Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "A skinny rat, a skinny little rat"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    This thread is as ridiculous as Dunphy. Anyone who knew about Trap and European football knew that he would be defensive, that we would draw games, win games 1-0, be rather boring, but ultimately grind out some good results and possibly get to a major tournament. So his tenure is proceeding in the manner that any informed observer would have expected.

This team was a shambles. So bereft of any confidence. After the 5-2 drubbing in Cyprus I wondered if our days as a relativley successfull soccer nation were over. Look at us now; to suggest that this incredible turnaround is not due to the improvement in management would be a gross denial of.... REALITY.

Stephen Hunt has always spoken his mind and given his all on the pitch for Ireland. That, no one can deny. That is really all that matters to me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    At what time will the pen fly across the studio on Wednesday evening?
    Probably when we are 3 or 4 nil up. At the end of the game he will say something like that was the worst Irish performance ever.

It just makes no sense to play open expansive 'total' football where the players express themselves. They are good players but they aren't Gallactico's. It's also pointless to have creative players like Andy Reid, if you don't have grafters to win the ball back or stop the other team playing.

I suspect the Irish team would be torn to shreds as happened with the second Italian goal, if we played anything other than a tight, defensive game. Previous managers, Kerr and Stauntan tried to play positive football. Kerr had some success but we conceded important goals which cost us a play-off place.

At the end of the day the draws against Italy home and away and the away draw against Bulgaria were vital to our qualification. It's a results driven business and no-one remembers the teams who played nice football but lost.
    Last edited by Emmet7; 13/10/2009 at 3:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    [QUOTE=Brendan 82;1249281]This thread is as ridiculous as Dunphy. Anyone who knew about Trap and European football knew that he would be defensive, that we would draw games, win games 1-0, be rather boring, but ultimately grind out some good results and possibly get to a major tournament. So his tenure is proceeding in the manner that any informed observer would have expected.

This team was a shambles. So bereft of any confidence. After the 5-2 drubbing in Cyprus I wondered if our days as a relativley successfull soccer nation were over. Look at us now; to suggest that this incredible turnaround is not due to the improvement in management would be a gross denial of.... REALITY.

Stephen Hunt has always spoken his mind and given his all on the pitch for Ireland. That, no one can deny. That is really all that matters to me.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt change the fact that he is an utter toolbox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Head says: "Don't like Hunt much and he's a fool - have not liked the man since he got needlessly sent off in Prague for running around like a headcase. He should learn to let his football do the talking and not be running his mouth. Pointless comments."

Heart says: 'TAKE THAT DUNPHY YA BRAINLESS ****, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING SUCH AN CONTRARY P****K. WELL SAID HUNTY YOUR A TRUE IRISHMAN AND A WONDERFUL STRIKER OF THE SET PIECE NOT TO MENTION A VITAL COG IN OUR WORLD CUP MACHINE, WE'RE ALL GOING TO SOUTH AFRICA LALALALALA..."
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet7 View Post
    When did he play at Man Utd?

Dunphy signed as a schoolboy with Man Utd, as have thousands of other kids.

He didn't play one senior match with Man Utd, not one.

He was let go because Busby saw he was not up to it.

He plied his trade as a journey man pro in the old Division Two mainly, in and out of teams.

He never played a first division game. He never played in a world cup. He never played in a European club competition. He never played at the top level of club soccer or an international tournament.

I know that shouldn't disqualify anyone, but he's talking from a theoretical viewpoint when he talks about the top level. He thinks beating the Italians, Germans, etc is easy. He thinks we have world class players.

The guy is completely deluded.
    Correct on Dunphy with Utd. As Big Jack said in 1990 "Dunphy has about as much relevence as a fly on a wall"!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Correct on Dunphy with Utd.
    Yes, Dunphy never played with United. I thought he had a few games for them but obviously knew he didn't make it there or anything. Lets go back a few pages and I'll enter Millwall where Man Utd was...I still think it will probably hold up as i dare suggest it's a considerably higher level than any of us, which was the main point I was making to Emmet7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polster View Post
    Thank god most hunt bashers on here weren't around when our country was fighting for freedom. So many high standing pillars of the community here that jump at a lad for speaking up and saying what most people agree with. I like to listen to dunphy and giles, they are unpredictable which can be interesting and more so fun in my eyes, if you don't take them to serious. But I think its about time someone put it to eamo in a language he understands, more power to you hunty.

And for everyone on here writing him off as a nothing footballer, he has been as good as most in this campaign, another fine assist on Saturday. He demonstrates passion and pride in the jersey that we don't always see from all quarters within the squad, including some senior players.

I'm sure he is a good lad to have in the squad, as he is loud and desperate to succeed, and that can only be a positive thing.

Give the lad a break.
    Ok, name the players in the squad, including the senior players who don't have Hunt's "passion and pride"....what total and utter bull

Just because he talks ****e and runs around (aimlessly most of the time) does not mean he is more passionate...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an_ceannaire View Post

Oh

And you seem like a great guy to have a pint with

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=an_ceannaire;1249323]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan 82 View Post
    This thread is as ridiculous as Dunphy. Anyone who knew about Trap and European football knew that he would be defensive, that we would draw games, win games 1-0, be rather boring, but ultimately grind out some good results and possibly get to a major tournament. So his tenure is proceeding in the manner that any informed observer would have expected.

Stephen Hunt has always spoken his mind and given his all on the pitch for Ireland. That, no one can deny. That is really all that matters to me.[/QUOTE]

Not pushed on Hunt myself but fair play to him for saying what he said. Dunphy is attacking Trap from all angles over his style of play yet when it came down to Trap or EL-Tel when Bill posed the question to Dunphy that Trap was a negative manager he tore Bill apart saying he was not negative and his cv shows that. Now all of a sudden Trap is negative something of course Eamo told us he wasn't two years back. He will always find something to stir sh1t to keep BRAND Dunphy on the go.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    It will be interesting to see if Dumby can take it as well as he can dish it out.

How often in life do you see some Gob****e dish out a load of ******** only to get all defensive when its returned.

Having said that this has fallen into Dumbys and RTEs lap and is a bit of a godsend

Some one once said that "there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not been talked about"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    "I don't read my press, I weigh it."

Oscar Wilde

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    while i agree with everything Hunt has said and absolutely despise Dunphy, i cant help but feel it would have been better if he had said nothing at all and let the football do the talking. This just feeds the massive ego already in residence in the RTE football studios.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I think Trap could eat Dunphy for breakfast if he wanted to. I'd say he couldn't be arsed and if anything is using Dunphy to motivate the players.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I think Trap could eat Dunphy for breakfast if he wanted to. I'd say he couldn't be arsed and if anything is using Dunphy to motivate the players.
    Trap should treat Dumby as an irrelevance.

For Trap to acknowledge Dumby would be a wet dream for Dumby.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Dumby can take it as well as he can dish it out.

How often in life do you see some Gob****e dish out a load of ******** only to get all defensive when its returned.
    Or to get all spineless when confronted directly by the target of one of his vindictive rants. Who can forget his squeamish brown nosing of the journalist Liddle when confronted directly on national radio the next day.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Who can forget his squeamish brown nosing of the journalist Liddle when confronted directly on national radio the next day.
    eh, me?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    cant believe rte are using my tv license money to pay someone like dunphy,he is a pathetic little man,attention seeking and his behaviour is vile at the best of times,if he was working on any of the british broadcasters they would have got rid of him by now.....he talks complete nonsense just to be headlining and spectacular...he is a skinny rat!!i too believe trap wouldnt stoop so low as to recognise an idiot like him,he has far too much class to get involved with this loser....!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    If hunty could have stepped back from the situation a little, he was rather articulate there, he knows why dunphy does what he does, trap is no enemy of dunphys, dunphy just has found his scapegoat like he did with keane in saipan, and its now andy reid. He will harp on about this for an age, to sell papers, increase his rateability etc etc. IT really is mind numbingly obvious, it even annoys me that i have posted on it here and that this thread has 5 pages.

As i said hunt knew the reason for dunphy doing it, so it should have played a little reverse psychology, laughed and said eamon is great isn't he, great entertainment value and laughed it all off, and said something like "but no one takes him seriouslly." or "no one has taken him serious for years". He would have come across far better, and def have gotten one up on Eamonn. Thats how I would have liked to have seen him play it. IT would let dunphy know that people dont really take him seriouslly anymore and more importantly that the players or management dont take him seroiuslly. Unfortunately hunty was too close to the situation, he knew why dunphy did it yet fell into the trap. Tis a pity. With one simple sentence dunphy could hvae been shut up for a long time.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think Bill O'Herlihy and John Giles are getting off lightly in all of this.

It's Bill who feeds Dunphy the questions and gets him into a state. And John agrees with almost everything Dunphy says.

Dunphy is only feeding off Giles and Giles' long held view that Giles and Giles alone should be Ireland manager for life.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    If hunty could have stepped back from the situation a little, he was rather articulate there, he knows why dunphy does what he does, trap is no enemy of dunphys, dunphy just has found his scapegoat like he did with keane in saipan, and its now andy reid. He will harp on about this for an age, to sell papers, increase his rateability etc etc. IT really is mind numbingly obvious, it even annoys me that i have posted on it here and that this thread has 5 pages.

As i said hunt knew the reason for dunphy doing it, so it should have played a little reverse psychology, laughed and said eamon is great isn't he, great entertainment value and laughed it all off, and said something like "but no one takes him seriouslly." or "no one has taken him serious for years". He would have come across far better, and def have gotten one up on Eamonn. Thats how I would have liked to have seen him play it. IT would let dunphy know that people dont really take him seriouslly anymore and more importantly that the players or management dont take him seroiuslly. Unfortunately hunty was too close to the situation, he knew why dunphy did it yet fell into the trap. Tis a pity. With one simple sentence dunphy could hvae been shut up for a long time.
    Absolutely, but I can't help feeling that perhaps the Hunts aren't the sharpest tools in the dressing room !

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast