Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Grady and Blinkhorn to miss final if we get to it????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

O'Grady and Blinkhorn to miss final if we get to it????

Is tere any truth that Blinkhorn and O Grady will miss the FAI cup final through suspension.Thats of course if we get tere!As a result of both picking up yellow cards in the Bray game on tue night??????????Anyone know if this is true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    there are league games before then and were not in the final yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would they not carry in to the semi final before the final anyways we have 4 more league games aswell.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know all this lad just asking a simple question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Never heard anything like that at all. Surely they would miss league games before a cup game thats a month and half away? It would be more believable if it was cup semi that they would miss i would have thought. I would hazard a guess it's somebody pulling your leg ! (I hope )

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red metal View Post
    Is tere any truth that Blinkhorn and O Grady will miss the FAI cup final through suspension.Thats of course if we get tere!As a result of both picking up yellow cards in the Bray game on tue night??????????Anyone know if this is true
    Ah it's alright kid, they won't have to worry about it.

Actually though, you might be right, if there's talk like that it probably is the case.
    We're getting to the stage of the season now that you can easily work out the delay before suspensions kick in. We're missing three for the semi and it was well known down here long before the committee met to come up with the list. I don't think the final is any different, don't think there's an amnesty I mean.
    As another example, we went through our last match with no cards which we now know means we'll have no suspensions for our last league game, again even though the list won't be released for ages.
    more bass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red metal View Post
    Heard it from the horses mouth! Its true.Something to do with Displinary commitee not meeting till end of month the suspension come into effect after that!
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Don't want to get too annoyed about it yet as we're not even in the final but this seems fecking daft if true. What a joke that cos they don't meet til the end of the month the 2 lads have to miss what would be a massive occasion, especially for Conor with what would be him captaining his local side in a cup final...we have to get there first anyway.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    we're a minimum of 5 games away from the final (if we do make it), so surely they would have served a suspesion by then.
    As regards the yellow O'Grady picked up the last night, the referee gave a corner to Bray which he realised straight away was the wrong decision, O'Grady gives him a tongue lashing, gets a yellow, Bray take corner and even before the ball reaches the penalty box the ref gives a free out for absolutley nothing. Total cop out. If those two lads miss a final because of that goons incompetence, the next time he comes to the showgies he should be kicked up and down Church Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    if your red carded in the cup, you only miss a cup game. it dosnt effect you in the league afaik, so why would it be different if you get carded in the league, do you not just miss league games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    if your red carded in the cup, you only miss a cup game. it dosnt effect you in the league afaik, so why would it be different if you get carded in the league, do you not just miss league games?
    yellow and red cards do follow through from the FAI Cup to the league and vice versa.

If the disciplinary committee dont meet until the end of the month, then surely the game V Drogheda on Friday 6th of November would be the game they would miss.

Any club that make the final will be in the situation as each club have 4 0r 5 games left before the final with players on the edge of suspension more than likely to pick up a card which could leave a final with for example Bray reserves against Fingal Reseves etc.

If memory serves me correct, Rovers picked up 4 yellow cards v Galway and Bray, but there wasnt a bad tackle from either side in either game.
    Referees are ruining our game

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'If the disciplinary committee dont meet until the end of the month, then surely the game V Drogheda on Friday 6th of November would be the game they would miss. '

There may be play offs (that we are involved in) before the final too!! They should count.
    Last edited by prodsc; 16/10/2009 at 6:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If we do make it, can the club not make an appeal to see the lads miss a different game ? as important as it is, even the Drogs game ? I'd hate to see Conor of all players miss it TBH if we make it, never been to an FAICup Final with his local club, and the Fai Maybe taking away his only chance of winning it with us!
    Coleman for Ireland

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    If we do make it, can the club not make an appeal to see the lads miss a different game ? as important as it is, even the Drogs game ? I'd hate to see Conor of all players miss it TBH if we make it, never been to an FAICup Final with his local club, and the Fai Maybe taking away his only chance of winning it with us!
    I know its slightly off topic but when Sligo Rovers won the league cup in 1998 was Conor O'Grady part of their squad? I hope he doesnt get suspended even though I dont like him for what he did to us two years ago..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I know its slightly off topic but when Sligo Rovers won the league cup in 1998 was Conor O'Grady part of their squad? I hope he doesnt get suspended even though I dont like him for what he did to us two years ago..
    Yes, but the FAI Cup wold mean alot more to the players and the town, especially players like O' Grady and Cretaro. What did he do 2 years ago to ye ?
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prodsc View Post
    'If the disciplinary committee dont meet until the end of the month, then surely the game V Drogheda on Friday 6th of November would be the game they would miss. '

There may be play offs (that we are involved in) before the final too!! They should count.
    The playoffs are the saving grace for the lads alright but even them dont want to end up in that lottery!
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya heard it too, unless we are in the play off they will miss the final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    even though I dont like him for what he did to us two years ago..
    It's been a while, let it go Marty
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    Yes, but the FAI Cup wold mean alot more to the players and the town, especially players like O' Grady and Cretaro. What did he do 2 years ago to ye ?
    for not joining us when he gave his oath to alan matthews that he would join us...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    It's been a while, let it go Marty
    it brings back memories of our top flight days.. the 1st division depresses me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast