Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cheer up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Cheer up!

We'r in the quarter final of the cup on Saturday, against a team we have a chance of beating!

And "One F in Longford" should be out as well

We should all make it our goal to get 2 or 3 extra heads out to Flancare!

And seeing it's my first game in ages Section O better be buzzing! So everyone drunk please with lots of flags!

P.S. Try and keep this Town forum busy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keen2win View Post
    Section O better be buzzing!
    Have you been in Section O within the last 2 years?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Have you been in Section O within the last 2 years?
    Yes...

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    well at least keen2win is trying.. I am in a state of depression since the monaghan utd loss and harps loss. but hey its a new week and you never know in the cup ..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes it is the cup and yes we have a chance, sure were underdogs, but thats always the way with us...I have 5 lapsed fans returning and can't wait.
    Gareth Conins Red and Black Army, LTFC!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    I fancy us to take this, the Cup always gives us a bit of a lift...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    I fancy us to take this, the Cup always gives us a bit of a lift...
    Our boys will be absolutely flying after beating Bohs last weekend, they'll be only dying to get back out on the pitch i reckon.

How much is it in by the way ?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The manager's not too impressed with a few of our players. Haven't been able to make the last couple of games, who are the likely candidates?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2466/
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The manager's not too impressed with a few of our players. Haven't been able to make the last couple of games, who are the likely candidates?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2466/
    tom king hasnt being playin well the last few weeks.. Danny O'Leary has being very shaky in goals..Liam Lynch hasnt being his usual self since he scored the hattrick.. theres too many players not pulling their weight.. I dont know for the life of me why Ray Kennys still playing.. Derek Glynn you know my opinions on the man.. the only players that i think have played well are Stephen Gough and Adrian Murphy.. Jordan McMillan has being ok in patches..

I sincerely hope there will be a massive improvement on Saturday.. did anyone see the piece in the star today that Gareth Cronin got fined by the FAI for allegedly illegally approaching a player from waterford utd David Grincell when Cronin first got the town job.. the timings not the best with the cup match coming up...

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Didn't see that about Cronin, no. Seems a strange one, he'd know he was under contract unless he was on to him about next year or something?. Ray Kenny is only there because we've nobody else I imagine. He was one of the ones Cronin was looking to get rid off when he came in apparently he and Sheridan were top of the hit list. Maybe there'll be a response to hs comments on Saturday, we live in hope!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    a bit of reverse psychology does wonders as the players seem to have being holding back the last two games.. we will know on saturday whether the players will be wound up by Cronins comments...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    not easy been Clay Davis id say. Those people looking to put you away wanna remember who got them there in the first place..
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Ol' Clay is gonna stand tall on this one, don't you worry about that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    [QUOTE=Martinho II;1228021]tom king hasnt being playin well the last few weeks.. Danny O'Leary has being very shaky in goals..Liam Lynch hasnt being his usual self since he scored the hattrick.. theres too many players not pulling their weight.. I dont know for the life of me why Ray Kennys still playing.. Derek Glynn you know my opinions on the man.. the only players that i think have played well are Stephen Gough and Adrian Murphy.. Jordan McMillan has being ok in patches..QUOTE]

Wouldn't agree with you there Marty. Tom King has been head and shoulders clear as our player of the year in my opinion. He's now being played out of position on the wing with first McMillan and then Kenny proving close to useless in his absence as well as offering the lad nothing going forward.
    Danny O’Leary hasn’t been spectacular in goals but I wouldn’t say he’s been very shaky. Most of our goals conceded are coming because of our poor back 4. King excluded when he’s used there.
    I’m afraid I’ll disagree with you again on those you say are playing well. Gough, no, not playing well. Murphy has been ok but again he’s been asked to do too much defensive work to cover for poor players behind him. McMillan was ok against Finn Harps but was shocking bad against Monaghan.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Id have to disagree with meself & state that King has been brilliant in goals since the house went off the market. Kenny is reliable if unreliable. His goal against nobody rose the roof that night if ye remember. Up front we may as well have 2 lamas cos thats where were headin, Africa.
    The gaffer has his work cut out thats for sure, if he wants to ever appear at any of the matches thats fine by me. McCarthy is a legend & will be in La Liga next year trust me.
    A man once told me that if i didnt pay him the money i owed him i wouldnt see the next dawn. I paid him & saw not only the next dawn but the following 4 dawns after it. You tell me who had the last laugh.
    faiiiugphqghq99gh997t2h
    I just sit down at the typewriter & start hittin the keys, just hittin the keys. Getting them in the right order though thats the trick, thats the trick.

Garth Merenghi

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Coloured View Post
    Id have to disagree with meself & state that King has been brilliant in goals since the house went off the market. Kenny is reliable if unreliable. His goal against nobody rose the roof that night if ye remember. Up front we may as well have 2 lamas cos thats where were headin, Africa.
    The gaffer has his work cut out thats for sure, if he wants to ever appear at any of the matches thats fine by me. McCarthy is a legend & will be in La Liga next year trust me.
    A man once told me that if i didnt pay him the money i owed him i wouldnt see the next dawn. I paid him & saw not only the next dawn but the following 4 dawns after it. You tell me who had the last laugh.
    faiiiugphqghq99gh997t2h
    What HE hinted at...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts

Red face

[QUOTE=sorbothegreek;1228116][QUOTE=Martinho II;1228021]tom king hasnt being playin well the last few weeks.. Danny O'Leary has being very shaky in goals..Liam Lynch hasnt being his usual self since he scored the hattrick.. theres too many players not pulling their weight.. I dont know for the life of me why Ray Kennys still playing.. Derek Glynn you know my opinions on the man.. the only players that i think have played well are Stephen Gough and Adrian Murphy.. Jordan McMillan has being ok in patches..QUOTE]

Wouldn't agree with you there Marty. Tom King has been head and shoulders clear as our player of the year in my opinion. He's now being played out of position on the wing with first McMillan and then Kenny proving close to useless in his absence as well as offering the lad nothing going forward.
    Danny O’Leary hasn’t been spectacular in goals but I wouldn’t say he’s been very shaky. Most of our goals conceded are coming because of our poor back 4. King excluded when he’s used there.

shows what I know about football eh? I am basing the assumption over the last two games.. Tom King would be my player of the year.. you raised a good point about Adrian Murphy he does be in defence too often for my own liking.. all those losses over the last two games are effecting my judgment!!
    ]