Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Who will win the league?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bohemian FC

42 85.71%
  • Shamrock Rovers FC

7 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs or Shamrock Rovers

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Bohs or Shamrock Rovers

Who will win it?

I think Shamrock Rovers will hold on.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I think Rovers myself.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Date Shamrock Rovers......Bohemians
    Tues -Cork City (H)............St Pats (H)
    23Oct -Dundalk (A).............Galway (A)
    31 Oct-Galway (H)..............Sligo (H)
    06 Nov-St Pats (A)..............Bray (A)

Both teams should be bookies favourites to win in each of their remaining games...but of course it rarely works out that way.

Most difficult match seems to be next Fridays visit of Shamrock Rovers to Dundalk, although if Pats are in danger come last match of the season...it could be really tough for Rovers.

Bohs to win all four remaining games, Rovers to draw either against Dundalk or St Pats - Bohs on goal difference (or is it a play-off?)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I think Rovers will just edge it. I fancy them to drop points in Dundalk but I think Bohs have one catastrophic result waiting to trip them up amidst four games they should win on paper.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Don't know about Bohs having such an easy run-in. They should win, but the first 3 games are against the 3 teams trying to avoid the last play-off spot. Bray may be dead and buried by the last game, so that *could* be an easy win. I think the teams that Shamrock Rovers have to play (Cork and Dundalk) have less to play for on the pitch, as their positions are more secure.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Bohs for me. Have to keep believing! Show how I can't see Pat's letting Rovers win the title on there home patch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    I think Rovers will just edge it. I fancy them to drop points in Dundalk but I think Bohs have one catastrophic result waiting to trip them up amidst four games they should win on paper.
    I'd go with this - the momentum is with them from the Mountains - but there may yet be more twists to come.
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    They should win, but the first 3 games are against the 3 teams trying to avoid the last play-off spot.
    Yeah, but they're trying to avoid the last play-off spot because they're sh1te to begin with.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    I think Bohs have 2 easier away games... but then Rovers have a 1.5 points of a lead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Think bohs will win it . Rovers are extremely lucky though and could scrape the wins neccesary , if it comes down to the best football team bohs should win it .But we all know its about more than that .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Yeah, but they're trying to avoid the last play-off spot because they're sh1te to begin with.
    Haha! Nicely put!

Think Bohs will win it by two points, they play the better football from what ive seen and i dont expect them to drop anymore points this season, there run in looks the more favourable than Rovers. Rovers to draw tomorow night against Cork and on friday in Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    As a Derry fan who hates everything Bohs, shels, fenlon, heary, byrne etc etc and everything they stand for. I seriously hope for the sake of the league Bohs win as that is a disgustingly poor and lucky Rovers side.

I think bohs will win 4 out of 4, which imo will be enough.
    MD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtndvn View Post
    As a Derry fan who hates everything Bohs, shels, fenlon, heary, byrne etc etc and everything they stand for. I seriously hope for the sake of the league Bohs win as that is a disgustingly poor and lucky Rovers side.
    22 games unbeaten, and seven wins in a row, that argument doesn't wash over that many games. If Rovers are "disgustingly poor" then what does that mean for the rest of the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    22 games unbeaten, and seven wins in a row, that argument doesn't wash over that many games. If Rovers are "disgustingly poor" then what does that mean for the rest of the league.
    Yeah, I'd tend to agree with that. Any side that is able to build the kind of winning mentality Rovers have had this season are worthy of a shot at the title. As for being other teams being poor, you can only beat what's front of you. As I said in another thread a week or two ago,

"Rovers remind me of ourselves in 2005- like our team then they hadn't had a particularly conspicuous season previously, and then you could see them seeming to gain in confidence and stature as the season went on. You just get into the habit of win, win, win, points, points, points and start to play with no fear and no doubt."

As Sheridan says, I can see Bohs having one disastrous game towards the end of the season and Rovers tying things up on Halloween night against Galway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    I fully expected that response. I have nothing to back up what I'm saying, it just seems that every time you need a goal one is handed to you. If you go on to win the league, the achievement is nothing short of magnificent, as its a pretty good bohs side.

However, it is my belief that SRFC are proof that the league table does indeed lie.
    MD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shamrock have it since Dundalk saw red on Friday.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtndvn View Post
    If you go on to win the league, the achievement is nothing short of magnificent, as its a pretty good bohs side.

However, it is my belief that SRFC are proof that the league table does indeed lie.
    From what I have seen this year, I agree. Much as I would not like to see Bohs win the league (and give some false validity to their spending "speculation"), they have been, by some distance, the best team I have seen this year. Credit where it is due to Rovers for being in their current position - it would be a fantastic acheivement for them if they actually won it outright. Either way, I think they are set to dominate the league in the coming seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Still think Bohs will win it. Think we will draw at least one if not both away games and think Bohs will win all four. Hopefully I'm wrong but either way this season has surpassed all expectations for the Hoops. To push a club that is cheating it's way to a league title with players they can't afford all the way is hugely satisfying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    A draw in Dundalk at best is a certainty, afaic.

Bohs still.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bohs to draw with Pats tomorrow and Rovers to beat Cork.

That will mean Rovers can go up to Dundalk with confidence and no nerves and a good chance of beating Dundalk. If that happens we'll wrap it up against Galway in Tallaght.

If Bohs beat Pats tomorrow it could all go the opposite way. The last thing Rovers need is to be heading to Inchicore to wrap things up. We have beaten pats 4 times already this season. they owe us 1.

KOH

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast