Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: longford match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts

longford match

how do ye fancy your chances lads i know your preformances have improved but lasts weeks result must be a blow i'm still hoping ye have a miracle and go on a run but mabe after tuesday please! whats your team like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Kildare's team is pretty good. Current squad I would place ahead of Mervue, Longford, Athlone and Harps, but we have too many points to make up and the losing mentality to beat!

I would go for a draw or Kildare win on Tuesday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    longfords team is a lot better than where our leage position is at the minute if cronin was there from the start(which he should of been because he applied for the job and didnt get it) we would be easily mid table it will be a close game thou ye are easily better than mervue and athlone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    well done lads hope ye can stay up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidatrb View Post
    Kildare's team is pretty good. Current squad I would place ahead of Mervue, Longford, Athlone and Harps, but we have too many points to make up and the losing mentality to beat!

I would go for a draw or Kildare win on Tuesday.
    you would put your current squad ahead of a squad with the likes of franco gorgescu, noel mc gee, des hope, dave o connor, austin skelly, robbie benson, robbie hamm, etc??? all of them players would walk into the kildare team no disrespect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    its really hard to tell which team is better because there so incocistant a team might look good on paper but be crap on the night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    you would put your current squad ahead of a squad with the likes of franco gorgescu, noel mc gee, des hope, dave o connor, austin skelly, robbie benson, robbie hamm, etc??? all of them players would walk into the kildare team no disrespect
    Yes. That's what I said. Look back over the last 10 or so games. Kildare have 3 wins 2 draw = 11 points. Athlone have 5 draws = 5 points. Results are what matter - not names.

Logically, if we had the same squad and manager from the beginning of the season we would be well over 20 points at this stage.

I dont think you realise how much of a transformation has happened at Kildare since Thomas Donnelly left after the 5-1 defeat to Mons in match 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    well done lads hope ye can stay up
    Thanks, hope you can stay up too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    ye have merve at home coming up dont ye?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Yep in two weeks at home. A MUST win game if we are to have any chance of staying up, just looked through our remaining fixtures there and this is how i see it going for us.

U.C.D. Kildare County
    Kildare County Mervue United
    Limerick Kildare County Draw
    Monaghan Utd. Kildare County
    Kildare County Wexford Youths Draw
    Waterford Utd Kildare County
    Kildare County Shelbourne

Which would give us eight points. I think we would need to turn one of them draws into a win if we're to survive.
    Cmon County!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    positive thinking all the way i cant see mervue winning anything anyway and sure ye might beat limrick and the youths as they have feck all ta play for and sure waterford might be wrecked from all the games and shells could be home and dry by then!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildare Lad View Post

Think that will depend how we turn up on the night if we play the way we have the last 3 games or anywhere near as good as we can i cant see ye getting anything off us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    With respect to those players, if they were are so good how come athlone are so near the bottom?

If Kildare had their current squad for the full season, I don't think there would be any danger of us finishing bottom. I'm sure Longford would say the same about Gareth Cronin though.

If we can stay up, I'd be pretty confident about next season. Joey Somerville has performed a minor miracle to even get us into contention to get off the bottom, it would be very interesting to see how we would do in a full season under him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    agree totally!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yep in two weeks at home. A MUST win game if we are to have any chance of staying up, just looked through our remaining fixtures there and this is how i see it going for us.

U.C.D. Kildare County

Which would give us eight points. I think we would need to turn one of them draws into a win if we're to survive.
    I think if we are to get off the bottom we have to win our home games against Mervue and Wexford. In our situation, the monaghan game is a must win too. I haven't been overly impressed by limerick in the games against us this season although i understand that they are inconsistent, i would hope that our greater need for points would see us get something in that game.

Also, don't write us out of the ucd, waterford and shels games just yet. We have pushed them all very close in recent weeks and as the season draws to a close, they are bound to start to get nervous, there are always a couple of shock results in the last few weeks of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

U.C.D. Kildare County

In the same fixtures in the last round of games we picked up 7 points - beating Wexford and Mervue and drawing with Limerick. Not alot has changed for us in the meantime. I reckon 7 or 8 points would be about right.

I think to survive we really need to break one of the big teams, UCD, Shels or Waterford and pick up a win. It's possible. If only we could have held on to that 2 goal lead against Fingal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can anybody who was at the game confirm the Kildare County substitutions?

The extra time report had Sean Geoghegan, Craig Purcell and Gavin Kinsella replacing Orrin Farrell, Cathal Brady and Darren O'Brien but I've heard since that only Craig Purcell and David Long came on, can anybody help out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    The announcer named Sean Geoghegan but it was David Long that came on. Purcell and Kinsella came on too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Gorgescu who played with Bray most of his career and then couldn't make it at shels?

And the rest who have spent the majority of their career at a poor Athlone side who up until recently we beat practically every match, I wouldn't exactly say they are the best players (although Benson is only new so I'll leave him out of it)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
    With respect to those players, if they were are so good how come athlone are so near the bottom?

If Kildare had their current squad for the full season, I don't think there would be any danger of us finishing bottom. I'm sure Longford would say the same about Gareth Cronin though.

If we can stay up, I'd be pretty confident about next season. Joey Somerville has performed a minor miracle to even get us into contention to get off the bottom, it would be very interesting to see how we would do in a full season under him
    most of them joined only a few weeks ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast