Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: David O'Riordan gone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

David O'Riordan gone

Buried in the middle of the Athlone match preview on our site is the little nugget of information that top scorer O'Riordan has left the panel.

http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/?p=1954

With Barret on 3 goals, and O'Riordan on 5 both gone, Philly Hughes with a massive two goals has now scored more goals than anyone else on the current Kildare County squad this season.

We need to win games, but with nobody scoring goals I don't think that that's possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davidatrb View Post
    Buried in the middle of the Athlone match preview on our site is the little nugget of information that top scorer O'Riordan has left the panel.

http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/?p=1954

With Barret on 3 goals, and O'Riordan on 5 both gone, Philly Hughes with a massive two goals has now scored more goals than anyone else on the current Kildare County squad this season.

We need to win games, but with nobody scoring goals I don't think that that's possible.
    Not only was he our top scorer but he is the only player to score for us in Station Road this season but I heard that just like Matt Byrne who has also left the squad, his dedication to training left a lot to be desired, which is a pity because both are good, young, local players with plenty of talent but unfortunately talent alone isn't enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
    Not only was he our top scorer but he is the only player to score for us in Station Road this season but I heard that just like Matt Byrne who has also left the squad, his dedication to training left a lot to be desired, which is a pity because both are good, young, local players with plenty of talent but unfortunately talent alone isn't enough.
    To be honest, part of me doesnt blame them. Matty Byrne is just starting 6th year in school this year for one, maybe that could have influenced his decision, i know that happened with Eoin Powderly last season. Also playing for County must get very frustrating at times, it requires a lot of dedication and professionalism and they aren't even getting paid for it, maybe it would make more sense to them to play for Newbridge Town or another local side where they can relax that bit more.
    Cmon County!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildare Lad View Post
    To be honest, part of me doesnt blame them. Matty Byrne is just starting 6th year in school this year for one, maybe that could have influenced his decision, i know that happened with Eoin Powderly last season. Also playing for County must get very frustrating at times, it requires a lot of dedication and professionalism and they aren't even getting paid for it, maybe it would make more sense to them to play for Newbridge Town or another local side where they can relax that bit more.

Yeah but that is the reason that we don't have many local players in the squad. It's very sad to see two local young players like that slip out of league football. These are the kind of players that we need to keep. It's just a pity that they can't reach the level of dedication needed for whatever reason.