Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Only 8,000 tickets made available in Paris

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Alot may depend on the home result, but do we realistically think there will be more than 10k Irish fans at the game? Its a wed night compared to Sat last time around and we're in recession compared to boom time last time around.

Plus what category tickets have ye guys requested off the Fai?? I wouldve thought we wouldnt have had a choice, ie all in one section, but we have a choice between 22, 42 and 82 (i think it is) tickets.
    Last edited by elroy; 24/10/2009 at 6:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Alot may depend on the home result, but do we realistically think there will be more than 10k Irish fans at the game? Its a wed night compared to Sat last time around and we're in recession compared to boom time last time around.
    But there is alot more on this game than the last one.. Plastic hammers are been taken out of attics all over the country!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    i assume you aren't trying to tout ralph...how much for the two types of tickets.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question

I applied for tickets using the online form on fai.ie. Should I have got an automated e-mail response or something to confirm my application has gone through?

At the bottom of the form was 'save request' and then that was it...just find it strange there would be no e-mail to confirm and want to make sure i'm in for tickets.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    From the RTE website (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/...elaneyj.html):

Delaney speaks of ticket demands
    Sunday, 25 October 2009 20:57

FAI Chief Executive John Delaney has promised to continue efforts to secure more tickets for Irish fans for the away leg of the World Cup play-off in France, with the game in Croke Park set to sell out this week.

Delaney was speaking to Robbie Irwin on RTÉ Radio 1's Sportsbag on Sunday morning, and his revelation that demand will far outweigh supply will come as no surprise to Irish fans.

He admitted: 'We've been inundated with calls since last Monday, but it is a great problem to have. In terms of the home game, I'd say if we had 100,000 tickets for the game we wouldn't have enough.'

He added: 'But what we are doing is being very loyal to the people who bought a ticket for the Montenegro game so anybody who purchased a ticket for that match is entitled to a ticket to the French game.

'So we have had thousands of ticket stubs arriving into headquarters in Abbotstown and we're working through those.'

The Waterford native believes all tickets for home fans will he snapped up in the coming days due to the what he describes as 'unprecedented' demand.

He said: 'I would expect next week that we will be announcing we are sold out. We looked for all the clubs and leagues within the game to apply for tickets, which we generally, do and the level of interest is really unprecedented.'

Earlier this week, the French Football Federation confirmed that they would not be giving the Green Army anything extra than their entitled number of tickets [8,500] for the game in Paris.

Delaney believes they are doing so to avoid what happened in 2004 when at least 30,000 Ireland followers created a memorable atmosphere and inspired the team to a point.

But Delaney has not yet given up hope of obtaining more.

He insisted: 'We looked for more than 10% from the French FA, they have only given us 8,500 tickets, which is their entitlement.

'We keep asking them for more tickets because we want to get as many Irish fans as possible into the game.

'We are going to keep pressing them. There seems to be a policy from the football side of the French FA that they don't want many Irish fans in the ground. I think they fear the Irish fans and the atmosphere they will create in the ground.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    There is no email confirmation once the order form is submitted it is a case of waiting and see.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    in the interview he didnt mention either way whether the demand for away tickets outweighed the number of tickets allocated....
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    in the interview he didnt mention either way whether the demand for away tickets outweighed the number of tickets allocated....
    No but he did say the following which seems to indicate demand outweighs the 8,500 allocation.

"'We looked for more than 10% from the French FA, they have only given us 8,500 tickets, which is their entitlement.

'We keep asking them for more tickets because we want to get as many Irish fans as possible into the game.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eaststand85 View Post
    No but he did say the following which seems to indicate demand outweighs the 8,500 allocation.

"'We looked for more than 10% from the French FA, they have only given us 8,500 tickets, which is their entitlement.

But that was the FAIs position when they met the FFF last week before applications had really started to arrive for the away leg. By now they should have a really good idea of what the demand is.

What is the closing date for applications?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    But that was the FAIs position when they met the FFF last week before applications had really started to arrive for the away leg. By now they should have a really good idea of what the demand is.

last night. Fingers crossed everybody who wants to go gets a ticket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I have fingers, toes and um ears crossed.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    But that was the FAIs position when they met the FFF last week before applications had really started to arrive for the away leg.

For the Supporters Clubs it was today. Ours applied for dozens, but getting mixed messages from The FAI. So no change there. Though for once it's more down to the French, who understandably want as many of their own fans in their own stadium....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    8500 less the 800 that is a guaranteed allocation to Abbey Travel or so the paper said yesterday anyways.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    8500 less the 800 that is a guaranteed allocation to Abbey Travel or so the paper said yesterday anyways.

Elroy is that 800 as in approx 10% of the away allocation or 800 irrespective of what the allocation is ?

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    Elroy is that 800 as in approx 10% of the away allocation or 800 irrespective of what the allocation is ?
    800 irrespective of the allocation and id say they can actually take as many as they want. They are offering away end tickets with every package they are selling. If the current ones sell out, im sure they will charter another flight or 2 and take extra tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    From the RTE website (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/...elaneyj.html):

Delaney speaks of ticket demands
    Sunday, 25 October 2009 20:57

FAI Chief Executive John Delaney has promised to continue efforts to secure more tickets for Irish fans for the away leg of the World Cup play-off in France, with the game in Croke Park set to sell out this week.

Delaney was speaking to Robbie Irwin on RTÉ Radio 1's Sportsbag on Sunday morning, and his revelation that demand will far outweigh supply will come as no surprise to Irish fans.

He admitted: 'We've been inundated with calls since last Monday, but it is a great problem to have. In terms of the home game, I'd say if we had 100,000 tickets for the game we wouldn't have enough.'

He added: 'But what we are doing is being very loyal to the people who bought a ticket for the Montenegro game so anybody who purchased a ticket for that match is entitled to a ticket to the French game.

'So we have had thousands of ticket stubs arriving into headquarters in Abbotstown and we're working through those.'

The Waterford native believes all tickets for home fans will he snapped up in the coming days due to the what he describes as 'unprecedented' demand.

He said: 'I would expect next week that we will be announcing we are sold out. We looked for all the clubs and leagues within the game to apply for tickets, which we generally, do and the level of interest is really unprecedented.'

Earlier this week, the French Football Federation confirmed that they would not be giving the Green Army anything extra than their entitled number of tickets [8,500] for the game in Paris.

Delaney believes they are doing so to avoid what happened in 2004 when at least 30,000 Ireland followers created a memorable atmosphere and inspired the team to a point.

But Delaney has not yet given up hope of obtaining more.

He insisted: 'We looked for more than 10% from the French FA, they have only given us 8,500 tickets, which is their entitlement.

'We are going to keep pressing them. There seems to be a policy from the football side of the French FA that they don't want many Irish fans in the ground. I think they fear the Irish fans and the atmosphere they will create in the ground.'
    Typical of the type of bullsh*t that Delaney comes out with. He knew on Thursday evening that the FFF had sold out. The stadium will be at full capacity for the game, i.e. no possiblilty of increasing the number of seats so why bother with the meaningless statements.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone any idea of how long this kinda thing usually takes?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheen View Post
    Typical of the type of bullsh*t that Delaney comes out with. He knew on Thursday evening that the FFF had sold out. The stadium will be at full capacity for the game, i.e. no possiblilty of increasing the number of seats so why bother with the meaningless statements.
    Wonder did the French put all the tickets on sale though or maybe they held some back? Seemed to be some surprise that they sold out so quickly.
    Last edited by eaststand85; 26/10/2009 at 6:04 PM.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wonder did the French put all the tickets on sale though or maybe they held some back? Seemed to be some surprise that they sold out so quickly.
    I think they sold out so quickly because touts snapped them up.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    I think its 800 guarantted tickets irrespective of the overall allocation. They were only offering the 22euro tickets however, whereas the fai application had three different tickets, 22e/42e/82e.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast