Thread: Bayern v Real

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    I expect Real to shade it though
    Likewise. AC Milan in the pool stages and Juventus last night showed that league form doesn't always transfer to Europe. Besides, just because Bayern are on a half-decent run against Germany's nothing teams that they've beaten time and again over the last few years does NOT mean they'll get anywhere near Real, especially at the Fortress Bernabeu.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Right lads,
    I got it very wrong this year, with Bayern out, (who I backed ante-post) and Juventus out (who I later fancied) it has been a throughly bad one for me.

I said at the then time of writing who was going to win wihtout giving to much attention to your arguments and well you were right. So no more public predictions for me. Good call.

A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    Poor game. How Salgado stayed on the pitch was beyond me.
    He doesn't play for Man United....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    Poor game. How Salgado stayed on the pitch was beyond me. Should've walked for a tackle in the second half when on a yellow, and then late in the game when there was a bit of a melee. And God forbid anyone should breath on him, when he's all 'card' gestures and pleading with the ref...
    Yeah, he should have walked for the second tackle, no doubt about it. But equally Bayern were lucky to finish with 11 men as well after Kuffour among others raising their hands in peoples faces in the "mill" (as dunphy called it) at the end. IMO Real were fairly comfortable for most of the game, I expected Bayern to go down fighting, and apart from the 2 centre-backs and Schweinsteiger (who was only on for 45 mins) they were very disappointing. IMO Real have a great chance of winning it, if they avoid Milan.

First thing Queiroz should do if he wants to win the thing is either put beckham on the right, or drop him entirely. The two games against Bayern have proved he's not god enough in the centre, at least not at this level, but he is a handy player to have on the pitch. Thought Solari, Zidane, Helguera and particularly Guti had excellent games last night. Also, the young centre half played very well considering his lack of experience.
    Last edited by Éanna; 11/03/2004 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Conor, sure Fulham were awarded a penalty at old trafford only last weekend, blatant anti-united reffing

Salgado certainly should have been sent off, but Lizarazu and Kuffour could both have been sent off too for 'handbags'. I actually enjoyed the game, some great pieces of skill.

Agree with Eanna that Beckham looks out of his depth in central midfield (at CL level anyway). What happened to the kid Cambiasso (?spelling) I assumed he'd be the first choice CM now that Makalele has moved, afaik he'll be on a bosman in the summer.

Just an observation, Raul did well to stay on his feet when Kahn made contact with him, especially with Figo and Solari 'falling down' a lot either side of him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    i taught it was a good game of football. very tough game. ballack has lost his form didnt seem himself. zidane showed some great tricks. helguera played well beckham should be played wide right. where he can cause serious damage not in the middle where he is ineffective.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok
    What happened to the kid Cambiasso (?spelling) I assumed he'd be the first choice CM now that Makalele has moved, afaik he'll be on a bosman in the summer.
    Latest rumours are that Cambiasso could be on his way to Arsenal in the summer, along with Morientes. IMO the guy should be starting regularly for Real, he's very talented, and more effective than beckham in the centre. I'd hate to see him go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12