Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Watching the Cyprus match in Vancouver?

  1. #1
    Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    210
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

    Watching the Cyprus match in Vancouver?

    I can't seem to find a venue showing it. I looked it up on the Setanta website. Someone please help me. I'd be willing to take the train to Seattle to watch this.

    Is there anywhere online you can pay to get a good stream of the match? Cheers.

  2. #2
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Posts
    301
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    126
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Dunno man, flat out trying to find a place to watch it myself.
    "U've figured how to work the Google on the internet machine"

  3. #3
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York & Dublin
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    364
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    According to their online listings the game is available in the US on www.setanta-i.com on a pay-per-view basis for $14.99.

    I checked the Canadian listings and it is shown there also.

    If anyone has paid an annual subscription to Setanta-i then the game should be included as part of your annual package.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

  4. #4
    Apprentice Bluechip's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Head down Granville st. If i recall correctly There is a sports bar on the Right as you come from Robson, if theres no luck there then there's an Irish bar a little further down on the left they were showing Rugby the last time i was there. If you get to the best western, your gone too far.

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #5
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    16,378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,602
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,040
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    is setanta north america the same as setanta ireland i.e. owned by the same crowd?

    Im assuming its the same sentanta that beam into the pubs also? This is an online stream they provide i assume though?!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  7. #6
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York & Dublin
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    364
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    is setanta north america the same as setanta ireland i.e. owned by the same crowd?

    Im assuming its the same sentanta that beam into the pubs also? This is an online stream they provide i assume though?!

    Yes, owned by the same company. It's a bit like the Setanta Ireland situation - the North American companies survived the collapse of Setanta UK and retained the rights to show certain events in the US and Canada (e.g. GAA, English Premier League and some internationals). Alongside their regular TV channel they do have a PPV stream for pubs but this usually involves a mandatory cover charge for punters.

    For this game they are also streaming the game online on a PPV basis. If you have a good speed of internet connection the picture quality is excellent.

    I usually get Fat Pat Dolan and Paul Dempsey evert Saturday morning as they generally show the same game that is on Setanta Ireland.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

  8. #7
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Posts
    301
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    126
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
    Head down Granville st. If i recall correctly There is a sports bar on the Right as you come from Robson, if theres no luck there then there's an Irish bar a little further down on the left they were showing Rugby the last time i was there. If you get to the best western, your gone too far.
    the irish bar is doolins and they dont usually show PPV matches, I'm off work tomorrow so i'll be goin round and askin at various bars, will post up my progress.
    "U've figured how to work the Google on the internet machine"

  9. #8
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Posts
    301
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    126
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    prob not of much use but the 'G Sports Bar and Grill' @
    1208 Granville Street will be showin it on the sunday
    "U've figured how to work the Google on the internet machine"

  10. #9
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    152
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    According to their online listings the game is available in the US on www.setanta-i.com on a pay-per-view basis for $14.99.

    I checked the Canadian listings and it is shown there also.

    If anyone has paid an annual subscription to Setanta-i then the game should be included as part of your annual package.
    I'm in Toronto and used the www.setanta-i.com for one of the 6 nations games. It is far superior to what they had before that. the quality is excellent at full screen and if you plug your PC or Laptop into a big screen TV you get an excellent picture.

    I used to go downtown to one of several pubs showing Irish games but am going to plug my laptop into my TV happy to watch it on setanta-i.com.

    Having tryed all kinds of free streams in the past I'm more than happy to fork out the $15 to get good quality uninterrupted viewing.

    Good Luck.....

  11. #10
    Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    210
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I found a pub showing it, Murphys and Sons down on University Drive. I'd rather watch it online now as I've made arrangements to borrow someone's computer. I've looked all over the Setanta-I page and I can't find anything to verify that they are in fact showing the Ireland/Cyprus match live tomorrow. Can anyone help me? Cheers, I just really don't want to miss it.

  12. #11
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York & Dublin
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    364
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I've looked all over the Setanta-I page and I can't find anything to verify that they are in fact showing the Ireland/Cyprus match live tomorrow. Can anyone help me? Cheers, I just really don't want to miss it.
    If you go to the main www.setanta-i.com homepage there should be a series of tabs on the right-hand side of the screen [Latest] [Free Content] [Most Popular] [Pay Per View] [Search]

    When you click on [Pay Per View] there are a number of available options (Sunday's hurling final for example) but on the US version the Cyprus game is second from the left on the second line. There should be a button labeled [Buy]. Click on this and it should allow you to enter your details.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

  13. #12
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Posts
    301
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    126
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I found a pub showing it, Murphys and Sons down on University Drive. I'd rather watch it online now as I've made arrangements to borrow someone's computer. I've looked all over the Setanta-I page and I can't find anything to verify that they are in fact showing the Ireland/Cyprus match live tomorrow. Can anyone help me? Cheers, I just really don't want to miss it.
    thats Mahony & Sons and dey are $20 cover charge, was in dere once an they are like f**kin expensive ($9 for pint of smithwicks).
    "U've figured how to work the Google on the internet machine"

Similar Threads

  1. watching the match in new york
    By danonion in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14/11/2009, 12:29 AM
  2. Watching the Cyprus match in Istanbul...
    By DubJohn in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04/09/2009, 12:28 AM
  3. Exiles - Watching the match in Dublin
    By JackeenRebel in forum Cork City
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18/11/2005, 3:21 PM
  4. Watching an Ireland match
    By robbie-keane in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22/08/2005, 7:11 PM
  5. Watching Match in London
    By dosullivan in forum Ireland
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24/03/2005, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •