Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bayern v Real

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bayern v Real

Thought this one was a bit of a let down to be honest. Real played nowhere near their usual extremely high standards. Bayern showed just how poor a season they're having by failing to take advantage. Instead, they handed it to Real, who must now be odds-on to finish it in the return leg.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Don't rule out Bayern just yet. Ballack could win it on his own! Provided, that is, he's not suspended.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    eh Ballack, feic him. Ollie Kahn will win it for them on his own. He'll make up for that mistake bigtime.

Any team with Dodgy David in central midfield is vulnerable in defence.

Super Roy Makay to score and Ollie Kahn to keep a clean sheet for Bayern.
    Oh no not them again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by SÓC
    eh Ballack, feic him. Ollie Kahn will win it for them on his own. He'll make up for that mistake bigtime.

Any team with Dodgy David in central midfield is vulnerable in defence.

Super Roy Makay to score and Ollie Kahn to keep a clean sheet for Bayern.
    But any team with Ronaldo and Ronnie up front is 100% certain to get goals. Don't know about ye, but I can't see Real playing as bad again given that they're at home and what they're capable of. Bayern played their best game all season and still gave Real the advantage going into the 2nd leg, I don't see them coming anywhere close to knocking the Galacticos out.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Shed End John
    But any team with Ronaldo and Ronnie up front is 100% certain to get goals.
    I know he's fat, but its not like there's two of him!!!! Real were absolute muck, no way they'll be that bad at home, they'd be strung up by their fans. They'll go through, but they haven't replaced Makelele and that could well be their dowfall. Firstly they need to start playing Cambiasso instead of Guti and secondly they need a centre-half.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    They'll go through, but they haven't replaced Makelele and that could well be their dowfall. Firstly they need to start playing Cambiasso instead of Guti and secondly they need a centre-half.
    Totally agree with ya, but, at least we'll be celebrating ANOTHER Spanish title at the end of the season. Valencia hit the self-destruct button AGAIN away to Espanyol. Eight points ahead, no way on Earth we'll be caught now!!
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    but, at least we'll be celebrating ANOTHER Spanish title
    Eight points ahead, no way on Earth we'll be caught now!!
    Cork arent good enogh to support 100%? How many other teams do you support? Ive nothing wrong with someone supporting more than one team but come on, you probably never seem them play more than once (if even) live I would bet ur not from spain or have any relations from Madrid yet its seems as if ur a season ticket holder.

Admiration for another team/manager is normal I mean just look at Wenger at Arsenal the mans done brilliantly and has my total respect in that regard but I would never call them by any of the following 'we, us, ours...' or anything other of the sort.

Its like your cheating on your team! Having it off with another team while yours its away for the winter. It even has the bold letters and the exclamation marks. Did you not read the eleventh commandment :
    11) 'Thou shall not covet thy neighbours football team'.

How do you expect Cork to win the league with this part-time supporting? Eircom League clubs are a step away from the local parish G** clubs but they need just as much maybe more for people to help out, 100%.
    A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can't speak for John, but my supporting Real has to do with the fact that I've spent a lot of holidays there and nearly all my spanish friends are Real fans. There's no real conflict in supporting another team once you give your all to your own team anyway.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah sure who am I to judge, support who you like.

But what gets me is that some people and Im not directing this at John, go on and on about a team that they have no real conection too like they are the equal of a real supporter of that team. To me it can come across as a bit I donno, shallow and false.
    if he can still laugh.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Hey I'm all for Irish people showing an interest in a league that's big on quality and low on hype rather than a league that's low on quality and big on hype... even if they are putas madridistas.

PS: SEJ, watch out for Barstadolona coming up on the flank. Looks like they're back in business...unfortunately.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by lopez
    PS: SEJ, watch out for Barstadolona coming up on the flank. Looks like they're back in business...unfortunately.
    I know, I know. Much more of it and my brother will start letting me know all about how they're back. Barca must be suffering chronic nosebleeds by now, though, they're up so high!
    Éanna, I agree that there's no conflict. Coltron, I may support Real, but I'm a fan(atic) of City. If the two played each other tomorrow, I'd shout my lungs out for City.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eight wins in a row.

Barca gonna get ya Barca gonna get ya

Look over yer shoulders Real, well at least the mighty Barca will once more grace the Champions League next season if the form holds
    Oh no not them again

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by SÓC
    Eight wins in a row.

Barca gonna get ya Barca gonna get ya

Look over yer shoulders Real, well at least the mighty Barca will once more grace the Champions League next season if the form holds
    Despite my aversion of the Ricatolicas (Copyright Juan Marsé about hypocritical rich Catalans in the late sixties who claim to hate the Franco dictatorship but subscribe to all its agencies, in his book: 'La obscura historia de la prima Montse') I think the CL is missing them. Just wish they'd employ more Spanish players (and Irish ones) than going hunting for Dutch ones all the time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by lopez
    I think the CL is missing them. Just wish they'd employ more Spanish players (and Irish ones) than going hunting for Dutch ones all the time.
    I agree. IMO a Barca team should be made up of (in this order)
    1. Catalans
    2. Spanish/Basque/Gallicians
    3. Others

The club has been very badly run in a the past few years, Joan Laporte seems to be sorting that out.

Its amazing how Barca havnt gone for Irish players when you think that they consider the 'more than a club' ethosand their empathy with the Irish people.
    Oh no not them again

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by SÓC
    Its amazing how Barca havnt gone for Irish players when you think that they consider the 'more than a club' ethosand their empathy with the Irish people.
    Barstadolona are if anything, canny. Unlike Athletic Bilbao, which I think is a great club - I went there in June for the game against Depor and wore a shirt right on the edge of the ultras behind the goals with my two kids (bought the tickets off touts after the game became a sell-out before I arrived) and didn't get a bit of hassle - Barsta are a bunch of hypocrites. They bring out this 'mes de un club' sh*te and don't wear adverts on their shirts and bring out the old cojones about being representatives of the Catalan nation, and treat their 'own' like mierda and fawn over the Dutch because Cruyff was one. How much did they get from Nike for that whoosh on their shirts? At least you know where you stand with the newshirts.

As for empathy with the Irish, look out for tricolours at games involving Bilbao, Celta and Depor (although the last one is sometimes yours truly and Sylvo waving them like when they visited North London two years ago).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos out with Raul doubtful, it could be a very tough match indeed. If they are out what will the team look like?

Portillo and Guti up front is the talk at the moment, but is there a replacment for Bob Carlos, one that can play well in a big such as this? He for me is arguably Reals best defender considering all that he offers going forward espessially and could be a more infunential loss that Ronnie?

Bayerns ship looks to in good nick and a shock may be on the cards.
    if he can still laugh.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone see how Ollie Kahn played at the weekend? Bayer Leverkausen should have beaten Bayern 5-3 but lost 3-1. In the end he was only beaten by a savage deflection. Made unreal saves. He'll be up for the second leg after his mess up in the first.
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Originally posted by Coltron
    Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos out with Raul doubtful, it could be a very tough match indeed. If they are out what will the team look like?

Portillo and Guti up front is the talk at the moment, but is there a replacment for Bob Carlos, one that can play well in a big such as this? He for me is arguably Reals best defender considering all that he offers going forward espessially and could be a more infunential loss that Ronnie?

Bayerns ship looks to in good nick and a shock may be on the cards.
    Their defense is never in good nick, so the loss of Carlos is a big one. Solari should be able to get a reasonable job done, but I imagine Salihamedic, Deisler, Hargreaves or whoever Bayern play on the right should be enough to keep him back. That'll cost them a lot of width, unless they play Beckham wide right and Figo on the left. That leaves the centre for Zidane + A.N. other, which should be enough.

The loss of Raul isn't disasterous - he's not exactly on fire at the moment, and Portillo looks like a great little player. Ronaldo will be a big blow, but I think overall Real still have enough to go through. Of course, with Bayern at full strength, I wouldn't be putting any money on it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe Bayern on the away goals, with no holding midfielder or quaility defender, there should be chances there for Bayern and Mcakaay can put the chances away.
    if he can still laugh.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There are a few possibilities for replacing ronnie:
    1. Push Guti up front and bring Cambiasso into midfield.
    2. Bring in Portillo up front.
    3. Bring Solari in, push Raul up and have Solari playing off him.

IMO, 3rd option is probably the most likely based simply on experience and the fact that Queiroz seems to like Guti in defensive midfield (the mind boggles ). I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Portillo at some stage- he hasn't got much experience but he's a very good player and he got a crucial goal for them against Dortmund in this competition already.

As for replacing robbie carlos- likelihood is that Raul Bravo will switch to his natural position at left back (where he's much better than in the centre IMO) but that still leaves a place in the centre of defence, which isn't exactly reals strong point. Maybe he'll bring in Ruben or Minambres- both talented, but VERY inexperienced.

I expect Real to shade it though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast