Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoops face new crisis

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hoops face new crisis

HAVING being denied a return to Richmond Park and Tolka Park already for the forthcoming season, Shamrock Rovers look like being rejected a third time as the Bohemians committee meet to consider the ramifications of accepting the Hoops as tenants in Dalymount Park.

Rovers are believed to have approached Dublin City, who have secured a deal with Shelbourne to use Tolka Park, about the possibility of swapping landlords. That would mean City playing their home games at Dalymount instead of Tolka, and so allowing the Hoops pitch tent in Drumcondra again.

It is believed that Dublin City might agree to this suggestion if they are offered some financial compensation.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Ringo, if your doing a copy and paste job, tell us where it's from and stick in a link....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Red face

normally do, forgot, please forgive me.
    Link won't work onless your registered
    © Irish Independent
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independe...0458&printer=1

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Macy, it's from the Indo.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    do you want rovers at Dalymount?
    Last edited by Ringo; 17/02/2004 at 11:01 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    From Bohs website.

http://www.bohemians.ie/news.htm#Mem...ing:::16/02/04

The Long Bar in Dalymount was tonight the venue for an emotive meeting between the members and the Board of Directors of the Bohemian FC. The main item of discussion was the proposed groundshare of Dalymount with other interested parties, including Shamrock Rovers, Dublin city and an unnamed Junior club who only came into the picture today.

In the end members gave their permission for the Board to discuss the matter further with all interested parties. A decision will be made in the next couple of days.

It should be pointed out that Dublin City have a deal for Tolka, we aren't looking to go to Dalymount. Rovers are the one with the problem.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ringo
    do you want rovers at Dallymount?
    I'll assume that's directed at me, this is going to open a can of worms.

It's a tough one to call. Financially, any paying club should be welcome. But the recent trouble at Bohs v Rovers matches tells me that it's not really a good idea.

There are all sorts of hypothetical deals being talked about at the moment in relation to this but realistically the security issue is a huge factor.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Robinski
    I'll assume that's directed at me, this is going to open a can of worms.

It's a tough one to call. Financially, any paying club should be welcome. But the recent trouble at Bohs v Rovers matches tells me that it's not really a good idea.

There are all sorts of hypothetical deals being talked about at the moment in relation to this but realistically the security issue is a huge factor.

There's a spin being put on this at the moment that Dublin City won't move aside and let Rovers into Tolka. Bohs & Pat's are right to be cautious of letting Rovers in, because of past behaviour of fans. Rovers have no one to blame for this but themselves. Why should Dublin City move?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's a spin being put on this at the moment that Dublin City won't move aside and let Rovers into Tolka. Bohs & Pat's are right to be cautious of letting Rovers in, because of past behaviour of fans. Rovers have no one to blame for this but themselves. Why should Dublin City move?
    I agree, why should they move? Their deal is done.

The only reason I can think of is again the security one. Rovers won't cause trouble at Tolka but more than likely will at Dalymount. Dublin City won't cause trouble anywhere.

My guess is that the eL administrators/FAI are looking at this from a point of view of damage control.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Still, very funny seeing "BSC" giving out about potential trouble from Rovers playing there!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its official. Dublin City are not moving from Tolka.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh its all rovers fault.

I dont want us to move into Dalymount. Any Rovers fan Ive talked to doesnt but to say that its just rovers fans who cause trouble is ridiculous. If we were to move there there would be trouble but Bohs fans would cause it also. i dont want to open a can of worms here but this must be said.

Nah Dublin City dont have to move and why should they but if they want to be accepted in this league (I dont have a problem with them a lot do) then surely it would make more sense to co-operate with the other clubs as 3 clubs were willing to do this. This may come back to haunt Dublin City

KOH

JUZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Whats the craic with Tallaght?

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Juz the Hoop
    Oh its all rovers fault.

Nah Dublin City dont have to move and why should they but if they want to be accepted in this league (I dont have a problem with them a lot do) then surely it would make more sense to co-operate with the other clubs as 3 clubs were willing to do this. This may come back to haunt Dublin City

KOH

JUZ
    We are in the League & accepted. We have every right to be in the premier leaugue, we won that right.

What are three clubs willing to do? Do Dublin City not have a say in it? Its blame Dublin City, rather than face down their own fans at Boh's or Pat's. Why didn't your club make adeal earlier? You've been moving around the last few years, surely they new their was going to be a problem. I don't see how this could come back to haunt Dublin City.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We are in the League & accepted. We have every right to be in the premier leaugue, we won that right.

What are three clubs willing to do? Do Dublin City not have a say in it? Its blame Dublin City, rather than face down their own fans at Boh's or Pat's. Why didn't your club make adeal earlier? You've been moving around the last few years, surely they new their was going to be a problem. I don't see how this could come back to haunt Dublin City.
    Where did I blame Dublin City? All I said was that out of the 4 clubs 3 were willing to do a deal the only 1 who wasnt were Dublin City thats their perogitive. It could come back to haunt them if they want something done in the future that all. People have long memories in this game at times.

I agree our board should have done something earlier. In fairness Ringo you did win the right but a lot of people are sceptical about Dublin City thats all.

Take a chill pill m8 i was not having a go.

KOH

JUZ

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by SuperKev
    Well maybe if ye had behaved yourselves in a certain Richmond park, ye wouldnt be in this trouble in the first place. And dont mind coming back with your "its other clubs as well" routine, rovers need to sort out their support. The majority are scum and yere all happy to hide behind yere little scarves on the rovers website and act as some sort of organisation of hooligans. Going over to milwall games etc. Always the hooligan element clubs. Ye make me sick. Go away now with your petty little argument. You have no basis for it whatsoever Juz the Hoop if that is your real name
    Seems to me "SuperKev" if that is YOUR real name that you believe everything you read.

I dont want to get into a tit for tat argument but if you think that the only club that cause trouble is Rovers ud wanna check your facts. We have an undesirable element in our club but so do a lof of clubs. To say that the majority of our fans are scum is way way way off the mark and once again is a genralisation. As for the Milwall thing dont amke me laugh

KOH

JUZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ............................................

Juz,

I think most people see where you are coming from but your point is being drowned out by the "elements" activities. No matter how much good is done, it is all undone straight away by any incidents that take place.

Going north for games and to Millwall and this kinda of thing, while you might think it is harmless and isn't worth mentioning, most others see it as clandestine and a statement of intent. Again ... it is only a hand full of your support part-taking in these trips but it is that small few that will be spoken about.

You could have 3,000 fans or 30,000 fans all behaving themselves at you home games or where ever but it is the small element that people will give out about. All the normal fans might as well not be there. No one cares about them when everyone is taking about the element.

It is unfair and unbalanced maybe, but that is the way it is.

I have spent a couple of weekends in Dublin recently and have spoken to a few barstoolers and i brought it up (as you do) "Why dont you go across town and support you own ? " ..... "no way man, it is all scumbags and trouble, you'd get the head kicked off you" ..... I could try an argue with them but they are not that interested. They heard the name/label/stigma that it has and just stay away. They dont cast it another thought.

One incident can change five years hard work and that is the truth of it. And there is nothing anyone can do about it. People remember bad news before good.

No trouble IS the only way to go !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Originally posted by Juz the Hoop
    Seems to me "SuperKev" if that is YOUR real name that you believe everything you read.

I dont want to get into a tit for tat argument but if you think that the only club that cause trouble is Rovers ud wanna check your facts. We have an undesirable element in our club but so do a lof of clubs. To say that the majority of our fans are scum is way way way off the mark and once again is a genralisation. As for the Milwall thing dont amke me laugh

KOH

JUZ
    Juz

My advice for what it's worth is to ignore anything from the keyboard warrior superkev, or for that matter whatever other nickname he chooses to log on under.

Responding to his stupid ill informed, inaccurate views is only going to satisfy his ego and allow him to "push up his post rate".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    (a)We are in the League & accepted. We have every right to be in the premier leaugue, we won that right.
    What are three clubs willing to do? Do Dublin City not have a say in it?
    (b)Its blame Dublin City, rather than face down their own fans at Boh's or Pat's.
    (c)Why didn't your club make adeal earlier? You've been moving around the last few years, surely they new their was going to be a problem.

(d) I don't see how this could come back to haunt Dublin City.
    (a) Juz mean's accepted by supporters. You claim you're no threat to the other clubs support base and traditions but here you are forcing one to the brink. The other three clubs were willing to find allow Dublin City to play in Dalyer and Rovers in Tolka, either makes **** all difference to you TBH.

(b) Easy to say when you've no fans-that's why the rest of us dismiss you as a plastic club-hopefully the footballing public do the same.

(c)They did the FAI blocked it. Also they (unlike your board) are trying to sort out the building of our own ground

(d) I do in votes/goodwill re grants and when your looking for somewhere to play. As mentioned above you won't have a PD standard ground of your own for many moons.
    EL grounds are like good episodes of The Simpsons, no matter how many times you see them they're still funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by SuperKev
    Well maybe if ye had behaved yourselves in a certain Richmond park, ye wouldnt be in this trouble in the first place. And dont mind coming back with your "its other clubs as well" routine, rovers need to sort out their support. The majority are scum and yere all happy to hide behind yere little scarves on the rovers website and act as some sort of organisation of hooligans. Going over to milwall games etc. Always the hooligan element clubs. Ye make me sick. Go away now with your petty little argument. You have no basis for it whatsoever Juz the Hoop if that is your real name
    Once again, for the hard of hearing or for those arriving late like Superkev: Pats agreed to rent Richmond to Rovers up until the end of last September. We decided not to renew the arrangement purely on account of repeated late / non-payment of rent by Rovers. That decision was made BEFORE the Rovers-Bohs match in Richmond, which I think was on 1st September. We just ended up in the queue of people owed money by Rovers, along with their laundrette and their players. Understandably, considering we lost enough money under our own steam last season, our board didn't fancy letting the situation get any worse.

We played Rovers towards the end of September - complete with "Cheerio Homeless, Shut The Door On Your Way Out" banner. You might think that, seeing as they'd been told they were out on their ear and we WERE kinda rubbing their noses in it and they didn't have to mind their Ps and Qs any more, their legions of barbarians, visigoths, vandals and ne'er-do-wells might well have trashed the place in revenge but funnily enough, Richmond was not a heap of smoking rubble at the end of the ninety minutes.

Pats were willing to listen to proposals from Rovers re them coming back to Richmond this season, providing the FAI was willing to pay the rent (and presumably recoup it off Rovers). Again, our board's main concern was getting paid. Rovers board failed to turn up at a meeting that had been scheduled to discuss this proposal. When a Rovers official rang in a panic two days before the licencing results were announced, looking for a meeting that night, he was quite rightly told where to get off.

I'm not saying the prospect of Hooped boogeymen rampaging through Inchicore never occured to anyone, because I know it did figure in the initial discussions with the FAI, but the Richmond door was closed to Rovers because their board are welching idiots. Rovers' nutcase element were just a smokescreen behind which their board could hide their own ineptitude.
    Last edited by Dr.Nightdub; 18/02/2004 at 11:24 PM.
    Revenge for 2002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast