Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Waterford

  1. #1
    Seasoned Pro ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    169
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    673
    Thanked in
    461 Posts

    Waterford

    Although Wexford had the chances to win the match late on, happy enough with the point from the match tonight. Wexford played againjst the wind in the first half and soon switched from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 with Sheahan up front on his own and Wexford happy to concede space to the Blues who were limited to shots from outside the box. Packie did well to push one well-struck one away and Wexford didn't worry Devine in goal for Waterford. Wexford looked vulnerable down our left with Shane Sinnott playing in front of Gareth McCurtain. Thought JFOC was badly missed.

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pro ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    169
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    673
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Waterford pushed hard in the second without creating too many chances although one forward miskicked from about ten yards out when the ball dropped to him suddenly. Youths first chance of the match came on 75 minutes when Breener's header from Sinny's cross was pushed away one-handed by Devine. Five minutes later, Jimmy Keohane let a throw-in run across him and hit a left-footed smasher from twenty yards against the inside of the bar/post but it bounced just outside the line with Devine rooted. JUst on the blow, Gary created a typical chance by getting to the ball just before the defender, left him for dead with his pace and had a clear run on Devine. But his last touch was a bit heavy and Devine smothered his shot. Otherwise, Waterford had most of the pressure without worrying Packie too much in the second. About 700 there I would say.

  3. #3
    Seasoned Pro ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    169
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    673
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Bellavistaman, Breener and Holden have been excellent for us this year and have given us the experience we need in defence. Sinnott is still with us and basically runs the show creatively. Plays sometimes out wide where he is less effective in my view. Needs only an extra yard of pace to play top half of premier league. Waterford had one classy centre-half (Cummins (?)) tonight while their two right sided players caused a lot of problems against us.

  4. #4
    Reserves blue til i die's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    965
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Waterford had one classy centre-half (Cummins (?)) tonight while their two right sided players caused a lot of problems against us.
    Class centre half was kenny browne, he's miles above anyone in the league. Carey and Walsh caused all the problems down our right in the first half.
    Breener had a decent game, won a lot of headers tonight, packie didnt have much to do.

    We were lucky to get a point out of the game, thought our passing was terrible. Ye put a lot of men behind the ball and we couldnt break ye down. devine's save at the end was pretty good, no chance of saving the one which hit the bar though.

    Thought your guy up front, Keohane?? had a good game too.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

  5. #5
    Youth Team Darkglasses's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Yeah that was Keohane, just back from a trial at Wolves

  6. #6
    Apprentice adamski8's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    great week for the youths,way too many balls hoofed forward when no pressure was on them in the waterford and shelbourne game. god sheehan just never stops running!!!! thank god we have strikers now this season!
    draw was fair tonight but youths reallyt should have more of the ball at home.
    im liking sinnott on the wing to be honest. i think when he gets the ball he usually heads for the wings himself leaving gaps in the center and other lads can do the grafting there instead and this means we dont have to field useless(wont mention names) wingers we've had to play before! Or sinnott would pass it to someone on the wings and they would waste it. hope he stays there.

  7. #7
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Here. Or there.
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    158
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Lads and lasses, I couldn't make it to the game in the end, was on the way and all and had to turn round for an emergency, which I think is alright now thank feck!

    Would greatly appreciate any further info for a skeletal report for our site, such as line-ups (incl benches), who it was that missed our chance from 10 yards, and any cards you might recall. Ta muchly!
    more bass

  8. #8
    Reserves Youths4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    958
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamski8 View Post
    im liking sinnott on the wing to be honest. i think when he gets the ball he usually heads for the wings himself leaving gaps in the center and other lads can do the grafting there instead and this means we dont have to field useless(wont mention names) wingers we've had to play before! Or sinnott would pass it to someone on the wings and they would waste it. hope he stays there.
    Sorry have to disagree since Sinnott has moved onto wing he has been very poor we are talking about a player who has made the first division team of the year for the last two years so forgive me for thinking his strength lies at playing in the middle and from his body language he seems to get very furastered out on the wing he is not as creative out there and loses a large amount of ball
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

  9. #9
    Reserves Youths4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    958
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    Lads and lasses, I couldn't make it to the game in the end, was on the way and all and had to turn round for an emergency, which I think is alright now thank feck!

    Would greatly appreciate any further info for a skeletal report for our site, such as line-ups (incl benches), who it was that missed our chance from 10 yards, and any cards you might recall. Ta muchly!
    Hi there is a report here but it is missing the Waterford subs not used maybe someone on your end could help you out there be warned though it is a report with a difference
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

  10. #10
    Reserves blue til i die's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    965
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Warren, vinny and joe mulcahy came on, fitzy and burns didnt. Mulcahy for Waters, warren on for long, vinny on for wjk.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

  11. #11
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Here. Or there.
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    158
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Thanks a mill Y4E and btid, got something up now that'll do grand.
    Never need to explain away a Brian de Salvo piece Y4E, one of the league's treasures, you're most fortunate to have him on board!
    Last edited by stann; 06/09/2009 at 11:42 PM.
    more bass

  12. #12
    Reserves Youths4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    958
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    Thanks a mill Y4E and btid, got something up now that'll do grand.
    Never need to explain away a Brian de Salvo piece Y4E, one of the league's treasures, you're most fortunate to have him on board!
    Yeah I know Brian has been a great asset to the club this year and has even taken over editing our program for us making it much more of a success. the only reason I mentioned it was some people find the reports a little strange but personally I love them
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

  13. #13
    Apprentice adamski8's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    Sorry have to disagree since Sinnott has moved onto wing he has been very poor we are talking about a player who has made the first division team of the year for the last two years so forgive me for thinking his strength lies at playing in the middle and from his body language he seems to get very furastered out on the wing he is not as creative out there and loses a large amount of ball
    Well to be honest he isnt playing as good this season as the last two! who would you rather on the wing?? wasnt he playing in the center(also i know he was on hols) when we were on a terrible losing streak? and now he's been playing on the wing when we got a win against shelbourne and draw with waterford, which are good results! the managment arent putting him there for no reason. im not saying the right is where he should be forever and would have to see him there more to really know if he should stay there

  14. #14
    Reserves Youths4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    958
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamski8 View Post
    Well to be honest he isnt playing as good this season as the last two! who would you rather on the wing?? wasnt he playing in the center(also i know he was on hols) when we were on a terrible losing streak? and now he's been playing on the wing when we got a win against shelbourne and draw with waterford, which are good results! the managment arent putting him there for no reason. im not saying the right is where he should be forever and would have to see him there more to really know if he should stay there
    during the bad run we were on and when not away on holidays Conor was playing was part of rotating midfield with Dempseny and Malone and none of them played well. At the moment it looks like one of Conor Dempseny and Malone is being accomadated rather then drop one.

    We have good young wingers in Vickers, Rossister and Aust who deserve their chance. In the games you basing fact he playing well on where when Wexford played a flat 4-4-2 in comparison with the three players mentioned rotating. In Shelbourne Conor was the worse player on the night for Wexford and lost a lot of ball against Waterford lucky not to be sent off along with the Waterford player in the second half and having a serious go at each other on the edge of the Wexford box (I missed gary's chance watching it). I know you will probably says shows passion but was it passion or frustation at being played out of position.
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Similar Threads

  1. Waterford
    By ForzaForth in forum Wexford FC
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09/07/2017, 1:29 PM
  2. Waterford
    By ForzaForth in forum Wexford FC
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18/03/2015, 9:30 AM
  3. Waterford bus
    By Monkfish in forum Limerick
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/04/2010, 12:10 AM
  4. Waterford
    By Lamper.sffc in forum Sporting Fingal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29/08/2009, 8:27 PM
  5. Bus to Waterford
    By Colm in forum Cork City
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15/10/2004, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •