Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: walter smith to united

thecorner

walter smith to united

walter smith has become fergusons number 2 at united
    we all know how shrewd ferguson is so is this his way of getting closer to the transfer of rooney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    If you're suggesting that Ferguson was changing backroom staff to facilitate the transfer of a player who has scored a handful of goals in top flight football when the dogs on the street know they need a centre half, than he has gone stark staring mad.
    Who says he hasn't?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    find it a very strange one, can't see what experience and skills Smith will bring to the club that they don't already have in the current coaching staff, he doesn't really fit in in the series Brian Kidd, Steve McLaren and Carlos Querioz.

it might be ferguson taking on someone he trusts if the reported rift between he and Keane is true. it 's unlikely to be a Rangers thing given Fergie's feelings toward GRFC.

I'm surprised that utd would take on a asst coach at this stage. once he's not been groomed to take over from fergie, i don't really care.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its only as a short tem stop gap thing, hes only there to the end of the season. Suppose he realised that things were getting out of hand and an extra body to help out would do no harm. Remember that Smc came in in January in the treble season, Smith also can tighten things up/bore you close to death, so could well prove a shrewd signing.

I think theres life left in the title yet, all it needs is a few defeats and going on historical info it would seem certain. People seem very quick to condem Wolves to relagation because they were bottom at christmas so by that reckoning Arsenal will lose atleast four games?

I have said for awhile that Wolves will be there or there abouts come the final few games and make good signing during January which is crucial. There no world beaters (or maybe they are 1-0 vs Man u) but Cort and Ganea have contributed already to the an area that was the weakest part of their team.
    A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I just wonder what the Man Ure AND Celtic fans are going to say about it, considering they support both so religously?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by GWA
    I just wonder what the Man Ure AND Celtic fans are going to say about it, considering they support both so religously?
    Isnt it obvious?

They'll boo John O'Shea
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by GWA
    Better ask Liam Miller, mate. After all, he went public on being exactly that at the press conference to announce signing for ManUre. What a ******.

To anyone that claims to support both; sorry, no can do. Either one or the other. Not both. Anyone that says different either doesn't understand football or is an attention-seeking ****. End of.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 14/03/2004 at 7:48 PM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Plastic Paddy

To anyone that claims to support both; sorry, no can do. Either one or the other. Not both. Anyone that says different either doesn't understand football or is an attention-seeking ****. End of. PP
    A lot of the eircom league fans on here would aslo support an English/Scottish team.

Why not two?
    It's not like they play against each other every season?
    (Bar the ~ annual pre-season friendly for the last few years)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    It's common enough to look out for the results of more than one team, but GWA's point talks about supporting two teams religiously, and in the case cited I don't see how that can be done. What if they're both at home the same weekend? Who do you go and see? Questions, questions.

I take some of your point where Eircom League fans are concerned (little conflict of interest due to summer versus winter football, the fact that Premiership clubs and eL clubs rarely if ever meet competitively, etc.) but don't see how people could legitimately claim to support both Celtic and ManUre.

PP

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    To anyone that claims to support both; sorry, no can do. Either one or the other. Not both. Anyone that says different either doesn't understand football or is an attention-seeking ****. End of.
    Course you can, one's an Irish team one's an English team. No different from me supporting Longford and United.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: Re: walter smith to united

Originally posted by Conor74
    David Bellion, Kleberson, Christiano Ronaldo, Diego Forlan
    Ronaldo? He's been the best player recently, and will be a huge star.
    Bellion will get another season.
    Kleberson has a world cup winners medal - must shít. May prove to be, but on the face of it hardly a bad signing.
    Forlan is a joke that isn't funny more.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    Course you can, one's an Irish team one's an English team. No different from me supporting Longford and United.
    He was talking about Celtic and ManUre, Macy. Not even I would try and pass off Celtic as an Irish team!

I've posted my thoughts earlier in this thread on supporting more than one club, so I'll not bother repeating them.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 16/03/2004 at 9:26 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ...supporting two teams religiously, and in the case cited I don't see how that can be done. What if they're both at home the same weekend? both Celtic and ManUre.

PP
    Well, for someone like a young Miller, the option to go and see a home game normally isn't there. Most Irish fans have to content themselves on watching occassional games on tv. (which is why they should get out to support local teams, but that's a different argument). Very rarely a clash between screenings of Celtic games and screenings fo MUFC.

Although, this may change when Celtic become regulars in the Champions League.