Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Faroe Islands (Away) Wed 8th Jun 05

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heard a rumour from one the girls in the fai ticket office last night that the game could be moved to copenhagen as we would only be entitled to 800 tickets for the faroes. Sounds good idea to me 40,000 stadium in copenhagen will give everyone a chance to head over

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    heard a rumour from one the girls in the fai ticket office last night that the game could be moved to copenhagen as we would only be entitled to 800 tickets for the faroes...
    Not unless we are playing the undercard to Denmark versus Albania.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/...=DEN&ym=200506

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/...=IRL&ym=200506
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Insider told me that the FAI were certain it would be played in Rejkavik.Anyone else hear this?
    <insert witty remark>

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Insider told me that the FAI were certain it would be played in Rejkavik.Anyone else hear this?
    This all sounds like cojones.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/...=ISL&ym=200506

Iceland are playing Malta on 8 June. How about Parkheeeed?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was looking up flights, from Aberdeen to Tórshavn its roughly 500 quid return. Thats before drink etc... reckon you'd need some serious spending money over there. Love to go but being realistic its not a goer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    jesus but the price of flights/accomadation ! .........it is way out of my budget, think ill go to cyprus instead........realistically dont ye think our support is better reserved for cyprus given that you cant go to both?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    There are 2 pretty decent stadiums in Copenhagen:-

Parken - home of FC København - Capacity 42.075.
    Brøndby Stadium- home of Brøndby - Capacity 32.700.

Ones about 5-6km north of the City (Parken), the other is about 20ks west of the city. Given the matches are Denmark v Albania and the Færoes v Us, from a number-of-fans-in-the-city, and non-grudge nature of the matches it would certainly be possible, especially if they switched it to a day later etc.

Personally I dont think it will happen but if you want the numbers of the grounds they are (Parken) +45 35278200, (Brøndby) +45 4363 0810.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Why would Faroes give up their home advantage? To suit the hordes of Irish fans that want to travel? I don't think so!

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I agree they probably wont, but they could get a fair bit of dosh if they were looking at a gate of 20-30k instead of 8k. When you consider its a bit-part part-time FA which doesnt get too much money it must be tempting given the match will be (probably) meaningless in terms of qualification for Germany for them.

Edit: - Oh and wherever it is, Torshaven, Copenhagen or Reykjavík bring your own booze into the country (limits will apply to Iceland) or face financial meltdown at the bar.
    Last edited by Closed Account 2; 15/10/2004 at 1:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Why would Faroes give up their home advantage? To suit the hordes of Irish fans that want to travel? I don't think so!
    Money. Thats why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Money. Thats why.
    Rubbish, if that is the case why don't they give up home advantage and agree to play their home games against us, France and the Swiss in Dublin, Paris and Basle? That would earn them a few bob. Tough s**t on their home fans though.

How do you think our supporters would react if the FAI moved the France home game to Cardiff for 'money'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How do you think our supporters would react if the FAI moved the France home game to Cardiff for 'money'?
    I'd be delighted, it's only just down the road.

Isn't the Faroe coach, Henrik Larsen, also the coach of Lyngby BK in Denmark? Lyngby filed for bankruptcy in 2001 and reorganized as an amateur club.
    Perhaps they'll move the game to the Slagelse Stadion?
    Think they can get 10 or 12 K in there.

I really think the Faroe's are doing themselves no favours by not making it easier to get to the bloody place.
    If the do play the Ireland game at home they'd better stock up on beer and puffins. What would we do if they ran out?
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    It is their home game and they are entitled to play it in front of their own fans. The stadium meets FIFA standards. they must give us a min of 10% of the tickets (more hopefully).

Of course I'd love to see it moved to Copenhagen but it is very unlikely that this will happen and FIFA would be unlikely to allow it due to us getting an unfair advantage.

It is proving a nightmare to get there though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain
    FIFA would be unlikely to allow it due to us getting an unfair advantage.
    That wouldn't come into it because the decision to give up home advantage would have been taken by the Faroe FA.

Home advantage was null and void in Paris and they played at home.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rubbish, if that is the case why don't they give up home advantage and agree to play their home games against us, France and the Swiss in Dublin, Paris and Basle? That would earn them a few bob. Tough s**t on their home fans though.
    Thats different. Thats giving up home advantage and playing the game in your opponents back-yard. This situation would never be allowed by FIFA\UEFA anyway, unless in exceptional circumstances. Playing the game in Copenhagen however, is a neutral venue. And since the Faroese are technically governed by Denmark anyway, the Faroes FA would be perfectly entitled to switch the game if they felt it would be worth their while financially. Another thing - how can you even compare the potential amount of Irish fans who would go to this game, with the amount of Swiss\French fans that would travel? No contest, as we've shown up these nations and their supporters already. Irish travelling support is by far the best and strongest in Europe, and the Faroes will be aware of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Id love to go, but bearing in mind that The Airport in the Faroes is notoriously fogbound for 364 days of the year, i've been informed the chances of being re-directed to Oslo at the last minute cos the pilot is picky about not landing in the Atlantic are pretty high.

It hurts enough paying exorbitant prices for a jar if I make it to the right country, but im buggered if I'm paying Leeson street prices for the pleasure of scratching my arse in a Norwegian bar, searching for LW252 on a WWII erea valve radio....

In light of this, whats the situation with Ferries, and How 'out of the question' would it be to charter a big ol' boat from Dubbalin (or even Larne) to the Islands?
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondvillain
    In light of this, whats the situation with Ferries, and How 'out of the question' would it be to charter a big ol' boat from Dubbalin (or even Larne) to the Islands?
    A lot harder than it was some blokes hiring boats to bring in guns into these ports in 1914.

I'm staying at home for this one (part-time, daytripping, suited, w*nker I know). But it's got hassle all over it and I'm too old for hassle. Especially with the story about being diverted to Oslo proving the last straw. It was £4 a pint in Oslo in 1984 when it was just a quid in London. God knows what it will be now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    A lot harder than it was some blokes hiring boats to bring in guns into these ports in 1914.

I'm staying at home for this one (part-time, daytripping, suited, w*nker I know). But it's got hassle all over it and I'm too old for hassle. Especially with the story about being diverted to Oslo proving the last straw. It was £4 a pint in Oslo in 1984 when it was just a quid in London. God knows what it will be now?
    Ahh come on, I'm supposed to getting the ferry out there; 25 hours of listening to me trying to sell cattle, Dav causing an international incident, and overpriced lager. How much more tempting can it get? Oh I see your point now.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton
    Ahh come on, I'm supposed to getting the ferry out there; 25 hours of listening to me trying to sell cattle, Dav causing an international incident, and overpriced lager. How much more tempting can it get? Oh I see your point now.
    I've checked out one ferry and it gets into Torshavn at 15:00. It's leaving it a bit tight, non??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Lads

I was looking up Travelocity and there are a stack of flights around the £250 mark- in on the Monday, out on the Thursday, changing in Billlund
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast