Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: uh ah paul mcgrath!! Say uh ah paul mcgrath!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

uh ah paul mcgrath!! Say uh ah paul mcgrath!!

Waterford United have announced the arrival of former Republic of Ireland star Paul McGrath as the club’s new Director of Football and Development and Alan Reynolds as player/manager.

Paul, recognised the world over for his football acumen and regarded as an expert analyst was capped 83 times for his country and played over 560 games in English football, brings a wealth of experience to his new role, which is expected to commence immediately.

“I am extremely honoured to accept this position,” said Paul. “I am looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead and I hope that I can lead Waterford United to the success that the club deserves. I am thrilled to be back involved in football and I can’t wait to get stuck into the job.”

“Everybody at Waterford United is thrilled that Paul is joining the club,” said Blues Chairman Ger O Brien. “I am so glad to have a person of Paul’s calibre at United and we are happy at being able to afford him an opportunity to get back to an involvement with football.”

Alan Reynolds, who returns to the club where he spent nine years before having spells at Longford Town, Cork City and Shamrock Rovers, will assume the day-to-day duties in his new role as player manager, while Giles Cheevers as Head Coach, Richard O Connor (coach) and Derek Browne (under 21 Manager) will continue in their respective positions.

“The club had a number of very highly qualified applicants for the position of manager, but having given the matter a lot of thought and consciously not rushing into a decision, we feel that we have made the right choice in Alan, who has always shown great leadership qualities,” said Ger O Brien. “Given his experience in the eircom league, we believe he is right person to bring the club forward.”

“This is a wonderful opportunity for me, said Reynolds. “I can’t wait to get to grips with my new role and I look forward to working with everyone at the club and especially with Paul. Hopefully we can build a club that Waterford and the South East can be proud of and I hope that the supporters will work with us to achieve this success.”
    ------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Division 1 here ye go.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Division 1 here ye go.

paul has announced that the first training"session" will be in the quays bar in galway city.anybody who cant stay the pace will not have a place on the team.there will be further gruelling down the hatch sessions in the local night clubs
    Crumlin UTD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Waterford are seriously fcuked. That chairman is an even bigger clown than I thought. Paul McGrath and Alan fcuking Reynolds, what a joke! Ye've just ensured that Dublin City will be staying up anyway.

Conor, that comment only strengthens our belief that Waterford fans have a worrying obsession with City!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    McGrath is an Irish footbalkling legend, but does he actually have any coaching or managerial experience. I know Reynolds doesn't.

It might look good on paper, but with that Chairman, that Manager, and a director of football with little (i'm assuming) exposure to the EL over the last few years, it's not that clever.

Having said that, it'll boost attendances and it'll be good PR for the club.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    This news absolutely astounds me. Alan Reynolds would not know how to organise a ****up and as for McGrath, if Waterford are crap, will he drown his sorrows big time?

Scumbag Reynolds I hope you will be a disaster as a manager and the Section O boys will certainly give you a rotten reception I can guarantee you on that!

Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheerio cheerio cheerio.

Are Waterford the biggest joke to ever be in top flight football?

Without wanting to editorialise, this typer says yes, Waaaaherfurh are a joke, and will go down quicker than a dublin crack whore.

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Originally posted by the scout
    paul has announced that the first training"session" will be in the quays bar in galway city.anybody who cant stay the pace will not have a place on the team.there will be further gruelling down the hatch sessions in the local night clubs
    McGrath is actually living in Bray at the moment ! always see him out but his off the booze thank god !

Neil
    Originally posted by Gary
    Are Waterford the biggest joke to ever be in top flight football?
    Far from it.
    What they do have is the biggest joke of a chairman ever in top flight football.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok
    McGrath is an Irish footbalkling legend, but does he actually have any coaching or managerial experience. I know Reynolds doesn't.

It might look good on paper, but with that Chairman, that Manager, and a director of football with little (i'm assuming) exposure to the EL over the last few years, it's not that clever.

Having said that, it'll boost attendances and it'll be good PR for the club.
    Dont managers and directors of football need to have qualifications(like our own Gunther) now according to the licencing.
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They need to have a certificate, have experience (five years I think it was), or be attending the classes for the certificate. I presume it will be number three in this case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    What a joke! It looks like McGrath has been signed for PR (what does a directer of football do anyway?) to distract from the fact that Reynolds has no experience in management. I think Waterford will struggle this year.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Appointing Ratnolds as manager is hilarious. Sack an effective manager and appoint Reynolds? Insane behaviour by the chairman. Can't wait to see him at the X.

The Paul McGrath thing is a bit mad. I guess he can use his fame to promote the club and maybe atttract players/fans to the club.

It'll certainly prove a fascinating mixture to watch off the field...as the team crash back into Division 1.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I feel sory for McGrath that he even has to visit the place. On the plus side, at least they're f*cked for next season.

Waterford Town = Goin' Down
    The only way is up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    well as seen as everyone else has written them off, i may as well too - although i'm not entirely convinced

signing McGrath will bring people through the gates which has to be a good thing - but the hiring the Moneygrabbing borstead Ratnolds has left me scratching my head - he has shown little loyalty to clubs since he left Waherfur which does not bode well to galvanise a team spirit when the going gets tough.

Plus the fact that player/managers rarely work anyway

Oh and its good to be back posting - still making no sense!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    had to laugh when i found out... Reynolds? A manager? what can he show players? Loyalty? Nope.... And McGrath was a legend, but he's only off the gargle, and back on the road to sanity, does he really need this? Id like to see it work out, but it shows just what a joke of a board Waterford have, sacking McGeough for surviving the top flight?....
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fook's sake, where were we at the beginning of last season???? everyone saying we were going straight back down and we showed up a lot of people. Fair enough, Jimmy should never had been sacked, but there were disputes and arguments running all season and our cup of a chairman had the final say. It is a new start for the whole club now, and I for one think we will surprise a lot of people (maybe even beat Longford) once again...
    Allez les Bleus

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think it'll work

lads i think this should be given a chance. I was an still am not happy about the dismissal of Jimmy, but what has happened, happened. I think their could have been better choices brought in to replace him, but i wouldnt be surprised if the blues pick up where the left off last season. The coaching staff have remained the same so that will help the team and i think mcgrath is a good addition, will bring in crowds as well as having contacts for players although his lack of eL knowledge may be a hindrence. I think it is good for the eL aswell when was the last time that an eL story made the full front page of national papers two days in a week.

As for rennie being disloyal, he gave us 10 great years before leaving so im backing him all the way, just dont know how long he'll be manager for ! Good luck to the both of them, Blues for Europe, you heard it here first (feel free to bring this post back up when we are relegated!)
    of course, everything looks bad if you remember it.- Homer Simpson
    www.sliceco.com