Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: "A skinny rat, a skinny little rat"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    Just because he moans the odd time doesn't mean lessen his passion or commitment. If I remember correctly, Robbie played an away match for Ireland a few days after his father died. There can be no greater show of commitment than that. In addition, Mcgeady has taken years of abuse for choosing to play with us
    You and some others seem to look at these things in a very black and white way...

Hunt is a moron, end of.
    Robbie is a Saint, end of.

Like everyone they both have flaws and good points. Robbie is a legend, but he still needs a kick up the backside now and again. Thats my opinion, which you don't agree with, which is fine.
    If Hunt had of went on the late late to tell us all how great Stan was, I have no doubt you and others would of roasted him, likewise had Robbie shot down his best mate Eamo, you probably would have cheered him for it. Its one thing defending your manager when someone sticks a mic under your nose, which is I agree with, but to orchistrate it the way he did was in my opinion embarrasing.
    I love Robbie, all I'm trying to do is bring a bit of balance to this witch 'hunt' (pardon the pun) that is going on.
    I'd say hes great for team moral, and will probably be aplauded within the squad for his comments.

It seems like the way Eamo always needs a crusade to shout about, the same can be said of a lot of people on here who need someone they can latch onto and vent their general frustrations at.

I think the whole episode has been highly comical, and has definitelty given me plenty to laugh about for the last few days. Try to chill out a bit and not take it all so serious.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polster View Post

It seems like the way Eamo always needs a crusade to shout about, the same can be said of a lot of people on here who need someone they can latch onto and vent their general frustrations at.

I think the whole episode has been highly comical, and has definitelty given me plenty to laugh about for the last few days. Try to chill out a bit and not take it all so serious.
    That's the crux of the matter, it has been funny. Only issue I'd have with Hunt is that skinny little rat is a bit of a naff insult, schoolboy stuff really.

Dunphy's backtrack is hilairous though, does he not realise that the post match analysis is available on the RTE website, it's blatantly obvious he was talking about the performance when he used the words terrible and shameful. And his 'real football people know' schtick is embarrassing at this stage.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Robbie is a legend. And Trap is a legend as well. They are all legends.

It's not too difficult to be entertaining on a football panel. Who would you find more entertaining to listen to, someone who knows their stuff, gives an accurate analysis of the match and goes into detail. Or someone who just insults everyone, managers, players, and other panel members?

If you want razz-ma-tazz and entertainment, by all means watch Dunphy. If you want detailed, non biased and accurate analysis, please don't.

I actually think Mark Lawrenson is a good analyst. He can spot problems in a team or a setup. But he doesn't go over the top and insult everyone.
    Last edited by Emmet7; 14/10/2009 at 12:36 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think the real shameful part is that none of the other members of the panel have the balls to put him in his place, Giles is just too nice and Bill is just there too poke,, no real knowledge,I would have thought that Souness would have the toughness to challenge Dunphys daft assertions but disappointly he didn't!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Dunphy is a despicable human being.

I listened to the radio conversation this morning at around 8.40am, and heard him defend himself about what he had said. Not only did he deflect the attention away from himself, he also went on to claim that in his opinion the performance on Saturday was Ireland's worst competitive performance under Trap AND then compare it to our best performance... the away Italian performance.

Now hold on a second, just there.

Is this dirty skinny little rat, trying to con everybody into thinking that he actually believes the Irish performance in Bari was in his opinion our best? I remember the rant he went on that night about how Trapattoni blew it and I can remember exactly how he thought he got lucky when gambling with substitutions. He claimed it was the worst Italian team ever, and not once did he mention how it was Ireland's best performance in the campaign thus far.

The man is a joke, and I hope to God he is gotten rid of, so I can once again enjoy watching the post match analysis.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Bites View Post
    I think the real shameful part is that none of the other members of the panel have the balls to put him in his place, Giles is just too nice and Bill is just there too poke,, no real knowledge,I would have thought that Souness would have the toughness to challenge Dunphys daft assertions but disappointly he didn't!
    That said - Souness did state "I'd love Scotland to be in this position" in answer to some of Dunphys more outlandish part of his rant.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polster View Post
    You and some others seem to look at these things in a very black and white way...

Hunt is a moron, end of.
    Robbie is a Saint, end of.

Like everyone they both have flaws and good points. Robbie is a legend, but he still needs a kick up the backside now and again. Thats my opinion, which you don't agree with, which is fine.
    If Hunt had of went on the late late to tell us all how great Stan was, I have no doubt you and others would of roasted him, likewise had Robbie shot down his best mate Eamo, you probably would have cheered him for it. Its one thing defending your manager when someone sticks a mic under your nose, which is I agree with, but to orchistrate it the way he did was in my opinion embarrasing.
    I love Robbie, all I'm trying to do is bring a bit of balance to this witch 'hunt' (pardon the pun) that is going on.
    I'd say hes great for team moral, and will probably be aplauded within the squad for his comments.

fair enough, and you are entitled to your opinions. I wonder is Hunt that popular in the squad? He's always mouthing off and seems to have a very high opinion of himself...and why the hell was he warming up by himself the other night? to me it was him looking for attention. Maybe I am being blinkered, but I just cannot stand him. That said, if he scores the goal that sends us to South Africa I'll be delighted...but I still won't like him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    I hope to God he is gotten rid of, so I can once again enjoy watching the post match analysis.
    You must be pretty old if you remember enjoying it pre-Dunphy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    That said - Souness did state "I'd love Scotland to be in this position" in answer to some of Dunphys more outlandish part of his rant.
    He did but there was no conviction in his responses. Brady at his best was the only one that made Dunphy look foolish, Souness mutters out the odd Dunphy contradiction but appears to be walking on eggshells a bit I think.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Ya i think you are right. at first i think souness seemed to enjoy it there and that they spoke how they feel but now feels its a bit of a losing battle trying to challenge them as they monopolise the conversation and he doesn't realy get listened to or a chance. Bill doesn't include him much either, its like an old boys network. Its probably quite difficult on him actually. I think he needs another panel member to come in. Id like someone to email in and say i dont know how you go on listening to the old boys network.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Ya i think you are right. at first i think souness seemed to enjoy it there and that they spoke how they feel but now feels its a bit of a losing battle trying to challenge them as they monopolise the conversation and he doesn't realy get listened to or a chance. Bill doesn't include him much either, its like an old boys network. Its probably quite difficult on him actually. I think he needs another panel member to come in. Id like someone to email in and say i dont know how you go on listening to the old boys network.
    Yeah agree with you about Souness enjoying it. Seems to always try and egg Dunphy on to push him over the edge (most memorably Gareth Crooks/Sven interview WC06!). As a whole Souness always come across with an excellent knowledge of the game and talks a lot of sense. Pity he couldn't aply it to management

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Sure when Bill first started to talk after the game he addressed the panel "So what did you BOTH think of that?"
    I

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as_i_say View Post
    Sure when Bill first started to talk after the game he addressed the panel "So what did you BOTH think of that?"
    I didnt notice it but its exactly what im talking about. It must be quite difficult for him.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as_i_say View Post
    He asked "do you both agree that Ireland were haunted to get the point?"
    Which brings up more questions
    Both? was Bill temporarily perplexed by the image of a holy pundit trinity?
    haunted? did Bill mean cursed by a destiny ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    When he said he was sorry at the end, he actually contradicted himself on what he had said at the beginning of the interview

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I couldn't really hear the post match interview last night, but caught a bit of Hunt's and thought I heard him tell Tony O'Donoghue to "leave it out" or something along those lines in quite a sulky way. Did that happen?

In addition, he appeared to scream at a ball boy midway through the first half when the ball went out for a throw in. I could be wrong, but did anybody else notice this?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    I couldn't really hear the post match interview last night, but caught a bit of Hunt's and thought I heard him tell Tony O'Donoghue to "leave it out" or something along those lines in quite a sulky way. Did that happen?

In addition, he appeared to scream at a ball boy midway through the first half when the ball went out for a throw in. I could be wrong, but did anybody else notice this?

haha, give it a break, your worse than a Dunphy vendetta anyday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Yes he did tell O'Donoghue to leave it out and he was right. O'Donoghue has an irritating habit of trying to stir things such as when he mentioned Andy Reid to Trap. He's trying to get a reaction from the players and it's annoying and a little immature.

Just stick to questions about the game, there's a good lad.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast