Thread: Ireland and Brazil's starting line ups

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ireland and Brazil's starting line ups

starting line up on fai.ie

Ireland (probable): Given (Newcastle United); Carr (Tottenham Hotspur), Cunningham (Birmingham City), O’Brien (Newcastle United), O’Shea (Manchester United); McAteer (Sunderland), Kavanagh (Cardiff City), Holland (Charlton Athletic), Kilbane (Everton); Morrison (Birmingham City), Keane (Tottenham Hotspur).

Brazil - Dida (AC Milan); Cafu (AC Milan), Roque Junior (Siena), Lucio (Bayer Leverkusen), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid); Kleberson (Manchester United), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Ze Roberto (Bayern Munich); Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Kaka (AC Milan); Ronaldo (Real Madrid).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is that the team we're picking? If it is, and he's leaving Reid and Delap out for McAteer, Kilbane and Kavanagh then it's a joke. That mid field is f'n awful and we'll be ****ed on, frankly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Slash/ED
    is that the team we're picking? If it is, and he's leaving Reid and Delap out for McAteer, Kilbane and Kavanagh then it's a joke. That mid field is f'n awful and we'll be ****ed on, frankly.
    just came on line and went to the fai site and that was what was there.... it did have probable next to the ireland like up..... you never know kerr might have converted a brazilian player to play for us??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If that is the team we seriously lack flair in midfield. Andy Reid should have been accomodated.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can't argue with that lineup. McAteer and Kilbane offer experience. Start throwing in inexperienced players and the Brazilians will embarass us.

Reid and the others deserve a try out against Romania and Czech.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    play a woefully inept mid field without a creative bone in their body and we'll be embarassed by the Brazilians.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    play a woefully inept mid field without a creative bone in their body and we'll be embarassed by the Brazilians.
    I appreciate that people want to see new players getting chance. However, tomorrow we play the world champions and experience will count for alot. Jason had a brilliant game for Sunderland on saturday. Kilbane is doing well and at least one fringe player is getting a start (personally I would have went with Delap). Theres no reason why Kerr won't throw Reid on at half time.

We have a small pool of players. A couple of injuries and we are struggling. That is why the players that are believed to be 'past it' (McAteer,Holland et al) will always be able to fill in and do a job for us. The likes of Staunton, Quinn and Cascarino played well into their 30's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    surley you're small pool argument should be used against that selection. We know what McAteer et al can do (not alot, imo), we need Reid to get as many caps as possible. We need to pick our best team, if we keep worrying about experience in feckin friendlys we'll never blood a youngster again and have the same starting 11 for the next 50 years. We had the same experience rubbish used to justify our starting 11 in basle, we were **** then, we'll be **** again tomorrow.

If these old experienced heads weren't good enough then why are they being kept around and being used against a superior team?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its because we are playing Brazil that we need experience.

Kerr can field an uncapped XI in the next two games for all I care.

The last thing we want is the young lads losing Morale because they spent 90 minutes in an exhibition with Brazil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    why does it make a difference that we're playing Brazil? Surley, you pick your best team if you want to win the match, which Kerr does. These old gaurd, a good few of them let us down in Basle. It's time for the youngsters and fringe players, who are better imo, to step in. Why persist with players who couldn't get the job done against the Swiss? We heard the very same arguments then, we need experience ect ect and as I said then we would regret it and we did, we'll be absolutley destroyed by Brazil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think a balanced aproach to the squad is needed, this is not a 'testimonial' game for any of the players and as such while having players with experiance will help this game is not their send off and they shouldnt get longer on the pitch over up and comming players.

i think that the players that kerr has in mind for the next world cup and the younger players should be focused on for games like this. to be fair some current players need to be thinking if they are cut out playing international games for the next few years upto 2006 and after that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How do you know the youngsters are better if they only worn the green jersey a couple of times?

Anyway at this rate I'll be asking the FAI for coaching/scouting job.

I'll leave it to Brian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    because I've seen them play with my own eyes for our U21s and their club sides and can base my judgement on that, and believe me, they're better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Declan_Michael
    Its because we are playing Brazil that we need experience.

Kerr can field an uncapped XI in the next two games for all I care.

The last thing we want is the young lads losing Morale because they spent 90 minutes in an exhibition with Brazil.
    as a young player who is breaking into the team what better incentive to work harder or experiance could be gained by playing brazil? playing just a few minuites would do any players morale loads of good.

also the next two games are by no way walk overs so why would we play an uncapped xi? by having a balanced squad we have a chance against any team on the day.

have some more faith in young or inexperianced players they will be taking ireland forward to future world cups and euro championships

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Will everyon calm down. This is not the team that Kerr has named, it is just a few people guessing the lineup like anyone else. Anyway, I don't see a problem with it. There is only two "old heads" in the team that played against the Swizz, Holland and Kilbane. They are both at the best form of their career so definitely deserve a place in the team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Regarding the probable lineup, if Andy Reid the best player by a long shot in the Nationwide cant get starting place then somethings seriously awry.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads what feckin formation are Brasil playin?

Dida in nets, grand

Cafu rb Roque Junior-Lucio cbs Rob Carlos Lb?

Kaka Kelberson Sliva ZeReberto ?

Ronaldo Ronaldino?

If they play like this and the line up would suggest it, that defence is dodgy even against us Cafu is about 90, RJ is playin so bad he wouldnt displace and Iraqi defence, the other two are solid but for a Brasilian defence.

Carr can take care of ZeReberto no prob, Kaka is an excellant prospect but not the finished article although he is playin well but I not sure if he plays rm, Ive seem him play a more central role for Milan. The two Larrys in the middle should give the defence some pretection and shouldnt pose that much of an attacking treath.

We fecked after that! Hopefully Shay will play a stormer, and keep Ronnie in check, or maybe he just mightnt fancy it and get replaced at h/t? Ronaldo is brillant when the pressure is on but in meaningless matchs well only feckin people like Connolly wanna score in them to prove that hes not totally crap.

So maybe we have half a chance in a front of a packed full house.

I could go through our lineup but Ill trying to remain positive, and if I found half as many positives in there as negatives in the Brasilian line up Id be in line for some sort of life time achievment award!
    A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

irwinsalegend
    from what i've heard Andy Reid is going to be starting in the center along side Holland which is the good I think, if Kleberson is half as bad for Brazil as he is for United this season then we have a chance.

Pogsly
    Kaka and Ronaldinho will roam the pitch with Ronaldo playing the "lone" striker role if you can imagine him doing it .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I expect you've never seen Graham Kavanagh play then.
    Oh no not them again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast