Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scully signs new deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Scully signs new deal?

Can anyone on here tell me is it true Scully has signed new deal with limerick? If he has what do people think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Can't comfirm it but if it's true I'm happy out. Stability is key.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    No official annoucement made (just yet)

Im surprised with certain posters on here that they havent broke the 'news' sooner though, you know, the know-it-all posters who come on here when theres big news or 'scandal'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    Can't comfirm it but if it's true I'm happy out. Stability is key.
    I agree with you 100% stability is the key. not sure if this can be done with Scully tho. Player turnover has been crazy this year. Scully has used 39 players this year already. he needs a settled team if we are gonna have any success. unfortunately through his man management has a lot left to be desired and I can only see constant ins and outs while scully is at the helm. I hope im wrong but can only judge on what ive seen so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balanced view View Post
    I agree with you 100% stability is the key. not sure if this can be done with Scully tho. Player turnover has been crazy this year. Scully has used 39 players this year already. he needs a settled team if we are gonna have any success. unfortunately through his man management has a lot left to be desired and I can only see constant ins and outs while scully is at the helm. I hope im wrong but can only judge on what ive seen so far.
    shur hes gonna wallk at the end of the season it'll be great if he has signed as stability is the key with other great things happening off the field. on player turnover, i think hes made one error with one player but the rest were down to natural wastage and players simply not being up for tru professionalism. Injuries have played a massive part in him using forty players (think M Sheehans sub appearance was left out). At any time during the season, Jamie Wounch, Paddy Purcell, Wayne Colbert, Yellow, Jason Hughes, John Tierney, Paul Cummins, have been injured and missed ten games plus upto now. Three players left for "family" reasons soon after making inroads.

Judge him on next year but i expect a challenge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    shur hes gonna wallk at the end of the season it'll be great if he has signed as stability is the key with other great things happening off the field. on player turnover, i think hes made one error with one player but the rest were down to natural wastage and players simply not being up for tru professionalism. Injuries have played a massive part in him using forty players (think M Sheehans sub appearance was left out). At any time during the season, Jamie Wounch, Paddy Purcell, Wayne Colbert, Yellow, Jason Hughes, John Tierney, Paul Cummins, have been injured and missed ten games plus upto now. Three players left for "family" reasons soon after making inroads.

I take everything you said on board gael but when did i say he is gonna walk at the end of the season. think you may have me confused with someone elde. yep hopefully next year we will have a settled squad and improve on our performances especially at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Hopefully we can get a proper pre-season sorted if he has signed. Can see a lot of people having their noses put out of joint next season with who he re-signs but Pat needs to build his own team and not be limited to Kerlys team half of who are crocked minus Garry Sheehan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balanced view View Post
    but when did i say he is gonna walk at the end of the season. .
    Dont think that was directed at you, more towards the lurkers who are waiting to pounce.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    really hope this is true.As you've all mentioned stability is the key for the off season.I reckon he's havin a good look at the players he has at the minute so expect to see players in and out of the first 11 for whats left of this season.It would be great to have an uncomplicated pre-season!
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    It would be great to have an uncomplicated pre-season!
    You mean a worry-free Christmas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two year deal
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/S...-as.5610743.jp

Published Date:
    02 September 2009
    By Brian McDonnell
    Sports Editor

Limerick FC have announced through club chairman Pat O'Sullivan that manager Pat Scully has signed a two-year deal with the club.
    Pat O'Sullivan said: "The club are delighted that Pat Scully has agreed a two-year deal. This gives the club stability with one of the top young managers in the country.
    "I and everyone running the club have been so impressed by the professionalism Pat Scully has brought to the club and we all feel he is the man to take this once great club back to where it belongs in the Premier Division".
    With the Super Blues looking as vulnerable as skittles lately supporters will welcome Mervue United to Jackman Park with open arms on Friday night (kick-off 7.45pm).
    Although the Galway men are certainly no pushovers Limerick FC fans will nourish their minds with the memory of the four-one thrashing the Super Blues handed to Mervue on April 13 last.
    In the second game of the season goals from Brian O'Callaghan, John Tierney, Jamie Wunsch and Paul Walsh (penalty) capped a great night at Jackman Park.
    That brilliant performance was reminiscent of the form which saw Limerick FC dominate the second half of last season, but since then the Super Blues' form has been mixed to say the least.
    Indeed, it was doubly disheartening on Friday night to see Limerick FC lose their tenth league game against UCD (1-2) at the Belfield Bowl while Kilcornan's Garry Sheehan smacked in two goals to beat Shelbourne at Tolka Park and give the Wexford Youths a priceless away win.
    The task of pinpointing the reason for Limerick's season petering out so badly has weakened many a stout heart.
    On May 22, for instance, Limerick FC drew 0-0 with UCD, but they should have beaten the Students that night at Jackman Park.
    Ironically enough Limerick followed that impressive display up with a one-nil defeat away to Mervue United, Alex Lee pounced for the winner in the 47th minute, and in the last 11 games the Super Blues have only managed to gather 10 points from the 33 on offer - during that period they have beaten Athlone, Wexford and Finn Harps, drawn with Kildare and lost to Mervue, Shelbourne, Monaghan, Waterford, Sporting Fingal, Longford Town and UCD. Pat Scully's side have also failed to keep a clean sheet in five games now since drawing nil-all away to Kildare County and shipped 13 goals in their last five outings. But what has really hamstrung Pat Scully's efforts to mould a winning team is squad instability and injury to key players.
    Inspirational club captain Pat Purcell has only managed to play a part in 10 league games this season while the club has also missed the promising Paul Cummins up front.
    The manager however has had to deal with an even more acute problem in that a startling number of players have pulled on the Super Blue jersey this season.
    Bobby Tier, for example, became the 39th player to turn out for Limerick FC this season against UCD on Friday night.
    For one reason or another Limerick FC have failed in their efforts to retain quality players this season with Tommy Barrett, Shane Clarke, Brian O'Callaghan and Paul Walsh the most notable individuals to withdraw their services in recent weeks.
    Only left-back Martin Deady has played in all 23 of Limerick's league games this season while the Limerick District League Premier Division is littered with players of League of Ireland quality.
    Last weekend Mervue United beat Athlone Town 3-1 in Ferrycarrig Park and will be more than eager to build on that form come Friday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Can anyone on here tell me is it true Scully has signed new deal with limerick? If he has what do people think?
    good news alright wonder did he get xtra wages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    No official annoucement made (just yet)

Im surprised with certain posters on here that they havent broke the 'news' sooner though, you know, the know-it-all posters who come on here when theres big news or 'scandal'.
    shut up monty will ya and enjoy the good news j**us...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post

semi professionalism more like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fire away View Post
    shut up monty will ya and enjoy the good news j**us...
    I enjoy everyday, hows the stewarding training course going?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the dazzler View Post
    good news alright wonder did he get xtra wages
    That depends on whether Danny Drew can afford them or not...after all he is bankrolling Scully to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    That depends on whether Danny Drew can afford them or not...after all he is bankrolling Scully to the best of my knowledge.
    *Lurker alert*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    That CROOK, how anyone would have him involved in a club is beyond my knowledge,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    that depends on whether danny drew can afford them or not...after all he is bankrolling scully to the best of my knowledge.
    lmao :d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    great news for the club,can't be bad to have a little consistency

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast