Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup shenanigans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    So knowing the fai, and knowing (as they should have) that Derry needed to agree should Bohs have made any agreement? Or were they, possibly, blinded by thoughts of looking after themselves?

I've still got them magic beans
    Sorry, but I think you are wrong about Derry "needed to agree". This would apply were the other club wanted the original date changed, this was not an option as the League/FAI had already cancelled that date (due to MM Cup final ). therefore it is a matter for the League/FAI to decide on the new date.bohs were not seeking a cancellation of the original date the League/FAI muppet show were. Tuesday was not the original date.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Everyone knows what the fai are like, having dealt with them for years, but no one was cynical enough to say this sounds too good to be true.
    So you reckon Bohs should have gone down the alternative route, which is -

FAI - I want to have the League Cup Final in Waterford; do you mind? I'll make it worth your while anyways.
    Bohs - Of course we mind, you lying, smarmy fecker. Do you honestly think we have any faith in anything you say, you useless mong?
    FAI *Marks Bohs' card for relegation and holds a grudge for years to come*

Seriously, you seem rather naive about FAI politics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Sorry, but I think you are wrong about Derry "needed to agree". This would apply were the other club wanted the original date changed, this was not an option as the League/FAI had already cancelled that date (due to MM Cup final ). therefore it is a matter for the League/FAI to decide on the new date.bohs were not seeking a cancellation of the original date the League/FAI muppet show were. Tuesday was not the original date.
    Per the FAI Fans Forum at the start of the season Fixtures Secretary Michael Hayes clearly stated that the approach the FAI would take from this season on was tripartite agreement for rescheduled fixtures, specifically to avoid the problems in previous seasons. Only where agreement couldn't be reached between the three parties would the FAI take a unilateral decision.

And thats exactly whats happened.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    So to sum up what you're saying:

Everyone knows what the fai are like, having dealt with them for years, but no one was cynical enough to say this sounds too good to be true.

I was actually starting to have a little sympathy for ordinary decent bohs fans in all this. It got me to thinking of maybes and what ifs. If only bohs had insisted on a coin toss, and won, and the the final was to be played at Dalymount. Maybe there be no moaning about travel and three games in a week.

And any notion of sympathy vanished

No you have not summed up what I am saying at all. You have yet again shown the uncanny knack of missing the point of someones post.

And frankly I doubt if 'ordinary decent bohs fans' give a tinkers curse if you have sympathy for them or not !! Unbelievable.

I think pineapple stu sums up the alternative better than I could in the previous post to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Per the FAI Fans Forum at the start of the season Fixtures Secretary Michael Hayes clearly stated that the approach the FAI would take from this season on was tripartite agreement for rescheduled fixtures, specifically to avoid the problems in previous seasons. Only where agreement couldn't be reached between the three parties would the FAI take a unilateral decision.

And thats exactly whats happened.
    Yep, thats my point exactly this was a decision by the FAI alone, made despite any request from bohs or any nod and wink arrangement 9or to use a shorter term renaging).
    as a matter of interest can anyone here explain why Bohs would agree to play the final away knowing this would leave them with the three away games in 6 days ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Ok,

I'll make it easy for. Hypothetically speaking

Do you, honestly, think we wouldn't be have a debate about how shambolicly Bohs were treated by the FAI if the game was at Dalymount?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    No, because then the FAI wouldn't have made any deal to renege on.

Are you deliberately missing the point at this stage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Yep, thats my point exactly this was a decision by the FAI alone, made despite any request from bohs or any nod and wink arrangement 9or to use a shorter term renaging).
    as a matter of interest can anyone here explain why Bohs would agree to play the final away knowing this would leave them with the three away games in 6 days ?
    From what I've read it sounds like there was a discussion between Bohs and the FAI, a date was suggested, this was proposed to Derry who disagreed, as they are permitted to. Therefore final decision reverts back to FAI.

What am I missing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    grand so move the cup final on saturday to Dalymount ! given it is such a small journey
    even been a part time club it still wouldnt bother us if it was in dayler,
    and i bet we wouldnt have hendo or anyone from the club whinging about it like fenlon is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ORA
    What am I missing?
    The possibility that the FAI told Bohs the date change had been agreed, so just cede home advantage if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Ok,

I'll make it easy for. Hypothetically speaking

Do you, honestly, think we wouldn't be have a debate about how shambolicly Bohs were treated by the FAI if the game was at Dalymount?
    bohs would not be travelling if the game was at Dalymount and therefore the FAI would not have renaged on the matter consequentially there would not be an issue to talk about. At this stage are you just refusing to address the issues to wind things up ?

Mind you, Waterford have home advantage on saturday for the final - FAI fixture decision means Bohs almost certain to play a weakened team (improving chance of a Waterford win) - makes for one happy Delaney !

If Derry think any of this is about them then I think it might be them that has a false sense of importance (I won't use the Derry language)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roinuj View Post
    even been a part time club it still wouldnt bother us if it was in dayler,
    and i bet we wouldnt have hendo or anyone from the club whinging about it like fenlon is.
    Easy enough to say when you have Delaney to do your dirty work for you. can we expect Waterford to suggest/ propose a change of venue ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    No, because then the FAI wouldn't have made any deal to renege on.

Are you deliberately missing the point at this stage?
    Hang on a minute the point in question is an unsubstantiated allegation made by someone with a history of how shall we say this...

Well, what exactly did he say to Stuey Byrne in order for him to come out with that outburst?

The fact that this allegation is against an organisation people about here have little faith in seems to be the justification for vilifying anyone who dares question the validity of the allegations. Or the enforceability of any 'agreement' resulting from it.

If you came to an arrangement with me, and for whatever reason I was unable to fulfill my end of the agreement you'd be well within your rights to be annoyed. It would not however excuse you from fulfilling any obligations, related to the agreement but beyond my control. You simple made a bad deal.

If you're entitled to believe the worst of the FAI then I'm entitled to believe that Pat Fenlon would still be complaining, about something, even if the final was in Dalymount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    bohs would not be travelling if the game was at Dalymount and therefore the FAI would not have renaged on the matter consequentially there would not be an issue to talk about. At this stage are you just refusing to address the issues to wind things up ?

Mind you, Waterford have home advantage on saturday for the final - FAI fixture decision means Bohs almost certain to play a weakened team (improving chance of a Waterford win) - makes for one happy Delaney !

If Derry think any of this is about them then I think it might be them that has a false sense of importance (I won't use the Derry language)
    Thats obviously the reason, case closed

To be honest, I wouldnt have cared if it was on in Dalymount, for most proper fans it wouldnt have made a difference.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

On another note..

Anyone see the promotion of the game today in the star? Along the lines of Do you want to be the ball boy at the Waterford v Bohs game? Picture of a ball boy........... in a Barcelona jersey
    Last edited by Quadruple1928; 22/09/2009 at 3:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadruple1928 View Post
    Anyone see the promotion of the game today in the star? Along the lines of Do you want to be the ball boy at the Waterford v Bohs game? Picture has a ball boy........... in a Barcelona jersey
    Was it not to lead the Bohs team out?
    Wasnt surprised not to see a bohs jersey, thats how we do things in this league!
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Hang on a minute the point in question is an unsubstantiated allegation made by someone with a history of how shall we say this...
    The specific point to which I replied - and again, you're missing the point here - is that if the game had been in Dalyer, there wouldn't have been a need to enter into an agreement specifically to host it in Waterford, and so your post was redundant.

Of course this whole thing is based on hearsay; no-one's saying otherwise. But if the hearsay is correct, it appears Bohs are entitled to be annoyed. If it's wrong, Bohs are whingey feckers. It's that simple.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    Was it not to lead the Bohs team out?

You're right, either way it looks stupid!
    Last edited by Quadruple1928; 22/09/2009 at 4:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    The specific point to which I replied - and again, you're missing the point here - is that if the game had been in Dalyer, there wouldn't have been a need to enter into an agreement specifically to host it in Waterford, and so your post was redundant.
    I may have missed the point on which you were replying to, as you didn't quote it

But given the contents of your post, and the fact that it immediately followed mine, I thought maybe it was that you were responding to, apologies if this seems incorrect. If so you seem to be missing the point I was making and deliberately adding irrelevancies to advance your case. The potential for Pat Fenlon to find something to moan about is irrefutable. Its like the sun in the sky - and similarly we all take it for granted.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of course this whole thing is based on hearsay; no-one's saying otherwise. But if the hearsay is correct, it appears Bohs are entitled to be annoyed. If it's wrong, Bohs are whingey feckers. It's that simple.
    Well Stu you got some of it right, When this alledged agreement was made between the FAI and Bohs, surely a board with Bohs experience would have asked the FAI, "Did Derry City agree with this"? And we all know the answer to that would have been "No". So maybe there is a bit of mind games going on with Fenlon. After all he always seems to be crying about something.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast