Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sligo Rovers V Shamrock Rovers Saturday 26th at 7.45pm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Foot.ie! Sligo Rovers V Shamrock Rovers Saturday 26th at 7.45pm

Shams game is always a special one for me. I've been gutted by our displays against them this season. Big chance to put it right and put some crucial points on the board.

Possible team:

Brush
    Boco
    Keane
    Peers
    Kendrick
    Cash
    Ventre
    O Grady
    Morrison
    Blinks
    Cretaro

I sincerely hope we've put the problems of earlier in the season behind us now. If any team can expose our weaknesses its's Shams. Twigg and Baker form a deadly partnership. Peersy will need to be on top form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    Shams game is always a special one for me. I've been gutted by our displays against them this season. Big chance to put it right and put some crucial points on the board.

Possible team:

Brush
    Boco
    Keane
    Peers
    Kendrick
    Cash
    Ventre
    O Grady
    Morrison
    Blinks
    Cretaro

I sincerely hope we've put the problems of earlier in the season behind us now. If any team can expose our weaknesses its's Shams. Twigg and Baker form a deadly partnership. Peersy will need to be on top form.
    I agree it's defo a special fixture..prob my fav of the season...i didnt make Tallaght at the start of the season but was at the other 2 games and they were possibly 2 of our worst preformances of the season so i really hope the lads are up for this one..its a pity Doyle is missing it im sure he would have loved to play.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i know im going off topic here but does anyone else notice how poor we are from throws. when we get a throw no one looks for the ball, i mean movement is non existent. all our throws go up the line to blinkhorn and end up back out across the line or kicked back down our end. likewise when opposing team geta throw we dont seem to pick up anybody and the opponents get all the time in the world. i know its a trivial point but it frustrates me so much when see it week in week out. as for shams match the weekend im hoping for a draw or a sneaky win. we are on a little run at the minute so hopefully we will keep it going. shams have been a real bogey team for us this year and we have not played well in any game against them this year so we are due a performance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    id give marshall a start, he played well on saturday, better than morrison did. im a fan of morrison but wouldnt mind seeing marshall start, see what hes like again. very good going forward most of the time and we need to win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    id give marshall a start, he played well on saturday, better than morrison did. im a fan of morrison but wouldnt mind seeing marshall start, see what hes like again. very good going forward most of the time and we need to win
    With Doyle suspended maybe Marshall and Morrison can both play. But I have a feeling Cook will opt for Cash instead, Marshall deserves a start though, he even does well when he comes on as a sub.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    With Doyle suspended maybe Marshall and Morrison can both play. But I have a feeling Cook will opt for Cash instead, Marshall deserves a start though, he even does well when he comes on as a sub.
    cash has been one of our better players in recent weeks. no way would i start anyone else on the right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    cash has been one of our better players in recent weeks. no way would i start anyone else on the right
    Won't argue with you there, his work rate has been great since the Cup game against Derry. Its hard too rule out Morrison for right midfield aswell, when both he and Boco are playing at their best, their link up play is absolutly brilliant. But thats not too say Cash wouldn't do just as well when hes on form.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think we can get something out of this for sure, should be a good crowd and atmosphere, we have not played at all this year against them, with us missing so many players the last day in Tolka. There is pressure will be on Shams to go top of the league with a win and take advantage of the fact Bohs are not playing, i think we can do them to be honest but it will take a major effort but the lads are capable of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this would be a very, very, very very sweet 3 points if we could do it - we have a strong team and if the crowd get behind the boys there is no reason we cant give them a fright!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i agree red away, they'll be running here there and everywhere to get outa the place

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think Shams have a habit of throwing away leads in the second half of matches, they seem to do well in the first half but seem to hit a wall in the middle of the second half,if contained in the first half,I definately think we have a superb chance to take them and think Marshall could be the man with the legs to terrify thier defence in the latter stages,maybe start with Cash see how he gets on then give Deano a run at half time

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    One of the most important people on the pitch on Saturday will be the referee and in my opinion the refs lean towards Shams and Sligo have been on the receiving side a few times in recent matches with Shams. If baldy Winter turns up I will leave the Showgrounds as he is the pits and seems to have it in for our manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    If baldy Winter turns up I will leave the Showgrounds as he is the pits and seems to have it in for our manager.
    It's Dave McKeon, just as bad IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Big crowd of Shammy fans coming down according to their forum...hopefully we'll get a massive crowd, drown them out. If not, the players will be able to shut them up anyway with an early goal.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Wouldn't start dean yet to be honest. I think some people here have gone a llittle bit over the top on him after the cork game. He's got potential and i think he could be a very good player for us next season but in my opinion he needs to bulk up a bit in the off season. I just don't think he's strong enough to cope week in week out in the league. His decision making isn't the best at times but that will come with experience. Definately a good option to have on the bench though,plenty of pace and not afraid to take players on. That's the role id see him in for the rest of the season. As for the shams game i think we can win this one...we beat bohs twice in recent weeks in the showgies so why shouldn't we beat shams!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Its great to have options. Here we are arguing over which player is better but a few weeks ago we didnt have enough for the bench. I think we can win this, we are as strong as anyone at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowin_Rover View Post
    I think Shams have a habit of throwing away leads in the second half of matches, they seem to do well in the first half but seem to hit a wall in the middle of the second half,if contained in the first half,I definately think we have a superb chance to take them and think Marshall could be the man with the legs to terrify thier defence in the latter stages,maybe start with Cash see how he gets on then give Deano a run at half time
    On recent results, Sligo want to give us two goals early on and that's your best chance to win 3 or 4-2
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the Shams lads think it's a matter of turning up some of the comments about stick 3 or 4 past us are laughable, esp now. They seem to be looking at their game v Bohs game more than this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    they'll expect to win as they have done quite easily 3 times already this year, their fans are by a long way the cockiest in the league and think they're the dogs balx.

i think richie ryan done himself no harm against cork and showed people he has quality. i stil wouldn't want to split up that midfield pairing of ogrady and ventre, but he'll get his chance again in the next few weeks. lot of games coming up. id imagine camano will start on the bench and keane will come in at CB. we'l have to watch robinson running from midfield, baker dropping off and looking for the ball, and cut off the supply to twigg. im sure cooky has the lads well prepared anyways.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well said cf , your spot on bout the dangers of shams we need to get tight and put in the effort and keep their top players quiet. if peers can pull off his usual heroics and ventre and o grady get the boot in we mite steal something.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast