Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Wolves and Opposition Irish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Mick received heavy criticism for playing Keogh last season, and now he's receiving heavy criticism for leaving him out. Wolves supporters are some of the most fickle in England. McCarthy is a good manager, let him get on with things.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Keogh is a clever player who I think could adapt to the premiership, he impressed a lot of people early in the season with his performances.

I think SEB is the typical direct, no nonsense kind of striker that'll tear weaker defences to pieces far better than someone like Keogh would but his lack of guile makes it easy for any defence worth their salt to contain him. A bit like David Connoly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Yeah I'd agree with that Murf. 1 on 1 with the keeper you'd take SEB every time, but in a tight game or a counter-attacking situation I'd favour Keogh's work-rate and guile.

At the same time SEB played a big part in getting Wolves to the Premier League and Mick will be loathe to drop him, which I can respect.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Wolves are going to be in tough to stay up thsi season. I've watched their last two matches in their entirety (away to Liverpool and home to Manchester City). They were played off the park over the last thirty minutes of both matches. Doesn't look like a good move for Kevin Doyle, one of our better players. The others, like Foley, Ward, and Keogh are marginal players at best and likely won't ever have any meaningful impact at the international level anyway. They're a bit of a joke at this level - they just don't have the stamina to run with the pack over the last twenty-thirty minutes of matches. Relegation is a certainty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    I just watched Manchester City string together no less than forty-two straight passes. The commentator referred to it as "embarassing". Humiliating is more like it. What a terrible team. It is too bad that so many of our players are stuck at this club.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I just watched Manchester City string together no less than forty-two straight passes. The commentator referred to it as "embarassing". Humiliating is more like it. What a terrible team. It is too bad that so many of our players are stuck at this club.
    Wolves played very well until the 2nd goal went in
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Wolves played very well until the 2nd goal went in
    Yeah, they usually play well until the 60 minute mark or so. Then they tire and get eaten alive in the last half an hour of matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Yeah, they usually play well until the 60 minute mark or so. Then they tire and get eaten alive in the last half an hour of matches.
    Rubbish. They won three of their last five games before this one.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Will be interesting to see how quickly Aaron McCarey gets thrown into the mix over there. He is already sitting in the seats behind the bench and wearing a suit and being very much part of the first team set up even though he doesnt officially become a wolves player until a few weeks from now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    You're "embarassing" to this forum.

McCarthy has the team playing some decent football, and both Doyle and Foley looked very effective last night.

The fact they were up against a team with far superior individuals who are now playing as a team with the introduction of Mancini, made it very difficult for Wolves to compete last night. Yet they were right in the game, until Mancini shaked things up bringing on Garrido to tighten things up for City.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Wolves are going to be in tough to stay up thsi season. I've watched their last two matches in their entirety (away to Liverpool and home to Manchester City). They were played off the park over the last thirty minutes of both matches. Doesn't look like a good move for Kevin Doyle, one of our better players. The others, like Foley, Ward, and Keogh are marginal players at best and likely won't ever have any meaningful impact at the international level anyway. They're a bit of a joke at this level - they just don't have the stamina to run with the pack over the last twenty-thirty minutes of matches. Relegation is a certainty.
    You at least remain consistent with your player assessments. Negative, quick to dismiss and generally disagreed with.

I was at the game last night and all honesty thought he had a very good first half (in which we were unlucky to be one down). I'm suprised he played as he was out on his feet after the Liverpool game (which is only his second game back from a prolonged injury) and McCarthy said that he was out of gas, so it's unsurprising that he got subbed - which I think would have been pre-planned. Glad he played - his ball retention and passing were good, with him rarely losing the ball in the first half. He didn't offer as much going forward, however that is to be expected as he is not a natural winger and is only playing there as a result of Kightly, Edwards and Keogh getting injuries in recent weeks.

As for the result, what do you expect? It was a team worth £25 million (if that) vs a team worth £250 million. The game was relatively even until the injury to Berra which unsettled us and we got punished when we went for broke. The game wil not be decided by games against Liverpool or Man City but games against Burnley and Bolton. In the words of a great man "It's not going to be easy for us, but it's not going to be easy for them either".
    "The richest man in the world is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    And you're basing this on their last 2 matches? I know you watched them in their entirety but does that actually qualify you to judge them?

Your posts on here are ill informed to say the least, Wolves may well struggle this year but no more so than any of the other teams at the foot of the league.
    You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    A year on from the last post on this thread, 3 of the Irish Wolves (Hunt, Ward playing off SEB upfront, and Foley playing CM) are putting in a decent shift at Anfield. 0-0 so far. Doyle injured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    A year on and Kevin Doyle is still stuck at this club. I think he's good enough to get picked up by another Premiership club should Wolves go down as expected. He may only have one goal in the Premiership this season but his workrate is terrific as we're all aware watching him play for Ireland. Foley, Ward, et al belong in the Championship in my opinion.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Wardy just scores, a neat finish though I expected Reina to have been out quicker. Well deserved lead. Wolves playing great, Liverpool awful.

A minute earlier a fat(tish) 50(ish) bloke was shown in the crowd wearing a Wolves scarf and an Ireland hat. Has MIW been outed on TV?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Foley nearly makes it 2, Johnson getting a desperate block in.

Wolves need a second. The curse of Mick and the late goal is waiting to play its part I reckon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Foley nearly makes it 2, Johnson getting a desperate block in.

Wolves need a second. The curse of Mick and the late goal is waiting to play its part I reckon.
    Let's hope not, this would be a huge result for Wolves and go a long way for their survival, we have so many players at this club that it can only be good for our national team if they stay up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Full time. Wolves win. My, what a big three points you have. Delighted for Mick, Doyle and the rest of the Irish lads. Not least of all Ward. How bad are Liverpool... good God.

Huge game at the weekend, relegation shootout against West Ham.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    A year on and Kevin Doyle is still stuck at this club. I think he's good enough to get picked up by another Premiership club should Wolves go down as expected. He may only have one goal in the Premiership this season but his workrate is terrific as we're all aware watching him play for Ireland. Foley, Ward, et al belong in the Championship in my opinion.

Championship or Champions League?

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Great result for Wolves, never really felt Liverpool were going to equalise.
    They have a good chance of staying up now.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast