Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: "A skinny rat, a skinny little rat"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet7 View Post
    Yes he did tell O'Donoghue to leave it out and he was right. O'Donoghue has an irritating habit of trying to stir things such as when he mentioned Andy Reid to Trap. He's trying to get a reaction from the players and it's annoying and a little immature.

Just stick to questions about the game, there's a good lad.
    But if Hunt was willing to make the comments about Dunphy, he should have been prepared for the controversy that followed. He is an arrogant little t***

I'd love to know what the rest of the squad think of him

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    But if Hunt was willing to make the comments about Dunphy, he should have been prepared for the controversy that followed. He is an arrogant little t***

He said they all had a laugh about it. So what if he told Tony O Donoghue to leave it out? He said it in a joking way, and admitted his comment was a bit mad, but hey all had a laugh, which is what it was for most people, a bit of fun.

And so what if he did shout at a ball boy for a quicker ball, maybe the ball boy needed shouting at, if he was slow returning it? I didn't see this by the way, and heard no one else bring it up until you did, but obviously your tracking Huntys every step and word, fair play but it seems a bit sad to me.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Jesus man, you have some chip on your shoulder over Hunt, did he run off with your missus or something?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polster View Post
    He said they all had a laugh about it. So what if he told Tony O Donoghue to leave it out? He said it in a joking way, and admitted his comment was a bit mad, but hey all had a laugh, which is what it was for most people, a bit of fun.

And so what if he did shout at a ball boy for a quicker ball, maybe the ball boy needed shouting at, if he was slow returning it? I didn't see this by the way, and heard no one else bring it up until you did, but obviously your tracking Huntys every step and word, fair play but it seems a bit sad to me.
    Perhaps I am.However, when one has a bee in their bonnet regarding somebody, they tend to notice any annoying thing they do. This is a forum where we state our views. I've seen Mcshane,Dunphy, Staunton,Roy Keane and many more lambasted on it. Therefore, I think I am entitled to criticise Stephn Hunt. To me he acts as a big-time Charlie with a hugely inflated ego.

In addition, the ball had only just gone out of play and the young-fella had to run and fetch it. As I stated earlier he may not have shouted at him...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So only pundits should be allowed speak their mind? And if they do, they are hailed as heroes. But if footballers, you know, the guys who actually play the game, speak their mind, they are labelled as arrogant.

Ya cannot have it both ways.

I suspect Hunt gained a lot of respect from a lot of people in the last few days. You can be sure a lot of other players have been dying to say the same but bit their lip. Hunt said what he had to say.

It would be a very sad day if only pundits can say what they like and insult as they please. However I think Hunt said what he did in the heat of the moment and he was rightly angry after what was one of the highlights of most of the player's careers and playing for Ireland is the highlight for most of these players, players like Kilbane, Whelan, Andrews, Hunt, Folan, etc who will probably never win a league or an FA cup, and playing the world champions would be a particular highlight, that someone would come along and try to grab all the headlines by saying the performance was poor, which by the way it wasn't.

In any case, I don't want to put fuel on the fire of what was said or not. I think for everyone concerned the best thing to do would be to draw a line under the whole episode and for everyone to get behind the Irish team for the qualifiers.

People may disagree with Trap, but that shouldn't stop them wishing the best for the team and supporting them to the last.
    Last edited by Emmet7; 15/10/2009 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Jesus man, you have some chip on your shoulder over Hunt, did he run off with your missus or something?!
    If anything should happen the Hunt family, it will hardly be a case for Inspector Morse
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Perhaps I am.However, when one has a bee in their bonnet regarding somebody, they tend to notice any annoying thing they do. This is a forum where we state our views. I've seen Mcshane,Dunphy, Staunton,Roy Keane and many more lambasted on it. Therefore, I think I am entitled to criticise Stephn Hunt. To me he acts as a big-time Charlie with a hugely inflated ego.

In addition, the ball had only just gone out of play and the young-fella had to run and fetch it. As I stated earlier he may not have shouted at him...
    As Gilsey says, when the ball goes dead, you come alive. He probably spotted a Montenegro defender out of position and wanted a quick throw. If Ireland scored a goal, people would be hailing his quick thinking.

Obviously you can't win with some people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    So only pundits should be allowed speak their mind? And if they do, they are hailed as heroes. But if footballers, you know, the guys who actually play the game, speak their mind, they are labelled as arrogant.

Ya cannot have it both ways.

I suspect Hunt gained a lot of respect from a lot of people in the last few days. You can be sure a lot of other players have been dying to say the same but bit their lip. Hunt said what he had to say.

It would be a very sad day if only pundits can say what they like and insult as they please. However I think Hunt said what he did in the heat of the moment and he was rightly angry after what was one of the highlights of most of the player's careers and playing for Ireland is the highlight for most of these players, players like Kilbane, Whelan, Andrews, Hunt, Folan, etc who will probably never win a league or an FA cup, and playing the world champions would be a particular highlight, that someone would come along and try to grab all the headlines by saying the performance was poor, which by the way it wasn't.

In any case, I don't want to put fuel on the fire of what was said or not. I think for everyone concerned the best thing to do would be to draw a line under the whole episode and for everyone to get behind the Irish team for the qualifiers.

People may disagree with Trap, but that shouldn't stop them wishing the best for the team and supporting them to the last.

I never stated that only pundits should be allowed criticise. What I stated was that if Hunt was willing to make such a controversial comment, he should have known that he would be questioned further on it.Perhaps he is too thick to realise this.Trap responded in a far more dignified way

For the record, I am not supporting Dunphy either. I find him entertaining but think he was way off in his analysis on Sat night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    No, my missus only likes good looking blokes like me

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I suppose there are some people gullible enough to swallow Dunphy still trying to put his 'performance was shameful' remarks in the context of the Andy Reid ommision.
    Hardly pausing for a breath intake, a misty eyed Dunphy went on to extoll Andy's generous contributions to real charities involving real needy people (unlike that lanky creep) and that the poor lad must be devastated at his vindictive, unjust and disgraceful exclusion from the squad.
    I'm sure there was a real tear at the end but my eyes were so welled up I could not be sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    oh and if i hear the "we have the best golfers......rugby players.....great sportsmen like kilkenny hurlers bla bla bla" BLODDY SHUT UP WITH THAT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    As Gilsey says, when the ball goes dead, you come alive. He probably spotted a Montenegro defender out of position and wanted a quick throw. If Ireland scored a goal, people would be hailing his quick thinking.

Obviously you can't win with some people.
    Like this chap?

Video
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    good article by Richie Sadlier re Hunt's comments today

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    good article by Richie Sadlier re Hunt's comments today
    To be honest I find it amusing that Richie Sadlier is talking about bullsh1t in it having read his work for the last couple of years....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Its a funny article in that he talks about there being a misconception in football that the bigger the name the more valuable and valid the opinion. He certainly didnt get a job in the Indo himself for his writing skills.

Still I think a lot of what he was trying to say was accurate enough (even if he was sitting on the fence throughout).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a little bit like a Russian election, only one side allowed a voice. Fans can abuse players, pundits likewise, but it's a bit Dad's Army when it goes the other way around, as in "They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring". Hunt isn't the brightest spark, but giving into a polemicist like Mr. Dunphy is the same as having a go at Kevin Myers. You just give them more notice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Was I seeing things this morning or was Dunphy on the front of one of the tabloids, claiming that Ireland will beat France?? This is the same shameful Ireland who have been an embarassment to dear old Eamo all campaign?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Sneak preview of Giles and Dunphys rehersals prior to play offs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBSF0Gi7oM0

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910