Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refs looking for Pay Rise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Refs looking for Pay Rise

lads what ye think they get 50e a game most of them are poor and there looking for more money what a joke if they strike why dont we just not turn up for games also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the dazzler View Post
    lads what ye think they get 50e a game most of them are poor and there looking for more money what a joke if they strike why dont we just not turn up for games also
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think they deserve it honestly,watching a few games recently and the abuse i saw the ref get was uncalled for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    If this is true, it just about sums up the majority of ref's in limerick. a lot of clubs finding it hard to even pay the current fees, a lot of players getting P45's every week and the only group actually getting paid are looking for more..SHAME ON YOU...If any ref would like to comment, they would be more than welcome..
    sick of narcissists.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the dazzler View Post
    There looking for another pay rise? Didnt they just get one? I have no problem with them getting paid fairly but what about the ones who stand in the centre circle and make there dicisions from there. They're the ones who dont deserve to be paid.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dared View Post
    There looking for another pay rise? Didnt they just get one? I have no problem with them getting paid fairly but what about the ones who stand in the centre circle and make there dicisions from there. They're the ones who dont deserve to be paid.
    shockin thing is.. they'l probably get whatever they ask for, cos they'l hold the entire league to ransom by striking!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not sure it is fair to tar all refs with one brush. Most work very hard and are very good. I think what refs are looking for is equality with other refs across the country who are getting paid more per game. Of course, I would agree that the recession should play a big part in any such talk. Everyone is feeling the pinch, some more than others, and I would agree that this is not the time to be looking for fee increases. That said, the branch must act as it sees fit for all refs, in the spirit of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    how is holding the game too ransom "in the spirit of the game"
    sick of narcissists.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just a question, how much do you think a ref is worth?

Have you ever met a referee who did it because he/she enjoyed it and not because of the money?

I know of a referee who did not accept a fee because he said the pitch was unplayable - thats is in the sprit of the game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whistleblower View Post
    I'm not sure it is fair to tar all refs with one brush. Most work very hard and are very good. I think what refs are looking for is equality with other refs across the country who are getting paid more per game. Of course, I would agree that the recession should play a big part in any such talk. Everyone is feeling the pinch, some more than others, and I would agree that this is not the time to be looking for fee increases. That said, the branch must act as it sees fit for all refs, in the spirit of the game.
    Clubs are holding fundraisers just to keep up with your pay demands.
    Benchmarking is what shagged up this country and now you want to dig it up again.You are being well looked after between fees and travel expenses and clubs are being roasted for it in these tough times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You seem to have read the bits you chose to and ignored the true sense of my message - read it again - I am not for holding anyone for ransom, the reason I, and most other referees are in refereeing is to stay in the game, to give something to it. I for one do not agree with seeking a fee increase, and will say so, but my point is to highlight why the fees are an issue, and to state that not all refs should be seen to agree with this issue, but as a unit, we must agree to whatever the consensus is, as you would do in any walk of life or club matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Clubs are holding fundraisers just to keep up with your pay demands.
    Benchmarking is what shagged up this country and now you want to dig it up again.You are being well looked after between fees and travel expenses and clubs are being roasted for it in these tough times.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    If this is true, it just about sums up the majority of ref's in limerick. a lot of clubs finding it hard to even pay the current fees, a lot of players getting P45's every week and the only group actually getting paid are looking for more..SHAME ON YOU...If any ref would like to comment, they would be more than welcome..

agree,let them strike form a few weeks im sure when they start getting hit in the pocket they will come running back for their few quid,most of them are doing it as a second income so how dare they look for more when clubs are on their feet financially as it is

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just so you know, it's

€42 for a match outside Premier;
    €48 for a Premier match

If the ground is more than 25 miles for the city, we get, i think, €0.72c a mile - not a lot of money when you consider what we put up with and the amount of time spent.
    Its easy to shout abuse at the ref - how would you like it if he did it back?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    €32 per hour for Prem plus travel costs , min €18
    €28 per hour for games outside Prem plus travel costs , min €18.

Good rates in any job.
    As for travel expenses not everyone will get these for going to and from work.

Presuming that you are paying tax on this earning it is still a good hourly rate.
    I'll update this next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    k,o driscoll,m,kiely m weldon,t meagher f,o neill j curran you telling me they deserve a rise they dont even break a swet reffing a game

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeref View Post
    Just so you know, it's

€42 for a match outside Premier;
    €48 for a Premier match

not a lot of money when you consider what we put up with and the amount of time spent.
    I think it is a fair amount of money, and i think its the referee fault for what they have to put up with.
    If you make a bad decision hold your hand up and say sorry my mistake instead of trying to cover it up. You wil get alot more respect from players/managers.
    If a ref gets abuse from players or managers give one warning then after that take action ie yellow card and keep booking players for this for the rest of the game(this does not include a player coming up asking a ref what a decision was for). Eventually IF the players are smart enough it wil stop all this bitching and abuse.
    Last edited by referee; 03/09/2009 at 3:51 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    €32 per hour for Prem plus travel costs , min €18
    €28 per hour for games outside Prem plus travel costs , min €18.

Good rates in any job.
    As for travel expenses not everyone will get these for going to and from work.

Presuming that you are paying tax on this earning it is still a good hourly rate.
    You forget, who inspects the pitches, checks players gear, travels to and from games, writes the reports after these all take time.

Also when people go to work, it’s for eight hours so the travel time is negligible. If a referee lives in Herbertstown and has to travel to the city, he gets no more than the standard fee.

Each game takes up a half day for a referee, if I was to do two games, I leave my house at 9.15am and don't get home until between 4 - 4.30pm with no break (I'm moving from one pitch to another) for €84-€90.

Then I have to write reports, so it’s more like €11-€12 an hour.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by referee View Post
    I think it is a fair amount of money, and i think its the referee fault for what they have to put up with.
    If you make a bad decision hold your hand up and say sorry my mistake instead of trying to cover it up. You wil get alot more respect from players/managers.
    If a ref gets abuse from players or managers give one warning then after that take action ie yellow card and keep booking players for this for the rest of the game. Eventually IF the players are smart enough it wil stop all this bitching and abuse.
    How is it the referees fault?

In the past I've admitted my mistakes, it dosen't stop players having a go. Some clubs use it as a stick to have a go the next time they think you've made a mistake. A lot of players and managers don't know the Laws and this is what causes a lot of the problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by referee View Post
    If a ref gets abuse from players or managers give one warning then after that take action ie yellow card and keep booking players for this for the rest of the game(this does not include a player coming up asking a ref what a decision was for). Eventually IF the players are smart enough it wil stop all this bitching and abuse.
    The part in bold is insane, I've seen refs from schoolboy level up to league of ireland level that have done this and still gotten dogs abuse from managers, subs and supporters. Mistakes happen and they're very hard to accept whether the ref owns up or not. NOTHING will change this though.

The underlined part is a very good idea but needs to be ratified at national level, or at least applied for by the LDMC to be piloted in Limerick. And we all know how much those lads love change...
    Ha?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeref View Post
    How is it the referees fault?

In the past I've admitted my mistakes, it dosen't stop players having a go. Some clubs use it as a stick to have a go the next time they think you've made a mistake. A lot of players and managers don't know the Laws and this is what causes a lot of the problems.

This has nothing to do with the laws as you say,it is about their inability to get even a basic decision right that frustrates players and supporters.
    Very few refs handle situations without resorting to flashing cards.
    A lot of them would want to relax their attitudes as the uniform tends to go to their heads.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    The part in bold is insane, I've seen refs from schoolboy level up to league of ireland level that have done this and still gotten dogs abuse from managers, subs and supporters. Mistakes happen and they're very hard to accept whether the ref owns up or not. NOTHING will change this though.

The underlined part is a very good idea but needs to be ratified at national level, or at least applied for by the LDMC to be piloted in Limerick. And we all know how much those lads love change...
    The abuse will stop from players and managers if you keep booking them that is the only way to stop it. As for the suppoters nothing much can be done there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast