Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Referees

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Referees

Aaaaggggh!!!!

I needed to get that out of my system after witnessing another inept refereeing performance. At least we got out of it with a 2-2 draw and there were positives with another excellent display by Philly Hughes, Christy Doran put in a great shift and it was great to see Orrin Farrell get his first goal but what was the referee Sean Grant at tonight? Long's sending off was ridiculous although to be fair to the ref he could no help from his equally as bad assistants.

7 seven yellow cards to Kildare and one to Athlone certainly didn't make sense in a game with hardly a bad tackle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Not only that. He was inconsistent. He clearly adjudged the Athlone lad to dive in the penalty area and was unpunished. But then booked Doran for diving later in the match. I'm not one to ever complain about referees. But the last two matches take the biscuit. Two yellow cards but not a red. Booking and then sending off the wrong player. Foul 5 yards inside the penalty area and a free kick given at the edge of the box. Worst thing is that we have to pay the refs !!!