Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 8,000 tickets made available in Paris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Yep - I did.

Home match is the priority and will be sorted later this week. Obviously its been complicated by the stub promise system.

As regards the away game, unless you go through the official Abbey Travel route where a ticket is guaranteed as part of their relationship with the FAI, you book your travel at your own (calculated) risk basically which is fair enough.
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    They must have plenty of money to burn if they'd not come over having booked flights and hotels!!
    Aye but you could pay as little as £100/€120 on that and then have to pay the same again to get a ticket which would be enough to put off the fairweather contingent.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As a block booker who has applied for the Paris game - Anybody know when we can expect to hear if you will get tickets to the away leg?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbyblob View Post
    As regards the away game, unless you go through the official Abbey Travel route where a ticket is guaranteed as part of their relationship with the FAI, you book your travel at your own (calculated) risk basically which is fair enough.
    obviously we all know the risks. i am not looking for a ticket guarantee but the sooner i know if i have been successful or not the sooner i can go looking elsewhere if i need to. my point was that block bookers and monty stub holders know a ticket is coming to them but those who applied for away tickets do not

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Aye but you could pay as little as £100/€120 on that and then have to pay the same again to get a ticket which would be enough to put off the fairweather contingent.
    Absolutely - Not to mention the cost of your digs (most can be cancelled in advance without cost) plus booze/food and general spending money.

If (God forbid) the tie was dead after the first leg - fairweather fans may well cut their losses. To be honest I dont think this will be the case though
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    "fairweather fans"

I hate that term.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    What do you call them des?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    fcukin ar$soles then - Im not precious about it.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    What do you call them des?
    See above.

That'll do me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eaststand85 View Post
    Any indication from the FAI ticket office when they're going to let people know about ticket allocations for Paris?

The match is three weeks from today and based on previous experience it will take a couple of days for them to generate the invoices, another day or two for them to be delivered, they will then have to allow a week for people to return the invoices or pay online and finally another couple of days for delivery of the tickets.

This all means it's going to be tight anyway and presumably will require the whole process to kick off in the next 24 to 48 hours?

*Edit: Have e-mailed the ticket office and will post any reply here.
    Got the following reply this evening:

Date: 28 October 2009 18:03
    Subject: Ticket Information

Thank you for contacting the FAI Ticket Office,

Due to the high volume of enquiries regarding the upcoming internationals against France in November,
    There will be a delay in replying to email enquiries
    Ticket Information for these fixtures is available at our website www.fai.ie

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay

The FAI Ticket Office

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eaststand85 View Post
    Got the following reply this evening:

Date: 28 October 2009 18:03
    Subject: Ticket Information

Thank you for contacting the FAI Ticket Office,

Due to the high volume of enquiries regarding the upcoming internationals against France in November,
    There will be a delay in replying to email enquiries
    Ticket Information for these fixtures is available at our website www.fai.ie

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay

The FAI Ticket Office
    i sent an email yesterday asking when we would hear about away tickets and got a response last night to say that we will be told by the end of the week.

i also asked was demand greater than supply but didnt get a response to that

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    i also asked was demand greater than supply but didnt get a response to that
    I'd say that they dont know that yet as they are processing through the applications. Most I know who have applied are looking for extras. One lad who usually gets 15-20 has applied for 25. All I need is 2 and im happy.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    fcukin ar$soles then - Im not precious about it.

We had over 30k fans in Paris the last time, thousands of fans that went to Italy and America, and the whole country partying and supporting from home, how many of them are hardenned fans?

Get over it guys, everyone is entitled to support in whatever way they like, the more the merrier, if we only ever had the seasoned supporters, we would miss out on some incredible atmospheres, like that in Paris before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    I'd say that they dont know that yet as they are processing through the applications. Most I know who have applied are looking for extras. One lad who usually gets 15-20 has applied for 25. All I need is 2 and im happy.
    if lots of people applied for more than they need its just going to drag out the whole process. lads who dont get offered any tickets initially may be subsequently offered tickets after those who get offered more than they need decline them

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    if lots of people applied for more than they need its just going to drag out the whole process. lads who dont get offered any tickets initially may be subsequently offered tickets after those who get offered more than they need decline them
    Hopefully, although it would be a lot easier and fairer if people just requested what they actually needed.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polster View Post
    We had over 30k fans in Paris the last time, thousands of fans that went to Italy and America, and the whole country partying and supporting from home, how many of them are hardenned fans?

Get over it guys, everyone is entitled to support in whatever way they like, the more the merrier, if we only ever had the seasoned supporters, we would miss out on some incredible atmospheres, like that in Paris before.
    Very true, but I think the "hardened fans" would be a tad miffed if the event junkies, fairweather fans etc got tickets ahead of them.

They are definitely a nuiscance when that happens, but I agree with what you're saying.
    The more the merrier for a great atmosphere.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well said.

Give me a fair weather supporter over some 'hardened fan' who thinks the world owes him a living.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Listen - Im not one of these guys that bangs on about 'Real' fans or 'barstoolers' or 'fairweather' fans for that matter. The leprechaun outfits wouldnt be my cup of tea either. Im happy enough to support in my own way and I accept that there are 'fans' in all guises - I dont think I need to 'get over' anything. It was an off the cuff remark - nothing meant by it really.

For the record I'd take 300 in Latvia atmosphere on a par with 30,000 in Paris - The more doesnt always make it the merrier.
    Last edited by Junior; 29/10/2009 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    For the record I'd take 300 in Latvia atmosphere on a par with 30,000 in Paris - The more doesnt always make it the merrier.
    have to agree here. although there were 30,000 in paris at the 04 game i actually thought the atmosphere wasnt great. 8,000 in stuttgart 2006, 6,000 in holland 00 and circa 8,000 in nigatta wc02 made far more noise imo

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ibaraki wc02 and sofia this year would be highlights. Bratislava 07 would be a low point, result wise and too much stag do antics by some.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast