Thanked in
    621 Posts

Question Return of the Roy?

Roy says its down to Brian Kerr?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    rent-a-quote Roy at it again. Though unlike the last comments he does actually hint that he wants to come back this time, I still can't see it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He got another book coming out? I think he would do wonders for our midfield again, question is will the other players accept him, I think we moved on to be honest.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stranger things have happened, granted not much stranger. I would love Roy to come back for the World Cup. But I get the feeling I will have to see it before I believe it.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    praying for roy to get back to international footie, where he belongs!!

Fingers crossed he and Brian Kerr will get around the table and knock it out!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by madser6

Fingers crossed he and Brian Kerr will get around the table and knock it out!!

And what about getting back to international football?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    oh but doesnt the table come first!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Will that media hungry gobsh*te ever just f*ck off and leave us all alone, the fecking prostitute.

Anyway, on last nigts performance we dont need him. He is an old timer, and way past his best!!!!

*[SIZE=1]here we go again[/SIZE] *
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I dont believe a word of it.
    i would love to see him in the green shirt again but it has been said to many times and then he leaves us down again.
    i am not anti-keane i have always supported him sand will always support hin against that l@nger mccarthy i have just heard this story too many times and am getting sick of it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by adamcarr

i am not anti-keane i have always supported him sand will always support hin against that l@nger mccarthy

Em, Im sure u will find that McCarthy is gone, long long gone at this point, so he doesnt even enter the equation.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This has been done time and again. Will he ever shut up.

Why didn't he come back when Kerr asked him? Do the right thing Brian and tell him were to stick it. Don't listen to the Man yoo lovers and the Oirish press we proved last night that we have moved on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh good god no, not this again. Will it ever end? Just forget about him people, sure he's still a decent player but he's not the future of Irish football, its time someone else stood up to take his place there's no point in bringing a divisive figure like Roy Keane back for what would amount to a stop-gap presence for one qualifying tournament, and in the process blocking some other younger player from getting some vital experience.

I imagine in 40 years time or so when Keane is close to his deathbed there'll still be some fool out there who thinks theres just the slightest possibility of a remote chance that he might play for Ireland again because he was heard to say he would have liked to have played at the new Lansdowne Road stadium thats just been built.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is getting a lot of coverage, on the BBC site, Sporting Life and they just had a discussion on it on Talksport this morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up

I think the coverage this time suggests that there is something in it. Cunnigham is going to be 35 by the next world cup .. a year older than Keane, so the age thing is not such a huge factor. I think we'd be mad not to want him back if there is something in this story. Whatever your feelings are about Saipan, he still made a huge contribution to us getting there. Those two home games against Portugal and Holland, he was immense. I hope Brian gets on the phone to him today, and gets a definitive answer, yes or no.

..actually just read David Kelly's article in the indo and it doesn't look so clear cut..

http://www.unison.ie/sportsdesk/stor...=12&si=1130495

"probably be unfair on the team and probably unfair on Brian Kerr."
    Last edited by macdermesser; 20/02/2004 at 7:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    F**k him. He's ****ed on our dreams far too often for me to want to see him in a green shirt again. I'd rather have a team of Kevin Kilbanes than Roy Keanes representing my country. At least I'd know that the eleven I was watching really wanted to be there.

Roy Keane - gtf.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

only1kilbane
    i agree 100% with the last comment. The cheek of him to do this to us again ! get everyone talking about the little judas .

Look he had his chance back in febuary when Brian asked him back for the Scottish game and he let us down again so f**k him.

As far as i can remember it was his medical advisors ( ie mr ferguson) who stopped him or so he says coming back last time so will they be happy now ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by only1kilbane
    Look he had his chance back in febuary when Brian asked him back for the Scottish game and he let us down again so f**k him.
    At that point his season and possibly his career were under threat. Now he is back to full fitness.

pbn
    Forget the business with McCarthy in Japan....... People seem to forget he was also messing Kerr around and attention seeking before the Scotland friendly.

Now he's also started having a go at Man U's young players. Of course he's is/was a great player but he just has too much of a negative influence and is a bully. Lets forget him.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All a big storm in a tea-cup. he said in an interview on radio 1 that he wouldn't be comign back. End of story - goodnight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    don't know if there is much point in dragging this debate on ... but .. if it ever got to the stage, unlikely and all as it is now, that the manager and players were willing to take him back, and that his "no friendlies" thing was accepted (even more unlikely), and Fergie gave it his blessing .. then you can't argue that his presence would not add a dimension that no one else around could add. I was angry as the next guy about how he didn't come back for the Russian and Swiss game .. but what's the point in carrying all this hatred and bitterness around.

At least I'd know that the eleven I was watching really wanted to be there.

well .. judging on the Portugal game .. and in fact every competitve Irish game in recent memory he was more than just there.

Anyway ... judging by the comments he has made, it seems unlikely that it is going to happen .. and perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut, instead of getting some people's hopes up, or opening up old wounds again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast