Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Miller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by Xlex
    you're fúckin hilarious... Compare CFC with MUFC and then LTFC with CFC...
    I didn't. I was just having a giggle about the fact that the two people picking issue with what we're saying are both from Longford. Nothing more sinister than that. Glad you find us funny though.

What percentage of the 60,000 seats in Parkhead are the cheapest seasons tickets in the British Isles? What percentage of the 60,000 season tickets were 10 year tickets to build Parkhead... and what percentage of those season tickets will be renewed next year....
    Taking your questions one at a time:

1. What sort of question is that? I'm not sure what answer you're after; however, a season book for the best views at CP costs little more than £230, or just under £10 a match.

2. The club does not offer 10-year tickets (on the line of bonds offered to supporters of clubs such as Manchester City and Newcastle). However, the stadium was completely rebuilt in the 1990s under the chairmanship of Fergus McCann, in part using funding raised from three completely-subscribed rights issues in which Celtic fans took part.

(To be pedantic, Parkhead is merely the area of Glasgow in which Celtic Park is situated. But don't let the fact that Junior has already pointed that out in this thread put you off.)

3. Of 53,000 season tickets, about 52,500 will be renewed. The waiting list for new applicants runs into thousands and will take several years to scale.

just to keep it on topic,
    at last...

Celtic fans can't believe an Irishman left Celtic to join a far superior club like MUFC. They chose to ignore the fact that the financial restraints of the SPL forced Celtic PLC to wait on an offer of a decent contract to a fantastic prospect...
    Money walks in this game and Liam Miller smelt what was only available to him because of those tight laddies...
    No, you're wrong. We know all about our board's "biscuit-tin" mentality and the financial and other limitations of the SPL. We even make allowances for those factors, which is why we're a little sanguine about missing out on the likes of Beckham, Reyes, Saha and all in recent transfer exchanges. I guess our disappointment comes from naively expecting better standards of conduct from an Irishman and self-confessed Celtic "fan" like Miller. That's all.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

only1kilbane
    To me big clubs are those who are regularly in the late stages of the champions league ! Obviously Celtic who nearly have a free run into the competition if they are to be considered one of the big clubs they need to be at least reaching the quarter finals on a regular basis !

Just to pose a question ! if they are so big , how many of the current celtic team bar henrik would be good enough to play for any of the top three in england for example !

big club once maybe ! but so are notts forest !

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Plastic Paddy
    I didn't. I was just having a giggle about the fact that the two people picking issue with what we're saying are both from Longford. Nothing more sinister than that. Glad you find us funny though.
    Actually, I'm not...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not a big Celtic fan but they are a massive club. There is a difference between a club being Massive and winning things every year. Liverpool are massive but are currently rubbish. Man U would still be a Massive club even if they didn't challenge for the league this year. Celtic have the problem of playing in a poor league which stops them attracting huge stars which in turn damages their chances of competing in Europe. That doesn't mean they are not massive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    Actually, I'm not...
    Oh, okay then smarty-pants, Longford supporters. At least that's what I'm reading into the big avatar you use.

Good to see I've met my pedantic match.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 11/02/2004 at 2:21 PM.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Good to see I've met my pedantic match.

The celtic fans here remind me of Manchester City fans - MASSIVE
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by only1kilbane
    To me big clubs are those who are regularly in the late stages of the champions league ! Obviously Celtic who nearly have a free run into the competition if they are to be considered one of the big clubs they need to be at least reaching the quarter finals on a regular basis !
    This is certainly one factor, and one thing that I hope Celtic can achieve. To ignore all the other factors I suggest play a part in making a club big, is fairly small minded if you ask me. Barca are massive, but look at them on the field at the moment!!

Just to pose a question ! if they are so big , how many of the current celtic team bar henrik would be good enough to play for any of the top three in england for example !
    Liam Miller

I'm well aware of the limitations of the SPL in terms of standards of football, competition, money etc..- hence why the comparison to suggest Celtic will posess many individuals that could get in to a Man U or Arsenal first team is ridiculous. As I've said it takes more than being successful in europe for a season or two to make you a big club (in my eyes anyhow)
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy

The celtic fans here remind me of Manchester City fans
    Now you're being downright rude.

And what's this "massive" thingy about anyway?

PP

only1kilbane
    The other factors do matter but i just think that if your judgin clubs with big stadiums and big support there are a plenty !

Big teams to me are those who are regularly succesfull on a european stage ! good point with barca but to me they would be currently a big club because of the stars they can attract and the fact that even in the state they are in your club would not fancy playin them in the champions league !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    The other factors do matter but i just think that if your judgin clubs with big stadiums and big support there are a plenty !

Big teams to me are those who are regularly succesfull on a european stage ! good point with barca but to me they would be currently a big club because of the stars they can attract and the fact that even in the state they are in your club would not fancy playin them in the champions league !
    What is it with you and bleedin' exclamation marks?!?

As far as Barcelona go, I don't think they'd much fancy playing us either. Certainly not at Celtic Park. We may well see in the UEFA Cup later this season.

PP

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    PP beat me to it, but you can bet your bottom dollar that Barca or any other euro team for that matter would not fancy us at Celtic Park, on our travels in the CL has been a different story unfortunately

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

only1kilbane
    the exclamation marks were just for annoyance factor sorry I will stop now .

Celtic Park is a fortress and teams would be nervy of going there but these days you have to produce home and away and celtic need to get the second part right..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    the exclamation marks were just for annoyance factor sorry I will stop now .

Celtic Park is a fortress and teams would be nervy of going there but these days you have to produce home and away and celtic need to get the second part right..
    You carry right on with the exclamation marks! We all have our foibles - mine as you can see are the incessant bloody smileys with which I pepper every post.

As for your second comment, we certainly do need to sort out our away form in the Champions League. We've not done too badly in the UEFA Cup (wins over Blackburn, Liverpool and Boavista last year) but we need to make the step up where it counts.

Anyway, as for that Liam Miller...

PP

only1kilbane
    !! I think we have talked Liam Miller to its Death !!

Next forum please !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    As opposed to watching a two/three team league whilst playing the likes of Bolton reserves and Preston reserves. Yeah, right...

PP
    A former Villa reserve is starting on Celtic's left wing - and is one of their best players this year. Not to mention that Kinsella was playing for the very same reserve team until quite recently. Don't knock it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Is this the same left winger that's attracted attention from Tord Grip and Sven Goran Eriksson and is in line to play in the next game? It was Taylor that sold him, his recent track record at Villa wasn't anything to shouit about, same goes for his transfer dealings. Where you plays doesn't matter, if you're good you'll make it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by John83
    A former Villa reserve is starting on Celtic's left wing - and is one of their best players this year. Not to mention that Kinsella was playing for the very same reserve team until quite recently. Don't knock it.
    wouldn't rule out Thompson making an appearance in euro04 for one of the favourites, now wouldn't that be something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Given their options on the left wing, no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would say Celtic are an average team on the pitch, some great players and some poor ones, but off the field they are, well, massive. Huge support and a worldwide brandname, but in Scotland imo they will never really elevate beyond being an average side in Europe.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    This thread is a bit of a blast from the past, but does anyone know if Miller has found a club for next season? If he hasn't, I don't think there's any way he should be in tomorrow's squad, as he wouldn't be fit, and because we've a lot of younger CMs who'll be playing in the premiership this year (McCarthy, McCann, Fahey).

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast