but I feel if he gets the chance with virtually the same bunch of young players and a couple of additions he will mould a team that will play his style and will be o.k.Heres hoping!!!!Come on ye boys in green now is the time to stand up for the boys in green.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    From eleven-a-side

He told the Irish Daily Mirror: “The board might meet this week and finalise a budget they’re going to go with next year. As regards my position, at the moment I’m still manager of Bray Wanderers and obviously I’d like to stay.

“It’s my local club. I’ve put a lot of years into it as a player and manager. I do have a genuine love for the club.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    From eleven-a-side

He told the Irish Daily Mirror: “ As regards my position, at the moment I’m still manager of Bray Wanderers and obviously I’d like to stay.

“It’s my local club. I’ve put a lot of years into it as a player and manager. I do have a genuine love for the club.”

Obviously there is talk in the camp about eddie's position,, how many players do we have on two year contracts to bring into next year..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naoise kennedy View Post
    Obviously there is talk in the camp about eddie's position,, how many players do we have on two year contracts to bring into next year..
    Well according to another thread on here, something like 96% of players in the League are all free agents come the end of the season so i would have thought most of our lads are out of contract, like most players in the country.