Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Miller

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Liam Miller

Brian Kerr has expressed concern over Miller not playing again this season. Most Celtic fans consider him a traitor now and it seems he'll be none to welcome at Parkhead when he recovers from injury. This along with the fact he is going to struggle to get first team football at United next season is a bit of a worry. Step up to the Irish team could be a long way away if this happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    ahh... poor Liam...

Not bitter at all, me.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You sleep in the bed you make.

Miller should not have left Celtic and the Celtic supporters have every right to not welcome him back into the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Best thing for all concerned would be for him to leave Parkhead now 'by mutual consent' and move to united who can start paying his wages, thereby saving Celtic a few bob. even if he's not eligible to play until the summer with united he won't be losing out, can't see him getting back on the Celtic first XI now.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    LOL, Pearson does exactly the same to join Celtic and he's a hero.... Sure Miller is a traitor who should never be allowed for Irelands second team now...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Miller was moving from any other team it would be a non story.

If he isn't playing regular first team football then he's no good for internationals.

only1kilbane
    poor kid gets slated for having some ambition ! celtic had there chance to get him to sign a new contract and didnt act swiftly enough the same happened with colin healy ! he will learn a lot more at united than he would in a two team league playing heavyweights such as partick thistle !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    he moved to a better team so what ? footballers do it all the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    LOL, Pearson does exactly the same to join Celtic and he's a hero....
    Wrong. Despite being a lifelong Celtic fan, Pearson went public in saying that he wanted Motherwell to command a fee for the investment in his career to date. Hence £350k changed hands, when indeed he could have signed a pre-contract agreement and joined us in the summer for nothing. Honourable behaviour under the circumstances on his part, and as we wanted to secure his services rather than play the Bosman lottery, we were happy to pay the price demanded by Motherwell.

Only four weeks before signing his PCA with ManUre, Miller was quoted as saying that he'd been a Celtic supporter all his life and didn't want to play for anyone else. Not four weeks later, he was sat beside Sir Awex telling everyone how he'd only ever supported two clubs. I think you know the rest.

PP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by only1kilbane
    he will learn a lot more at united than he would in a two team league playing heavyweights such as partick thistle !!!!
    As opposed to watching a two/three team league whilst playing the likes of Bolton reserves and Preston reserves. Yeah, right...

PP

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a disaster for the lad. Why he signed an agreement to stay for the season is beyond me. While i take an interest in Celtic's fortunes my main interest is in what benefits the Irish national team the most. Even if the transfer had been made in an "honouable" way it would still be a disaster with him playing a bit part role a la Bellion next season. As it stands it looks like setting his career back 2 years. That along with the amount of time he spends on the treatment table makes me fear he could be another one that got away.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Why, because he played so often for Celtic as it was? He's either good enough or not, and if Martin O'Neill OBE is so fúckin good, then why wasn't he signed up on a long term contract? Use the injury arguement and you're basically admitting that Glasgow Celtic weren't loyal enough to him either.

He's joining one of the biggest clubs in the world, Celtic aren't even in the same league (and not likely to be for some time yet )

only1kilbane
    why is everyone so convinced that he will be a regular in the united reserves ?

people like fletcher and phil neville have been given runs in the side because they have been performing !

the lad seems to have the confidence and the ability to match if not be a better player than these two for example !

after his performances for celtic he could still not command a regular spot so whats all the fuss ? he was hardly too young to be thrown in as a regular for celtic and is a far better player than the average neil lennon !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    after his performances for celtic he could still not command a regular spot so whats all the fuss ? he was hardly too young to be thrown in as a regular for celtic and is a far better player than the average neil lennon !
    This season he had commanded a regular spot. Only injury has prevented him from playing a bigger part this year, just as injury seemed to prevent him being involved previously at all. And despite being offered a new deal at Celtic and the guarantee of first-team football with Champions League football more-or-less annually, he felt that he'd be better served trying to secure a berth in the ManUre midfield.

Say what you like about Lennon, he's always given everything in a club shirt. Miller would do well to learn from him.

PP

only1kilbane
    sorry but he was not a regular in the side ! if you look at the amount of substitute appearances he made his season you will see that !

As regards lennon playing for his shirt he does that well but does not make him any better than average !

Miller is ambitious and obviously feels he has the talent to make it at one of the biggest clubs in europe so why should he turn it down !

Ambition should not be criticised !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Aargh! Too many exclamation marks!

sorry but he was not a regular in the side ! if you look at the amount of substitute appearances he made his season you will see that !
    I'm a regular at CP, so I know what I see. Believe me, Miller has been getting regular enough football this season. Twenty nine games (with about half as substitute) is no bad return for a man who's only just broken through into the first team picture. He can have no complaints about that.

I hope he plays one last time at Celtic before he goes, so we can all tell him just how much we love him.

Miller is ambitious and obviously feels he has the talent to make it at one of the biggest clubs in europe so why should he turn it down !
    He's already at one of the biggest clubs in Europe!

Ambition should not be criticised !
    I don't question his ambition, and I'd certainly never hammer him over that. All I criticise is his conduct throughout the transfer. Players come and players go, and we as fans expect that. What we don't expect is to be taken for a ride in such a fashion by someone that also claims to be a fan. So **** him.

When (if ever) he wears the green I'll support him as a member of my team, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. I don't.

PP

only1kilbane
    fair enough we are all entitled to our opinion ! but to slag him off if he plays for you again is not the right way to go about it ! so if he scores against the huns are you going to be ****ed off !

its like his mate down at manu our ex captain ! i dont like him but will support him in manu or ireland jersey if he ever returned !

come on im sure your a passionate supporter but celtic are not one of the biggest teams in europe they hardly have the players or euopean pedigree in recent years to show this !

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Plastic Paddy
    He's already at one of the biggest clubs in Europe!
    Congratulations, the funniest post of the day.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If any Celtic fans ever boo Liam Miller in an Ireland Jersey as i have heard suggested in other forums then they should be chucked out of Lansdowne Road. I admit he hasn't handled his transfer very well but at an Ireland game people our supposed to be supporting Ireland not Celtic. I too have no time for Roy Keane(no long winded Roy Keane debate please!!!) but would never not support him in an Ireland Jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by Bowsy
    If any Celtic fans ever boo Liam Miller in an Ireland Jersey as i have heard suggested in other forums then they should be chucked out of Lansdowne Road. I admit he hasn't handled his transfer very well but at an Ireland game people our supposed to be supporting Ireland not Celtic. I too have no time for Roy Keane(no long winded Roy Keane debate please!!!) but would never not support him in an Ireland Jersey.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Like I said before, I may not like him, but if he plays for my country he'll get my backing.

Originally posted by Macy
    Congratulations, the funniest post of the day.
    I live to give, Macy. Glad to keep you amused.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 10/02/2004 at 3:53 PM.

22. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast