Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Association Football League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bergundy View Post
    ya dead right,its only one player and castlebar celtic B aren't pushing for promotion anyways,Its a joke!!last year they had a number of league games outstanding while the league was being played,this clowning around with fixtures isn't on!!!
    Are not pushing for promotion............ this is the cup Ron

If the league is been played then everyone has league games outstanding, what exactly is your argument here?

It is Mayo league decisions to pospone league games, they did it all last season even though the B team had no one really involved in the A squad.

Jokes on Mayo league then really

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    word is manager is keen to sign you up,and reckons you will. he understands why last year was a disaster in regards to team selection etc, but new gaffer has a strict policy, whoever trains-PLAYS,yeah great start to season but its very early days yet,

few new faces in the team this year(danger!!!!!, iarla reilly, james reapy, martin silky) talented bunch of lads,, lads who were playin 'B' team soccer last year that were more than capable of playing 'A' are now where they belong so a joyous season could be on the cards if things continue.
    I said that last year. Some of B team players showed a lack of ambition in not looking for a higher standard. Club made this argument a number of years back that the 1st team would suffer if they had a B team. They have been proven right.
    Where have Ronan Casey and Tricky gone?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sinabhuil View Post
    I said that last year. Some of B team players showed a lack of ambition in not looking for a higher standard. Club made this argument a number of years back that the 1st team would suffer if they had a B team. They have been proven right.
    Where have Ronan Casey and Tricky gone?
    the wherabouts of ronan is a mystery, as for tricky, he's flat out being a family man but he's been at our games this season supporting so would expect him to be back in the next month, good players to get back to add to the always improving squad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robben 11
    well im glad to see such coverage of comments about ballyheane and the result against erris on sat nite, only month ago majority of the site were writting them off altogether, three great wins ,maximum points from 3 games hope we can continue our great form...COME ON THE HEANE!!

Every year Ballyheane get off to a flyer only for the real Ballyheane to come true. What I mean by this is that they will do well against the big teams but could lose to a team that they should'nt. Its the same every year so I wont be suprised if they end up a distant mid table. But I have to say that the so called Super League is in serious danger. There is no way that any team irrespective of who they are or what division they are in should be loosing 14 nil. As I have said before how can things be right when a team from last year can allegally(spelling?) throw a game and get away with it and really only three or four teams can win any sort of a cup and now we have teams that get thrashed by this score-line? The Super League should be overhauled and made into a twelve team league with the top four teams from the premier into it because I'm certain that this is not the end of these sort of results

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    Quote:

Every year Ballyheane get off to a flyer only for the real Ballyheane to come true. What I mean by this is that they will do well against the big teams but could lose to a team that they should'nt. Its the same every year so I wont be suprised if they end up a distant mid table.
    By this logic Ballyheane should finish higher up the table as they have been winning games they normally wouldnt

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    By this logic Ballyheane should finish higher up the table as they have been winning games they normally wouldnt
    ya would agree, a top 5 finish surely !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Brobe V Celtic B is going ahead now, Eamon Crean as said above not on the Mayo panel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was wondering if there was any update on a league table with the results?i had been joint top before the other thread was closed-maybe i still am!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    As I said mid-table

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Season Ahead

As I said mid-table
    i think wel suprise a few teams this year be nice to get a good cup run, there will be some very interesting games over the summer, Manulla at home those dirty b*stards trying to relegate us last year by fielding a very weak team back fired and they ended up relagating straide and foxford which angered me even more,.. snugboro should have hit the drop with no disrespect to them..! Have the Mayo League done anything?? they probly are still unaware anything has happened.. then we'l have westport at home wel be trying to get 1 over on Bourky and these games im sure will be 90 mile an hour...! Celtic home and away is like a cup final every year... exciting times ahead....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Anyone read Kelly's Corner this week? S.R. was the centre of attention on this occasion.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    was wondering if there was any update on a league table with the results?i had been joint top before the other thread was closed-maybe i still am!!
    Sadly with all the commotion there was a little bit of an upheaval in matters and your now bottom and for no particular reason you have a points total of minus 16. Apologies about that. I'm sure you will recover.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robben 11
    well im glad to see such coverage of comments about ballyheane and the result against erris on sat nite, only month ago majority of the site were writting them off altogether, three great wins ,maximum points from 3 games hope we can continue our great form...COME ON THE HEANE!!

Every year Ballyheane get off to a flyer only for the real Ballyheane to come true. What I mean by this is that they will do well against the big teams but could lose to a team that they should'nt. Its the same every year so I wont be suprised if they end up a distant mid table. But I have to say that the so called Super League is in serious danger. There is no way that any team irrespective of who they are or what division they are in should be loosing 14 nil. As I have said before how can things be right when a team from last year can allegally(spelling?) throw a game and get away with it and really only three or four teams can win any sort of a cup and now we have teams that get thrashed by this score-line? The Super League should be overhauled and made into a twelve team league with the top four teams from the premier into it because I'm certain that this is not the end of these sort of results
    you can thank manulla for the problem that caused to imbarress snugboro
    its called hidden agenda

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As I said mid-table
    the reason ballyheane are a better side is self believe which was not there last year.
    while last year they just thought they were beter side,
    goes to show no one player makes a team only that players are a team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    Anyone read Kelly's Corner this week? S.R. was the centre of attention on this occasion.
    Can you elaborate TB - I'm not a CT man meself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robben 11 View Post
    i think wel suprise a few teams this year be nice to get a good cup run, there will be some very interesting games over the summer, Manulla at home those dirty b*stards trying to relegate us last year by fielding a very weak team back fired and they ended up relagating straide and foxford which angered me even more,.. snugboro should have hit the drop with no disrespect to them..! Have the Mayo League done anything?? they probly are still unaware anything has happened.. then we'l have westport at home wel be trying to get 1 over on Bourky and these games im sure will be 90 mile an hour...! Celtic home and away is like a cup final every year... exciting times ahead....
    I personally think it's a great thing that the pace is being set by the 'Heane and Ballina this year - it'll make paying a fiver to watch super league more worthwhile as all games will mean something. Hopefully the scenario described above won't re-occur.
    www.westportunited.com - Real Passion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnasher View Post
    Can you elaborate TB - I'm not a CT man meself.
    Basically, Mr S.R wants to play for Celtic and he is suspended from all grounds in Mayo, as everyone is aware. TK was covering a couple of scenarios that S.R should be allowed to sign and play but used the other point that the Mayo AFL should be firm and resolute concerning his suspension.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what did people make of the mayo game against the kilkenny league today?(for those of you present that is!!)it was a rediculous to have the game on at such an early time especially as all the mayo teams outside of the super league were playing at 11.but apparently the kilkenny league requested it so you can't lay blame with the mayo fa for that one.it was still an abysmal turnout of support(or lack of)from the super league teams,particularly seeing as the teams had no game today.mayo were probably the best team in the first half but in the second they really seemed void of any ideas when duffy was being marked so well-he didn't get a sniff for the day.there was no plan b at all.there was a complete lack of creativity form the midfield.the mayo midfield is made up of honest, hard working players but when it comes to a killer ball being played it theres no-one.i know that i might be a bit biased but is there no other players outside of the superleague(and of course either current mulranny or past mulranny players!!)that are capable of making the step up to the inter county team?i know that every team feels that they have a player or two capable of playing with the mayo team but are they ever really given a chance or does the manager ever go to check out the available talent thats at his disposal?i doubt it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was at the game and Mayo were the better over the first 40 mins. Gave away a very bad goal and were chasing the game after that and the creative spark that was needed was missing. In fairness to Mick Wallace, he is working with a group of players that wants to play for Mayo and can only pick from guys available to him that wants to play. Anyone listening to Jeremy Dee after the game on MWRFM would have a fair insight on the mechanics of the Mayo Oscar Traynor Cup squad. Why the best players don't play for their county/league? they are the guys that should be asked the question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    I was at the game and Mayo were the better over the first 40 mins. Gave away a very bad goal and were chasing the game after that and the creative spark that was needed was missing. In fairness to Mick Wallace, he is working with a group of players that wants to play for Mayo and can only pick from guys available to him that wants to play. Anyone listening to Jeremy Dee after the game on MWRFM would have a fair insight on the mechanics of the Mayo Oscar Traynor Cup squad. Why the best players don't play for their county/league? they are the guys that should be asked the question.
    thats true that hes working with the players that actually want to play for the team-apparantly there was only four players who turned up for training on the last session before the game on sunday.not the best preparation for any manager in fairness to him.but it still begs the question of whether players outside of the super league are even being looked at.at the end of the day the manager has to pick who he feels is the best and thats what hes there for and he can only work with who's willing to play for him.still feel that there are certainly a few players outside of the top flight more than capable of playing for the county team.whatever happened to trials for the team??

Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast