Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2286

Thread: Mayo Association Football League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Not yet has a ball been kicked in the Mayo League but they have banned the new Snugboro Manager for two months and fined the club €200 for nothing!! Bitter Bitter man!!! Sad when this is how you get your kicks!!!!! Sad sad sad sad sad!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    Not yet has a ball been kicked in the Mayo League but they have banned the new Snugboro Manager for two months and fined the club €200 for nothing!! Bitter Bitter man!!! Sad when this is how you get your kicks!!!!! Sad sad sad sad sad!!!
    For what

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    deducted 3 points as well i think. chairman is a joke of a man that is going to ruin the game in Mayo if he doesnt kop on to himself with all these fines for nothing. clubs just cant afford to pay these stupid little fines anymore and more teams will have to pull out of the league if this sort of stuff just keeps happening. clubs just dont have the money anymore.
    Chairman should just get over his grudge with the boro just because he was sacked a few years ago as manager. very petty man who needs to grow up

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    The mayo league need to stamp out these unauthorised matches of players not signed to any club playing each other on private astro pitches before somebody gets hurt. 3 point deductions for anyone who plays football between October and April I say.
    Mayo
    Unauthorised
    Preseason
    Prevention
    Enforcement
    Team.
    If only they had an abbreviation.....
    Last edited by Closed Account; 25/02/2012 at 2:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    What if these unaffiliated players sign for a club before the season starts ................ does the points deductions follow them???? do we need to inform the ML each time we have a training game where players are unregistered and finally are we supposed to aquire full knowledge of personel employed to oversee astro pitches and other training facilities and assertain their affiliation to all sporting bodies???, wow its almost not worth the bother anymore ... actually scratch that, 2 years ago I decided it wasnt and have had peace of mind since. The lunatics are running the asylum and have been for some time now and everyone just accepts it..... For shame..... for shame

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Back n the game View Post
    What if these unaffiliated players sign for a club before the season starts ................ does the points deductions follow them???? do we need to inform the ML each time we have a training game where players are unregistered and finally are we supposed to aquire full knowledge of personel employed to oversee astro pitches and other training facilities and assertain their affiliation to all sporting bodies???, wow its almost not worth the bother anymore ... actually scratch that, 2 years ago I decided it wasnt and have had peace of mind since. The lunatics are running the asylum and have been for some time now and everyone just accepts it..... For shame..... for shame
    Its all very well giving out about these things but when attempts have been made to highlight and address these problems ,the people/groups involved have received very Little support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rava View Post
    Its all very well giving out about these things but when attempts have been made to highlight and address these problems ,the people/groups involved have received very Little support.
    Couldnt agree more, I have attended meetings in the tf and nothing ever happened and the orgainsers got little if no support, found myself at a few disciplinery meetings been spoken to like a child and had no support only to be told its of your own doing. So sorry boro n newport ...... here's ur canoe go paddle it yourself

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Lads, there is a table quiz for Mayo League soccer clubs on Monday night (27th) in Welcome Inn Castlebar. Should be a bit of craic. Try to organise a team if you can. Top 4 teams get a few pints (44-176).
    More detail here:
    http://www.snugboro.com/news/108323/
    Postponed for a couple of weeks

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what happened newport? what did snugboro do wrong?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    From what I heard, Snugboro and Newport played a friendly and did not tell the Mayo League about it and also got a referee who is banned to ref it.
    The rules state that all clubs must inform the Mayo League if they want to play a friendly so they can appoint a referee and so that teams will be covered by the insurance.
    All players involved in the match must be registered with the league aswell!
    so i dont see what any of the teams involved can be arguing about??
    Last edited by oneceltic; 28/02/2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: extra word

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Fair enough then give them a slap on wrists, don't chop their heads off!!!!!.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    If players from Mayo are not registered with Clubs or the league, how come they can still compete in external competitions? FAI junior Cup & Connaught Cup. or are u deemed registered until you exit such competitions.

Why should the league be appointing referee's for friendlies anyway. Surely if 2 Clubs agree. But using a banned ref is different. If a player gets injured it would be the Clubs own insurance that covers costs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! U17 friendly

Hi lads. Looking for an U17 friendly for Saturday afternoon. We will travel if any clubs available.
    The Blue Moon is shining on the world tonight!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe I am being over simplistic.

But what is to stop both sides say that this game was just a kick around between two gangs of mates that another mate kindly agreed to referee.

Surely the Mayo League can't fine a club if a kick around occurs on their pitch..??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Badker, players playing in external competitions now are still registered from last season. I don't know the reason as to why the league have to be informed of any friendlies, its just a rule!

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Maybe I am being over simplistic.

But what is to stop both sides say that this game was just a kick around between two gangs of mates that another mate kindly agreed to referee.

Surely the Mayo League can't fine a club if a kick around occurs on their pitch..??
    That's what I can't get my head around either. Sure, a 90 minute game before the season starts with two teams of 11 and an ref with cards etc, the Mayo League need to be notified.

But this was a 60 minute game with one team wearing bibs, the guy who reffed it works at the astro. Some of the players on either side have never played for either side before, some are still registered with other clubs. Rolling subs, we played with 10 for a while. I just can't see how anyone can prove this was more than just a training session. That's how we treated it anyway.

We paid for the astro like any group of people would. It's our right as individuals to play a game of football amongst ourselves and I can't see how anyone can stop us. It was Newports 3rd friendly kickabout as I don't see why they should be stopped.
    Last edited by Closed Account; 29/02/2012 at 2:31 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    at the end of the day, theres only 1 reason why the punishment was the way it was and its because of 1 man. hes ruining the game in mayo and will completely destroy it if he continues the way he is going. hes taking the fun out of playing football in this county.
    this fella has to get over his problem with the boro and move on. h
    feel sorry for newport to be dragged into it as well.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    That's what I can't get my head around either. Sure, a 90 minute game before the season starts with two teams of 11 and an ref with cards etc, the Mayo League need to be notified.

But this was a 60 minute game with one team wearing bibs, the guy who reffed it works at the astro. Some of the players on either side have never played for either side before, some are still registered with other clubs. Rolling subs, we played with 10 for a while. I just can't see how anyone can prove this was more than just a training session. That's how we treated it anyway.

We paid for the astro like any group of people would. It's our right as individuals to play a game of football amongst ourselves and I can't see how anyone can stop us. It was Newports 3rd friendly kickabout as I don't see why they should be stopped.
    If it was played on the astro in Celtic I dont think the league have a leg to stand on. Firstly its not a insurance issue because celtics insurance covers the astro turf not the Mayo League and secondly the league have no rights over any group of players or someone they ask to ref when they play on a private astro turf. If either team appeals to Connaught on this it will be thrown out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I wouldnt worry too much about the ruling now. Connaught F.A are well aware of the "splinter" group emerging in this county and will be only too happy to put jack back in his box. Mr Chairman has allowed himself to sit on ALL disiplinary committees involving Snugboro....isnt that ironic, and at all of these has dished out BANS AND FINES!!! So his statement in the connaught yesterday that his decision to sit on the disiplinary committee had no bearing on his involvment in the club is false. Why does he always sit on these committees involving Snugboro?????
    Why is he allowed to sit on them as a former member of a club? In a court of law a jury has to 100% neutral. Not in the Mayo league! Why has his outcomes always resulted in Bans and fines??
    If you go to the Mayo league website , [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]John D, Gerry S, Tom M are all listed as the disiplinary committee!!!! There is no mention of Mr Chairman!!!!! So what was he doing on past committees involving Snugboro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS![/FONT][/SIZE] !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I assume this is currently in appeal?

From what I can gather The M.L. have made a bit of a mess of this affair, or are there some facts missing.

Where was the match played?

If this is not appealed more fool the teams who got fined.