Important but need replacing: Cunningham, Holland, Kinsella, Breen, Kilbane

Jury still out: Miller, Doherty, Reid, Morrison, Dunne, Delap, Healy

Retirement advised: Harte, Connolly, Carsley

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd put Connolly on the essentials list. Agree with most of the others but who the hell are you going to replace them with? That's the problem we're in at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Keep:

Given
    Carr O'Shea Finnan Cunningham
    Duff Holland Kilbane
    Connolly Keane Morrison

Let's have a proper look

Stack Kenny
    Thompson O'Brien
    A.Reid Thornton DeLap Miller Douglas Healy

Keep (for now):

Dunne Harte Doherty Breen
    S.Reid Carsley

Time to Go/Pointless discussing

Colgan
    Kinsella McAteer McPhail Partridge
    Lee Trundle Crowe

don't even know if Macken (manchester born) would even declare
    Last edited by tiktok; 09/02/2004 at 9:19 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    People really seem to be changing their tune of late in respect to Kevin Kilbane.I am sure many of you would and did call for his head 3 months ago.
    Those who stuck by him deserve some credit I think!
    Last edited by Beavis; 08/02/2004 at 9:11 PM.
    <insert witty remark>

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not one for throwing the baby out with the bath water but Carsley and Kinsella have to go. 2004 qualifiers proved Kinsella is no longer up to it and Carsley never was. Agree jury is still out on Doherty and Dunne but they are finally beginning to look like Premiership players and deserve a decent crack(both as defenders) during friendlies. Also Kenny and Stack have to be looked at ahead of Colgan and Murphy. Colgan can't hold down a place in the 2nd Division and Murphy while promising plays zero first team games a season.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    Originally posted by Declan_Michael

Retirement advised: Harte, Connolly,
    very very quickly!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A TEAM OF GARY BREEN'S

Right Lads,

lets be honest ...........................when is the last time Gary Breen has had a bad game game for Ireland for the full 90 mins, likewise we can bring the Honey Monster (Richard Dunne) into this ..................Amsterdam Sept 2000..................etc etc

John O'Shea is not the choice to play centre half would rather have a fit Gary Breen any day for Ireland !!!

And whilst on about the defence I hope Chris Hughton has no input .Spurs 3-4 Man City............enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Retirement advised: Harte, Connolly, Carsley
    Fair enough they're not good enough for international football, but who to replace them with?

only1kilbane
    to dismiss mc ateer at this stage seems stupid seen as he is on top form at the moment for sunderland and we do not have a great range of right sided midfielders !

Trundle and Macken should be given a go if they keep performing ! hopefully trundle can secure a move to at least the first division as i doubt bk will pick him if hes playing third division football !!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We should snap Macken up ASAP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by SuperKev
    Lee Trundle has never got a chance so how can you judge him. Stop being naieve. As for Macken, hes being saying he wants to play for ireland for the last three months
    i said those were players wer in the time to go/pointless discussing category.

Lee Trundle falls under pointless discussing because he's playing at too low a level, as i said in a post specifically about him, if he makes the step up to a bigger team and a better standard, have a look, but for now...POINTLESS DISCUSSING

I said i didn't know if Macken would declare, now i do, i hadn't heard any quotes attributed to him saying he wants to play for Ireland, just speculation about his eligibility on the various forums. You can promote him to 'have a proper look' on my list before the vein in your temple explodes.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    Originally posted by only1kilbane
    to dismiss mc ateer at this stage seems stupid seen as he is on top form at the moment for sunderland and we do not have a great range of right sided midfielders !

!
    do the lotto this week.its a good week for yeh!!

only1kilbane
    sarcastic little reply i like it ! some people seem to forget how important mcer was to us before his injury ! with the young enough side we are likely to have it will be good to have some experience in the side !

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Trundle and Macken should be given a go if they keep performing ! hopefully trundle can secure a move to at least the first division as i doubt bk will pick him if hes playing third division football !!
    He shouldn't be picked, until he moves up and probably the main thing gets fit, the fat b@stard.... Saw him on goals on Sunday or whatever it's called on Sky the other week, and he was saying he's not as fit as he could be as he doesn't need to be fitter at the level he's playing! And people think he deserves a chance at international level!?!?!?!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

only1kilbane
    he realises he is not quite fit enough yet but if he got to a first division side his fitness would then improve ! its not like we have any decent strikers apart from robbie and the lad seems to have a lot of confidence !

hopefully in the summer he will make a step up and then he will get the chance ! if glen crowe can get a chance why not trundle !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: A TEAM OF GARY BREEN'S

Originally posted by Bring Back Mick
    Right Lads,

lets be honest ...........................when is the last time Gary Breen has had a bad game game for Ireland for the full 90 mins,

John O'Shea is not the choice to play centre half would rather have a fit Gary Breen any day for Ireland !!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ****ing serious, you must be joking, I can't believe anyone could be that stupid. Breen never has a bad 90 minutes, but christ, who does? When you are at centre back all it takes is one calamitous error and its game over. How you could possibly choose someone who is not making the Sunderland team over a Manchester United first team regular is shocking, you should be shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For Your Info

Gary Breen is just coming back from injury..........................Mick brought him him to do a job think he proved himself World Cup 2002..............a fully fit Gary Breen won't be dropped ..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    breen is like 'inverse connolly'. his club form suggests that he would be rubbish on the international stage, but to be fair, despite my heart leaping a foot everytime he goes near the ball, he's usually played well for Ireland.

O'Shea simply isn't aggressive enough right now to play in the centre of an international defence

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    he realises he is not quite fit enough yet but if he got to a first division side his fitness would then improve ! its not like we have any decent strikers apart from robbie and the lad seems to have a lot of confidence !

hopefully in the summer he will make a step up and then he will get the chance ! if glen crowe can get a chance why not trundle !
    Eh, it was nothing to do with the level he's playing - he said that he isn't fit because he doesn't have to be - i.e. he's not training as hard as he would if he made the step up. Attitude problem if you ask me.

Crowe has scored goals consistently over many seasons at a level at the very least as high as what Trundle is playing.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast