Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Another Full House At Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tipptops View Post
    Its fantastic alright but lets put Tallaght in context. It was built by the SDCC, who should be getting the bulk of the credit. They are the landlord and Rovers have no say whatsoever in the running of the stadium.

Bohs on the other hand own their stadium. I think you will find that a lot of the anger stems for the below obversation.

Bohs are like the man who went out and worked hard all his life, building up his family home and developing his family, always paying his way and living in his own house. He can choose to do whatever he pleases with his own property. He has a disdain for his neighbour who has none of his traits.

Rovers the neighbour who did nothing with the most of his life. Sold whatever assets he had and squandered the proceeds, refused to pay off his debts and ended up at the mercy of the courts of the land, where he wins an unexpected, unwarranted reprieve. He then applys for a council house, which he rents for way below the market price. He then feels the need to gloat about how well it has worked out for him while his neighbour struggles due to the recession.
    Haha, I think that's the most ridiclous post I've ever seen on this forum, and that takes a lot!!!

So what if they rent it?? My god you'd think it was a crime for a club not to own their own ground. Rovers haven't been angels in the past, but lets be honest, they as well as Drogs, Cork have taken advantage of the Examinership route and now they have something in place which looks like that it might break the normal LOI trend of crap stadia, crap marketing and crap management.

I bet you your house that the Bohs board would give their right hand to be in the position Rovers are now in. I mean sure isn't that what they wanted to do with the "Harristown project".
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    is that tipptops fella going on to every thread just trying to annoy people?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tipptops
    Its fantastic alright but lets put Tallaght in context. It was built by the SDCC, who should be getting the bulk of the credit. They are the landlord and Rovers have no say whatsoever in the running of the stadium.

Bohs on the other hand own their stadium. I think you will find that a lot of the anger stems for the below obversation.
    Who's angry though? The rest of the league, or one club whose raison d'etre is to condemn SRFC?

That club don't own their own stadium, neither do Drogheda, neither do Cork, and a number of others. Are you going to criticise all of them, or begrudge us for finally having a home to play in?

Tallaght is an enormous place, even by Dublin standards. It's a huge football place. It wants and needs a team in the LOI. This year, it has it on it's doorstep, in the best ground in the league. Everything that fans want is there. They're unlikely to turn their back on us anytime soon.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    What is annoying is the arrogance of the Shamrock people, especially since 90% of them are bandwagon jumpers, I admire the hardcore 600 fans they have and what they have done to turn their club around, but they do get preferential treatment by the media, referees, FAI, and government which the Shamrock people are slow to acknowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Bohs are like the man who went out and worked hard all his life, building up his family home and developing his family, always paying his way and living in his own house. He can choose to do whatever he pleases with his own property. He has a disdain for his neighbour who has none of his traits.
    Including selling it twice
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappagh Red
    What is annoying is the arrogance of the Shamrock people
    Wrong

especially since 90% of them are bandwagon jumpers,
    Wrong

the hardcore 600 fans they have
    Wrong

but they do get preferential treatment by the media, referees, FAI, and government
    Wrong

Maybe you'll get something right next time.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Perhaps you should look into the history of how Bohs came to own Dalymount Park. Maybe then you would realise how ridiculous your post is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    I feel myself that Shamrock Rover's upturn in fortunes has occurred since a group of fans seized control of the club from self serving blazers and started to run their business in a responsible and proper manner. I have no love for Rovers but they didnt have the option of selling the family silver to bail themselves out time and again. Where they are today may have some bases in the fact that their Brand is, like it or not, due to their history and tradition the biggest in LoI. Is it fair? Probably not but id take it if it was Dundalk not giving a damn what others thought especially Drogheda fans and i'm sure the Drogs would be of similar opinion..

58 mil and nice new 10000 capacity ground in exchange for Dalymount would have been nice for Bohs it is just such a pity that a plan like this was delayed by a whole lot of messing about until it bacame unviable

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Your home attendance for the cup game last year was 1000, 350 of which travelled from Sligo, 50 neutrals = 600 Shamrock fans, hence my 90% bandwagon jumpers estimate, and your dismissal of the post I made just emphasises my point about arrogance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappagh Red View Post
    90% bandwagon jumpers estimate,
    Great! Keep the bandwagon jumpers coming to games and sell out grounds, sounds fine to me!

What would you say in the Showgrounds? Oi havent seen you here before...thats right first time here thought id see what the fuss was about...ok well get lost then....???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Lot of very bitter fans in this league, if the league was something to be proud of you'd understand but its not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Your home attendance for the cup game last year was 1000, 350 of which travelled from Sligo, 50 neutrals = 600 Shamrock fans, hence my 90% bandwagon jumpers estimate, and your dismissal of the post I made just emphasises my point about arrogance
    Nothing to do with arrogance.

The North Dublin inner city isn't our catchment area, but anyway, the crowd number is best explained here
    Last edited by mypost; 29/09/2009 at 6:35 PM.

Ten Years Not Out

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Miltown to Tolka must be nearly four miles away, what an arduous journey that was for all the little Shamrocks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    God Almighty, this thread started as a celebration of a rare success story this year for the League of Ireland, to help show we've got the potential to replicate the Tallaght story in hopefully most if not all of the other LOI clubs in the months and years ahead.

I'd love to see all other club grounds packed out for every match for the good of the league, the clubs and supporters.

Can you imagine what that injection of support and cash would mean to all of us, if we stopped moaning and actually put plans in place to attract more punters to the games, we might actually get somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman. View Post
    If they spent half of time trying to sort out their own club rather than looking for another bitter swipe at Rovers then they probably would be in a better financial shape at the moment.
    You might have a point if you weren't so happy slagging off "craptown" with the regularity of a man who has allbran for breakfast every morning.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    You might have a point if you weren't so happy slagging off "craptown" with the regularity of a man who has allbran for breakfast every morning.
    I slag off Craptown purely for the fun, and not for any hope that they'll go under anytime soon.

I know what it's like to support a team who splashes the cash however real character comes when you come crashing down to earth and have to recover

You'll know all about that soon enough I reckon.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappagh Red View Post
    Miltown to Tolka must be nearly four miles away, what an arduous journey that was for all the little Shamrocks
    I know, it only takes ten minutes down a bog road.
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    We're not too far off a situation where other clubs will refuse to have nice stadia and market their club properly "because that's what Shams did".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    what an arduous journey that was for all the little Shamrocks
    When we played Sligo in Tolka this year, the place was a quarter full. When we played Real Madrid and Derry afterwards, Tallaght was sold out. Comparing Tolka to Tallaght is like comparing a tenement with a mansion.

Ten Years Not Out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    When we played Sligo in Tolka this year, the place was a quarter full. When we played Real Madrid and Derry afterwards, Tallaght was sold out. Comparing Tolka to Tallaght is like comparing a tenement with a mansion.
    Look fair play to Shams filling Tallaght and long may it last, its all good for the LOI.
    I think what other people are geting at is that this is a sucessful season for ye, theres a honeymoon period with the stadium and feel good factor with the club; yet the crowd wont travel down the road for a competitive game - the catchment area for that game should have nothing to do with it.
    If their not sitting in their nice red, yellow, white or whatever colour seat for a game they didnt want to know. Every club can get their bandwagon supporters when the sun is shining, keeping them now thats the real challenge.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast