Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ireland V Australia: Thomond Park

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Foot.ie! Ireland V Australia: Thomond Park

The international friendly on Wednesday is an ideal opportunity for Limerick FC to promote the club to thousands of football fans.

While I understand not all in attendance will be from Limerick, the majority will be. I've heard 15,000 tickets were sold last week and they are selling fast this week.

It is a perfect opportunity to promote the club in the city. What, if anything, is the club doing on Wednesday?
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    The international friendly on Wednesday is an ideal opportunity for Limerick FC to promote the club to thousands of football fans.

While I understand not all in attendance will be from Limerick, the majority will be. I've heard 15,000 tickets were sold last week and they are selling fast this week.

It is a perfect opportunity to promote the club in the city. What, if anything, is the club doing on Wednesday?

for starters, if the game is on in limerick why in the name of god are people going to tipp to watch the team train "a joke if u ask me" . not too sure what the club will do with this one it would be nice to see LFC flags alongside fai flags for starters. i heard a rumour (only a rumour) that some of the kids from the soccer schools from lfc were walking out with the teams. would be good if it happened after all the fai are always on about grass roots football ???????????????????/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Id be very interested to know that i think you make a great point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I think Trapp should get kidknapped by one of our many gangs only to be saved by a crack team of LFC fans in full SC gear (jersey, scarf, can of bulmers) just in time for kick off. Imagine the exposure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The very least we should do is have some volunteers trying to sell Leo's Lottery around the ground and even try and promote next Fridays game.
    Monkfish,you've come up with some crackin idea's before but this tops the lot!
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue09 View Post
    for starters, if the game is on in limerick why in the name of god are people going to tipp to watch the team train "a joke if u ask me" . not too sure what the club will do with this one it would be nice to see LFC flags alongside fai flags for starters. i heard a rumour (only a rumour) that some of the kids from the soccer schools from lfc were walking out with the teams. would be good if it happened after all the fai are always on about grass roots football ???????????????????/

apprantly you cant even see them train in tipp you need a fai pass to get access to cooke park.. and passes only distributed via tipperary district league by fai... bit of a joke really as i am sure people from limerick / clare / waterford etc would have been intrested to see players up close and personal ... then again as you said if match is on at thomond park why are the team not training at thomond park ... once again fai show they don't care about the paying public have no problem taking your 25 / 35 / 55 euro to watch game but go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible for fans to see players training

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    Monkfish,you've come up with some crackin idea's before
    Such a pity theres too few who act upon them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    apprantly you cant even see them train in tipp you need a fai pass to get access to cooke park.. and passes only distributed via tipperary district league by fai... bit of a joke really as i am sure people from limerick / clare / waterford etc would have been intrested to see players up close and personal ... then again as you said if match is on at thomond park why are the team not training at thomond park ... once again fai show they don't care about the paying public have no problem taking your 25 / 35 / 55 euro to watch game but go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible for fans to see players training

I managed to get 4 passes for this training session...anyone know if many passes have been issued? Just trying to get an idea of crowd size for parking etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 37Beour View Post
    I managed to get 4 passes for this training session...anyone know if many passes have been issued? Just trying to get an idea of crowd size for parking etc

Around 5000 handed out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    were did you get your passes from ...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Someone from my club rang me and said an FAI development officer had 8 tickets did I want some...so I took four from her.

As far as I know the other four are gone but if not il let you know instead of leaving um go to waste!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Went to training session this morning....wasn't great! Actually delighted to notice all the drills they do my team do in training. There was no real atmosphere almost funeral like but couldn't expect more at a training session! Got some great pics with players but the new baby must be keeping Robbie awake coz he wasn't a happy camper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    There was no real atmosphere
    You mean the ole ole brigade werent out with their plastic hammers? shocking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    looking for some help ... trying to get hold of a adult north terrace ticket ( schoolboy section) have 3 schoolboys tickets for relatives but cannot get an adult ticket for north terrace to accompany them as kids are to young to let in on there own ... have tried fai ticket office /thomond park but no luck and could not find any outlet selling them any help please p.m me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker 9 View Post
    lfc should give out club hats and we will go out begging with them should get enough to cover the wages for this week
    I'd say your own wage bill is just as high...ex LOI legends don't come cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    looking for some help ... trying to get hold of a adult north terrace ticket ( schoolboy section) have 3 schoolboys tickets for relatives but cannot get an adult ticket for north terrace to accompany them as kids are to young to let in on there own ... have tried fai ticket office /thomond park but no luck and could not find any outlet selling them any help please p.m me
    try www.toutless.com
    Why are people who "need no introduction" always introduced?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    I'd say your own wage bill is just as high...ex LOI legends don't come cheap.
    especially the amount of jaffa cakes he gets through

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    anyone on this forum going to the match tomorrow night? me and massop 10 are going to it.. cant wait to visit thormond park for the first time..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    anyone on this forum going to the match tomorrow night? me and massop 10 are going to it.. cant wait to visit thormond park for the first time..
    I'll be heading up anyway. Hopefully the weather holds up tomorrow night. In the limerick papers they are putting down over 20,000 expected for the Ireland match as a positive and todays national papers are wording it that only around 20,000 will be at the match and putting it as a negative, typical Come tommorrow night the place will probably be full as alot of people will decide to go last minute. Not a pleasure alot of people from this side of the country usually have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker 9 View Post
    lfc should give out club hats and we will go out begging with them should get enough to cover the wages for this week
    Your right, club needs money to get some decent players in, not the sort of damaged goods thats getting handed back to the Fairgreen. Fella from Pike was telling me their calling you Failview Rejects or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast