Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Hughton(B. 1958)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I think his biggest achievement this season is turning the bunch of jokers at the back into the best defence in the Championship. It's a lower standard of course but his team have only conceded one goal more than Chelsea and 4 more than United in 9 more games. They key for them will be if Andy Carroll can carry his goalscoring form to the Premier League next season. And, er, maybe Leon Best can get a game or two please.

Wishing him the best of luck in the Premier League anyway, would love to see him managing Ireland at some point.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Congratulations to Chris Hughton for achieving promotion with Newcastle. He's turned a joke of a team into a functioning, efficient unit once again. The real test doesn't come until next season, but I think he's up for it.

Potential future Ireland manager if he continues to impress at Newcastle...
    Whilst Ashley's there, I can't see your last line being too relevant next season. That said, CH is a more credible candidate than SS, BK or even RMK to manage Ireland in the next 5 years....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Whilst Ashley's there, I can't see your last line being too relevant next season. That said, CH is a more credible candidate than SS, BK or even RMK to manage Ireland in the next 5 years....
    Damn it, I hate when people do this. SS is Steve Staunton and BK is Brian Kerr. RMK is Roy Maurice Keane? Why would Brian Kerr and Steve Staunton be in the running for the Irish job any time in the next 5 years? They've both been Irish managers in the past five years. Could you ever see Roy Keane working for the FAI? Me neither.

He certainly could be in the running for the Ireland job in the next five years, but 5 years is a long time in football.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Well done Chris Hughton. Any manager that has success with Newcastle deserves all the credit he can get. Hopefully they make a few signings as I think they will need some quality to compete in the premiership.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I am happy for Hughton and I hope he has continued success

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    It must be a first today to have two former Republic of Ireland assistant managers facing each other as managers in the English league. Chris Hughton v Kevin McDonald have some more coaching badges than Maurice Setters v Ian 'Taff' Evans at least.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Credit to CH;No Mags fan (My Mackem pals would want to do something horrible if I admitted any relative affection) but great to see he has a 6-0 win the EPL now on his cv.

Lucky enough to meet a couple of times and a proper gent. Keep up the good work.

And no idea what Serb was on about 4 months ago....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Apparently Chris Hughton is on the shortlist of managers that the FA has drawn up to replace Capello.
    (should he mess up in the coming days)

You heard it here first.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    The FA are compiling a shortlist of managers to replace Capello before the qualifying campaign has even begun? I'm ignoring the fact that Chris Hughton is supposed to be on this list. Do you have a link, or any kind of source for that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    The FA are compiling a shortlist of managers to replace Capello before the qualifying campaign has even begun? I'm ignoring the fact that Chris Hughton is supposed to be on this list. Do you have a link, or any kind of source for that?
    Nope.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckydee View Post
    Apparently Chris Hughton is on the shortlist of managers that the FA has drawn up to replace Capello.
    (should he mess up in the coming days)

You heard it here first.
    i doubt that very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    The only link that I have (in regards to this topic) is that thug Joey Barton recommending him for the English job. The link is about a month old:

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk...42/index.shtml

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He is defintely a contender for the english job
    No Sig is a Good Sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Another great result for him at Arsenal today, following on from last Sunday.
    Really really pleased for Chris, though maybe a shame it has to be Newcastle....

At this rate, he's too good for the Ireland job or even the other lot, which I hope he wouldn't ever take not that it would happen.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Chris is continuing to do very well at Newcastle, excellent performance by his team against Arsenal today.
    Ironic that if Shay had stayed, he probably would be enjoying life in football a lot more.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Absolutely disgraceful that his job was apparently "in danger" 2 games ago. Now Newcastle sitting pretty in 4th - he's the toast of Newcastle once again

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful that his job was apparently "in danger" 2 games ago. Now Newcastle sitting pretty in 4th - he's the toast of Newcastle once again
    Sums up that club in fairness.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Logged on to say something similar. Was it more to do with the media though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Sums up that club in fairness.
    His job was NEVER in danger. It was bullsh*t stirred up by the local media with the likes of Alan Oliver bored with nothing to write about.
    You've got no fans.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    I think his biggest achievement this season is turning the bunch of jokers at the back into the best defence in the Championship. It's a lower standard of course but his team have only conceded one goal more than Chelsea and 4 more than United in 9 more games. They key for them will be if Andy Carroll can carry his goalscoring form to the Premier League next season. And, er, maybe Leon Best can get a game or two please.

Wishing him the best of luck in the Premier League anyway, would love to see him managing Ireland at some point.
    What Serb wrote back in April is so true. Hughton has done a brilliant job and I agree with Serb's sentiments too. His post is nearly prophetic!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast