Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Miller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    For all the guff he gets on this board for whatever reason I genuinely don't think I've ever seen him perform poorly in the Irish shirt. A lot of average performances sure, but he's always held his own. Which is more than I can say for a lot of the other members of the current squad.
    I hope you were watching the Montenegro game mate cos he was utter utter utter rubbish. He continues to make schoolboy errors like turning into opposition players as opposed to away from them like any normal footballer would. He seems to have completely lost the ability to pass the ball and he can't tackle. He spent the entire game looking like he was day dreaming, waiting for things to happen and made no contribution at all. Poor old Martin Rowlands was running around like a headless chicken trying to get involved, got a yellow card covering for Gimpy Mc Gimperson and (judging by the look on his face as he was strechered off) may have ended his career by giving his all in a meaningless game just to try and get into the squad for the playoff's. All this from a limited footballer while his esteemed midfield partner (who has had chance after chance given to him to be the player we all hoped he could be) farted about waiting for the opportunity to flick the ball delicately into the path of someone in a red shirt, still apparently under the impression that he is a Man Utd. player!
    Forget about the Andy Reid debate, forget about the Stephen Ireland nonsense. Why are we not starting a poll asking why is this clown still paid to play football, or even more entertaining asking why he has not been taken quietly out of Croke Park and put in a taxi to the nearest home for the bewildered where he can quietly live out the remainder of his life pretending to be a professional athlete. Perhaps he would impress in a seven aside with a bunch of 70 year old women.

Useless.
    Help something bit me!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    errrr. I have berated Miller on here many times but tonight I thought he was one of our better players. He played two wonderful through balls tonight. One to Duff which for some inexplicable reason Duff decided to shoot rather than cut the ball across the box to Keane or Hunt. He still gives away free kicks in bad areas for the team but overall I thougth he did OK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I thought Hunt played that pass. Miller made one pass to Noel Hunt who then played Keane in. Other than that he did nothing.
    If we are going to continue to pick Miller based on the fact that he once looked like he was going to be brilliant, why not re-call Stephen McPhail? He is playing at a higher level than Miller......
    Miller is 28 years old and living off the fact that he once played for Man Utd. he is rubbish, this by the way is coming from someone, who like the rest of you, wanted him to be as brilliant as he could have been. At 28 there is no more potential, just a steady decline into the lower reaches of scottish football.
    Help something bit me!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Last edited by SilkCut; 15/10/2009 at 4:03 AM.
    Help something bit me!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Hurt played in the excellent ball that Duff decided to take on himself. Earlier than that Miller played in the ball of the night.Miller played a beautiful ball in for Duff in the 10th min. RTE
    10 min Liam Miller executes the first decent pass of the night which nearly puts Duff through. Good to see the Corkman back playing regularly again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My apologies, he's a legend. Give him the captains armband, oh and while we are at it lets call up all his male relatives, surely the fact they are related means they are are great players.

Seriously NG, I'm not saying you think he is Pele or anything but please take off the blinkers, he is terrible.
    Help something bit me!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    We would have been a lot better off throwing in some young player like Garvan or McCarthy into this meaninless game instead of players who are never going make an impact for Ireland and I include the luckless Rowlands in that.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    We would have been a lot better off throwing in some young player like Garvan or McCarthy into this meaninless game instead of players who are never going make an impact for Ireland and I include the luckless Rowlands in that.
    neither were going to be released from the U21's. Garvan is captain, and by all accounts the game passed McCarthy a little, so he's clearly not ready for a full international.
    Remember Thomas Butler coming on against Switzerland the night after playing for the U21s?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Thought he was without doubt one of our better players last night. Tried to play football when he had the ball. He must have been thinking of the €50 & €70 supporters were paying to be at the game and said feck it i'll try and play football!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    neither were going to be released from the U21's. Garvan is captain, and by all accounts the game passed McCarthy a little, so he's clearly not ready for a full international.
    Remember Thomas Butler coming on against Switzerland the night after playing for the U21s?
    I still think Trap should have pulled Garvan from the U21s. It would benefit both the team and the player himself to have played against Montenegro. The 21s are well out of contention already and since when have the FAI given a hoot about the u21. This is bore out with the continued perseverence with Don Don.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I still think Trap should have pulled Garvan from the U21s. It would benefit both the team and the player himself to have played against Montenegro. The 21s are well out of contention already and since when have the FAI given a hoot about the u21. This is bore out with the continued perseverence with Don Don.
    It would have done no harm to have him on the bench and maybe given the lad a boost now that the Roy Keane school of encouragement is been brought to bear on him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    i actually taught mccarthy was good against the swiss espectilly considering they are taught to be the best team in the group

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Thought he was without doubt one of our better players last night. Tried to play football when he had the ball. He must have been thinking of the €50 & €70 supporters were paying to be at the game and said feck it i'll try and play football!!!!
    Yep that is probably exactly what he thought. Feck it I used to play for Man Utd. I'm better than the other 10 men in green shirts I will try to play my own game. Try being the important word in that sentence, cos he failed. Why did he fail? Cos he can't play football. His decline truly saddens me.
    Calling up Garvan or McCarthy would have served us better. Even bringing Andy Reid back would have served us better. These are players who WILL contribute in the future, Millers contribution is finished. Don't get me wrong Miller fans, I say that with as much disapointment as you. I really thought he and McPhail were going to be our midfield partnership for years.
    Help something bit me!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    he tried to play football alright, but he couldn't.

lots of neat little balls going straight to the opposition. he was out of his depth against montenegro, which i think says it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Its a shame Liam didn't turn into the player he looked like he was going to be when he burst into the Celtic side... I think it started with a bad decision to Join Man United...he was young and improving he was getting regular football and also european experience with Celtic was never going to break into Man Utd Squad and command starting place.. All that brashness and confidence he was getting playing with Celtic every week was diminished by Alex and Man Utd... It must be very hard to get back to your best when you have been sitting on sideline or playing reserve games for couple of years... As i said shame was looking to be a great player, still agood player but more of a squad man now rather than top biller

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Did Liam Miller run over your dog or something, Silk? Because if he didn't your vendetta against him is inexplicable.

He had a mixed game on Wednesday, though general perception I've heard is that people were generally impressed with him. He can pick some passes that Whelan, Andrews and Rowlands could only dream of, he's also more likely to make mistakes than them too so it's a mixed bag.

Overall I felt he justified his squad selection this week and I don't think any reasonable person could deny that.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Miller is rubbish. And in terms of his career, since the day he signed for Man.U.
    What was Fergie thinking? Still he got rid.

He only played because Trapp is too stubborn to bring back Andy Reid.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkCut View Post
    Calling up Garvan or McCarthy would have served us better. These are players who WILL contribute in the future

We're not building for the future, we're building for next month. Miller has been in the squad all along and right or wrong to begin with he's the correct option to be playing at this moment in the time since he has international experience and is familiar with trap's system. If you want to stand by and claim that in our final warmup for the most important game in 7 years that we should be handing debuts to 18 and 21 year old wigan and ipswich reserves, then fair enough. Don't complain when the people who know what their talking about have a chuckle at your expense.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    It would have done no harm to have him on the bench and maybe given the lad a boost now that the Roy Keane school of encouragement is been brought to bear on him.
    Keane's treatment of Garvan is in danger of destroying his confidence and career. He is self-evidently a player blessed with great technical ability and the physical attributes to assert himself at the highest level. The sooner he gets a move or Keans gets the sack the better. Agree with Acornvilla that McCarthy looked impressive against the Swiss without actually dominating things. I am not worried by his lack of first team profile at Wigan thus far. It's a massive step up for a teenager from the SPL to the Premership. Martinez is an intelligent and progressive manager who knows what he is doing.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    Don't complain when the people who know what their talking about have a chuckle at your expense.
    Judging by most of your 'posts', you are being Ironic???

Because there doesn't seem to be much familiarity with what constitutes abiliity in soccer?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast