Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: unfinished stadium debacle

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

unfinished stadium debacle

i was just wondering does anybody know officially what is happening with the stadium in tallaght.
    i drive past it twice a day every day and its crying out for someone to go and finish it off.
    i know there was speculation about funny boy o carroll getting involved but that aside (lets face it ,its not going to happen) do the club have any other avenue to go down to finish the project.

i think if it was to be finished it would give the el a huge boost all around(moral wise anyway as all the other clubs would have somewhere new to play)

there must be somebody out there that knows the real situation regarding the ground??????

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Originally posted by xtreme rebel
    Basically Rovers have'nt got the money to bring someone in to finish it off and that they owe the previous builders money!
    not good im afraid.
    presumably they would have to settle any existing debts before any other builder wood even look at them.
    and then id say they (the new builder)would want the dosh up front so they cant be caught out as well.

what you want here is a person/s with a lot of dosh or business accumn or preferably both to get involved.i suppose the same could be said for all the teams in the e/l.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

jeez, spot the wind-up merchant

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: unfinished stadium debacle

Originally posted by the 12 th man
    there must be somebody out there that knows the real situation regarding the ground??????
    Basically they got hit by the hyper inflation in the building sector, not helped by a succession of incompetent boards. Planning also cost much more than anticipated due to the GAA panicing about the potential that they'd have.

It should be added that, IMO, they went for too and expensive stand design. Should've gone for a more simple/ basic design first phase and just get in there and get the extra revenue/ reduced costs.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

Re: Re: unfinished stadium debacle

Originally posted by Macy
    It should be added that, IMO, they went for too and expensive stand design. Should've gone for a more simple/ basic design first phase and just get in there and get the extra revenue/ reduced costs.
    it does look like (if ever finished ) a very expensive looking project but it beggras belief that anybody would have put their hands in their pockets (to get it this far)without the money being there to finish the project off.

i mean just think of the amount of money that must have been spent so far and for the project to just stop in the middle of construction
    /man o man i just cant get me head around the backroom shenanagans that must have happened.

just imagine "ah well, we will get the land and get the builders in to put in foundations,then we will get the first tier of the stand up
    and then we will just take it from there"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Re: unfinished stadium debacle

Originally posted by Macy
    True though it should be pointed out that we should also have just gone for the 1500 seats and the dressing rooms (the original Phase 1) instead of going for the full stand (3500) and the club house and offices. Unfortunatley the design of the stand has had to be set in stone due to the planning difficulties.
    EL grounds are like good episodes of The Simpsons, no matter how many times you see them they're still funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    according to paper ben dunne is apparently in the wings waiting to build a leisure centre adjacent to the ground.he is supposedly waiting for rights to the carpark of the proposed centre to be put in writing and then its on with the show.

boy o boy there is some collection of mouth pieces claiming they are going to save rovers.who is next/ gay byrne to save rovers??
    Crumlin UTD

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by the scout
    according to paper ben dunne is apparently in the wings waiting to build a leisure centre adjacent to the ground.he is supposedly waiting for rights to the carpark of the proposed centre to be put in writing and then its on with the show.

boy o boy there is some collection of mouth pieces claiming they are going to save rovers.who is next/ gay byrne to save rovers??
    I was listening to Des Cahills Sports program last night, he had Denis Desmond as his guest.
    Desmond claimed that he had approached the Kilcoynes years ago, when they were selling Milltown, to see if they would sell it to him. He wanted to ensure the Rovers stayed at Milltown as he thought it was the best place for them.
    When he was asked if he would invest in Irish football, he just avoided the question.