Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Ward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    Rumors on the Bohs mb that he is set for a €1m move to Sunderland with Bohs to scoop €100k from the move. I say it's all a load of b*llix but thought I'd throw it in here anyway...

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    They have a major whole at left-back, and have had for years. I can't see him being the answer to their problems, not at left-back, anyway. I'd like to see him get a run of games as a striker.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Useless full back Stephen Ward puts Wolves 1-0 up at home to Barnsley.

4. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Ok all his ailes are now forgotten.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Goal online here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...-3-barnsley-1/
    quality finish, to be fair
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

8. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Call him up Trap!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Call him up Trap!
    please don't listen to him trap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    please don't listen to him trap
    I think he may have no choice in the matter! Ward has his faults I mean he has at times played as a Striker and winger and this is reflected in his ability to get forward and score goals. However what other suitable LBs do we have? Harte is 34 and Wilson needs to take his chance in a friendly before he can replace ward? Cunningham is still with the U21s.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    34 or not Hartes playing at the higher level, playing better and even scores more.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SolitudeRed View Post
    I think he may have no choice in the matter! Ward has his faults I mean he has at times played as a Striker and winger and this is reflected in his ability to get forward and score goals. However what other suitable LBs do we have? Harte is 34 and Wilson needs to take his chance in a friendly before he can replace ward? Cunningham is still with the U21s.
    Very good goal there by Ward.
    I'd say Wilson will be called up to the next squad, though Cunningham must be close to a call up and seeing as the u21's are on the way out, who knows what may transpire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    'Nottingham Forest have had a £1m bid accepted for Wolves’ Stephen Ward. However, the two clubs are attempting to reconcile money the player is owed on the remainder of his contract. This one looks in the balance, although with determination to do it on both sides, it is more likely than not.
    '
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Interesting - he'll be trading a mid-range Championship team with a trigger-happy approach to managers with another. Bohs will surely be due a bit of a pay-out if it goes through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    forest sold one Irish full back to replace him with another!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Telegraph reporter John Percy is giving a different story: "#nffc have returned with an improved offer for #wwfc defender Stephen Ward. Bid was accepted but deal looks unlikely due to personal terms"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Looks like he is turning his nose up a bit with reporters here about the prospect of leaving.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Interesting - he'll be trading a mid-range Championship team with a trigger-happy approach to managers with another. Bohs will surely be due a bit of a pay-out if it goes through.
    pretty certain those types of clauses are time-limited. For example, i dont think we received anything for his international caps... Not sure that we would be entitled to anything further...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    pretty certain those types of clauses are time-limited. For example, i dont think we received anything for his international caps... Not sure that we would be entitled to anything further...
    The caps thing would have to be in the transfer contract, Wolves have no obligation on that matter unless the contract says they do.

If Wolves did sell him for £1m, they are obliged to pay a % of the transfer fees to the clubs that Ward was with (previous to Wolves) up to the age of 23. It's called solidarity contribution. Or in Bohs case, it would be a solitary fix.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    sorry - for clarification - Bohs had negotiated a clause about international caps. I believe that the time limit associated with the clause expired and we ended up without a payment. There was talk about a sum from Wolves but not sure that it happened...

I think you are wrong about solidarity payments. I thought solidarity payments were only applicable in a transfer between different footballing jurisdictions? For example, Kevin Doyle had a transfer clause built into his move from Cork to Reading which would have covered the transfer between Reading and Wolves had Cork not cashed it in. If they were going to receive a solidarity payment from the transfer why would they have bothered? Bohs received a solidarity payment from Coventry for Gary Deegan but didnt receive anything for his transfer to Hibernian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They're only time-limited if they're specifically made that way, and I don't see why Bohs would agree to that. I assumed they'd have a sell-on clause.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    sorry - for clarification - Bohs had negotiated a clause about international caps. I believe that the time limit associated with the clause expired and we ended up without a payment. There was talk about a sum from Wolves but not sure that it happened...

I think you are wrong about solidarity payments. I thought solidarity payments were only applicable in a transfer between different footballing jurisdictions? For example, Kevin Doyle had a transfer clause built into his move from Cork to Reading which would have covered the transfer between Reading and Wolves had Cork not cashed it in. If they were going to receive a solidarity payment from the transfer why would they have bothered? Bohs received a solidarity payment from Coventry for Gary Deegan but didnt receive anything for his transfer to Hibernian.
    Doyle was transferred before this solidarity thing came into force, probably explains why Cork would not have known. Even if they had known they would have conspired to make a loss anyway
    Having a quick read of this page FAI page it looks to me that,
    "Training compensation is paid to all clubs who've trained the player from age 12 to 21"
    It applies only to cross juridstiction transfers and applies all down the line to all the clubs the player was registered to in Ireland
    but "In the event of any subsequent transfer, compensation is only paid to the previous club."
    I assume that means the last club the player was with before leaving Ireland.
    It could mean the previous club in England, but that doesn't fit.

If it means the last club in Ireland, then that club is entitled to the solidarity payment for "any subsequent transfer".
    All imho.

edit
    there is also a calculation there at the bottom of the page
    Solidarity Contribution - Payment breakdown
    for age when at the Irish club and that calculation covers from age 12 to age 23.
    Last edited by geysir; 31/01/2013 at 11:15 PM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast