Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Association Football League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsbear View Post
    Sadly with all the commotion there was a little bit of an upheaval in matters and your now bottom and for no particular reason you have a points total of minus 16. Apologies about that. I'm sure you will recover.
    bugger!still at least i still have the rest of the season to try and amass a respectable enough amount of points!or continue to get most of them wrong and finish a very distant last!!hope theres no relegation in that league??!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    There's a separate thread for Westaro Cup -07
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 01/05/2007 at 1:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    thats true that hes working with the players that actually want to play for the team-apparantly there was only four players who turned up for training on the last session before the game on sunday.not the best preparation for any manager in fairness to him.but it still begs the question of whether players outside of the super league are even being looked at.at the end of the day the manager has to pick who he feels is the best and thats what hes there for and he can only work with who's willing to play for him.still feel that there are certainly a few players outside of the top flight more than capable of playing for the county team.whatever happened to trials for the team??
    Lads having said all this is there actually open trials for the oscar traynor cup team?Can clubs send players???? or does it come down to the success of your team in the super league?
    your only as good as your last game............................don't be lyn to yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oscar Traynor Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bergundy View Post
    Lads having said all this is there actually open trials for the oscar traynor cup team?Can clubs send players???? or does it come down to the success of your team in the super league?
    As far as I know the manager just picked a large squad of players he was interested in looking at at the start of the season and then whittled it down a bit. There have been some new inclusions along the way but no actual trials, where, say, clubs could send a couple of players each whom they think may be up to the standard. It's a pity, because I know there are a couple of our lads who are more than good enough and I think the same can be said for most clubs in the lower divisions. Unfortunately they don't get the chance to showcase their talents though, and Mick Wallace hasn't a notion to go to lots of Premier or first division matches to have a look at them. I think it would be a great idea for him to have a separate trial (or trials) for the teams of the three lower divisions, two or three players per club, just in the name of equality. He might be surprised at the players he unearths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    As far as I know the manager just picked a large squad of players he was interested in looking at at the start of the season and then whittled it down a bit. There have been some new inclusions along the way but no actual trials, where, say, clubs could send a couple of players each whom they think may be up to the standard. It's a pity, because I know there are a couple of our lads who are more than good enough and I think the same can be said for most clubs in the lower divisions. Unfortunately they don't get the chance to showcase their talents though, and Mick Wallace hasn't a notion to go to lots of Premier or first division matches to have a look at them. I think it would be a great idea for him to have a separate trial (or trials) for the teams of the three lower divisions, two or three players per club, just in the name of equality. He might be surprised at the players he unearths.
    Good point there Fahy, there are a few players in the lower divisions which could make the 1st team if not then be very strong squad players.
    Young lad who plays up front for Bangor is a right handful, only 1 of many players who come to mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishyop View Post
    Good point there Fahy, there are a few players in the lower divisions which could make the 1st team if not then be very strong squad players.
    Young lad who plays up front for Bangor is a right handful, only 1 of many players who come to mind
    Mikie Sweeney of bangor hibs - good smart player!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I see Mr McGrath was at it again at the Ballyglass Manulla match at the weekend telling the Ballyglass manager to stop smoking on the sideline as it was in the workplace!!. Power trip or what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I see Mr McGrath was at it again at the Ballyglass Manulla match at the weekend telling the Ballyglass manager to stop smoking on the sideline as it was in the workplace!!. Power trip or what.
    Ur kidding me!!! Aye, I was up at the FAS V SLigo Rovers match there 2 weeks back and he is a real general!!!
    But in fairness I would prefer that as opposed to some of the other "referees" out there!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

refereeing, ie mcgrath

in my opinion, the best refs are the ones that apply the most common sense to a game, and sadly, mcgrath is seriously lacking in this department.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My opinion

A good ref.Sound Man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    He gave a straight red card tonight to an S+f keeper who handeled the ball outside the box. The sad fact is ............ it was under 14s
    In fairness at least he applys the rules of the games which cant be a bad thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yellowmonkey View Post
    He gave a straight red card tonight to an S+f keeper who handeled the ball outside the box. The sad fact is ............ it was under 14s
    it would be the same rules u/14 as l.o.i.!!!!!!!!! the problem here is the rest of m.l. ref's would give a yellow card & a free
    Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post
    it would be the same rules u/14 as l.o.i.!!!!!!!!! the problem here is the rest of m.l. ref's would give a yellow card & a free
    dont particularly see that as a problem.the aforementioned mr mcgrath (as he'd probably like to be called,or possibly sir??!!) has not got one iota of common sense whatsoever.hes a complete control freak and i think he sees a game being more about himself than about the teams involved.fair enough you need a strong ref in the middle of the pitch but you cant even talk to him to see why he gave a free-kick,etc for fear of being booked!he really could do with a spot of cop on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    i completely agree with fahy on this one.maybe the idea of even having a few divisional trials before naming the mayo squads would be a bit of a help and then whittle players down from there.from our own clubs point of view gary goggins in definitely well fit for a place on at least a mayo squad.personally i think that he could have been somebody that could have provided that bit of creative spark that was missing in last sundays game.but tis just my humble opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    I was at the game and Mayo were the better over the first 40 mins. Gave away a very bad goal and were chasing the game after that and the creative spark that was needed was missing. In fairness to Mick Wallace, he is working with a group of players that wants to play for Mayo and can only pick from guys available to him that wants to play. Anyone listening to Jeremy Dee after the game on MWRFM would have a fair insight on the mechanics of the Mayo Oscar Traynor Cup squad. Why the best players don't play for their county/league? they are the guys that should be asked the question.
    Any info on Kilkenny?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

aib cup

sure while i'm logged on i might as well ask-does anybody know what the craic is with the aib cup draw for the first round?whens it on?will the games be played on the 13th of may or do we have the weekend off??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
    in my opinion, the best refs are the ones that apply the most common sense to a game, and sadly, mcgrath is seriously lacking in this department.
    What more can expect from a school teacher,likes to point the finger.is a side line not an open area or may be there a roof over the ground!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowmonkey View Post
    its one of the laws of the game and the 15th law is common sense!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Whos Got their tickets!!! Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
    http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/events/...t-details.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magpies View Post
    Any info on Kilkenny?
    Big, direct side that are defensively compact. Tactically competent and a good but not outstanding team.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast