Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Mons host U16 International

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Mons host U16 International

It has long been a dream of Monaghan United’s to host an International game at Kingspan Century Park, and though it is not quite up to the Aviva Stadium standards, United have been honoured with opportunity to host the future stars of the Republic of Ireland on November 26th. The Republic of Ireland Under 16’s take on the Czech Republic at Monaghan United’s grounds as part of a 2 day friendly as they prepare for further International competitions.
    United’s Chairman Jim McGlone is delighted to host the game. “We have done a lot of work to our ground in the past few years and in keeping with our Regional Development Centre status, it is great to receive the nod to host an International game at Kingspan Century Park. Monaghan United FC are proud of the players we have developed through our juvenile section, many who have picked up International caps, and we hope that this game will help encourage more of our young footballers to strive to play for their country.”
    “We appeal to the footballing community in the North East to turn out in force to support this event and show the young players of the future that they have the support from the grassroots.”
    Republic of Ireland U16 manager, John Morling, has announced an 18 player squad for the double international friendly at home to Czech Republic on November 24 and 26 at Rock Celtic FC, County Louth and Kingspan Century Park, Monaghan respectively.
    After away matches against Wales, Malta and Denmark, these games mark the first home assignments of the season for the Under-16 squad and Morling is delighted the games are being played in the Counties of Louth and Monaghan.
    "This is a great opportunity to bring the finest young football talent in the country to areas where international football is rarely played.
    "I'm sure the crowds will come out in numbers and support us for what promises to be two fantastic games against a highly-rated Czech Republic squad."
    Morling is looking forward to seeing how his side fare against the fancied Czechs. He said: "These will be our most demanding tests so far this season. We drew the first game of the season away to Wales and then beat Malta twice.
    "Our most recent matches, also away, against Denmark ended in defeats but it taught our players how important finishing is to the outcome of games at international level. The Danes were clinical in front of goal whereas we passed up chances at crucial stages of both matches. I'd be more concerned if we weren't getting into those scoring positions but I'm sure the goals will start to come,” he said.
    Ballboys, Flag Bearers and half time entertainment will be provided by local footballers and this is an exciting event for them to be part of. The local communities support for this game will be vital if Monaghan is to see future International games and this is an opportunity for the soccer public, both young and old, to come out and show the support for International football in this region.
    The game kicks off at 7.30pm and entrance for adults is €5 and children under 16 is €2. C’mon the boys in green.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Good Luck with it.

I didn't know that was KC Park's first under-age International.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    We had a Schools International between Northern Ireland and Republic before but this is the first true FAI International that we have coming.