Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel (Away) Sat 26th Mar 05

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Israel (Away) Sat 26th Mar 05

Please use this thread to post any useful links, websites that can assist travel, accomodation, tickets etc...
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    How about this site for some handy casual wear for downtown Tel Aviv, or even certain parts of Broughton Park?

http://store.yahoo.com/pgfc/index.html
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Those jerseys are nice
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Looks like we'll definitely be in Tel Aviv for the Israel game.Sepp Blatter said so after a meeting in Switzeland.
    <insert witty remark>

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yeah cheers for that Davros we'll leave it until close to the date (don't think the demand will be great so a shortage of flights shouldn't be a problem anyway) but I was just looking at what type of price range to expect.
    For anyone interested in doing this trip the cheapest flights to Tel Aviv seem to be from Heathrow where you could get about £180-£200 return.Dublin is generally about £350(but might be a bit safer cos the Palestinians have nothing against us)with Belfast flights from about £300 (sorry all prices were in the STG£ so thats all I can give).
    <insert witty remark>

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Alas,even Paisley talks more sense than Blatter;would say 40% chance,max.in Israel......he doesn't have a crystal ball/a clue about the mindset of Sharon/Hamas/Al-Quaida et al........& numerous wider events...

My advice,is don't book anything until the last possible moment,or if you do,ensure goes via Cyprus!
    Following the murder of Ahmed Yassin we can safely say that it's now more like 4%.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    Following the murder of Ahmed Yassin we can safely say that it's now more like 4%.
    Yeah I wouldn't want to be around when them 'gates of hell' open and Tel Aviv has even been underlined as their number one target.We are most likely going to go,but probably will have to reconsider if it is in Tel Aviv
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

I'd like to see them move the game to another venue they were considering playing @ before they chose cyprus, spurs's white hart lane.
    I could walk to that venue instead of getting a boat or plane, plus listen to some cracking chas 'n' dave tune's @ the same time, i'm aving it.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    I'd like to see them move the game to another venue they were considering playing @ before they chose cyprus, spurs's white hart lane.
    I could walk to that venue instead of getting a boat or plane, plus listen to some cracking chas 'n' dave tune's @ the same time, i'm aving it.
    I think the L-ighbury would be more appropriate. I've known more Scoobies support Arsenal than Spurs. In all honesty I can name about a dozen Jews I've known that are (or were, RIP) gooners but the only one that claims to be a 'Yiddo' in both sense of the word is Jack Straw from the Curragh. Despite my run in with PC Plod at my last visit to WHL over yer man being thrown out for bringing along a Palestine flag, it struck me that the Irish tricolour might be more offensive looking at the knuckle-head, master-race, tanfieldians that go there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the L-ighbury would be more appropriate. I've known more Scoobies support Arsenal than Spurs. In all honesty I can name about a dozen Jews I've known that are (or were, RIP) gooners but the only one that claims to be a 'Yiddo' in both sense of the word is Jack Straw from the Curragh. Despite my run in with PC Plod at my last visit to WHL over yer man being thrown out for bringing along a Palestine flag, it struck me that the Irish tricolour might be more offensive looking at the knuckle-head, master-race, tanfieldians that go there.
    What you got against Chas 'n' Dave, just admit it hoss their the reason you would want the game played @ the L-ighbury.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    What you got against Chas 'n' Dave, just admit it hoss their the reason you would want the game played @ the L-ighbury.
    Sylvo. You know that I reckon Chas is the cooooooolest guy I've ever seen. He was also the inspiration for Milwall Andy to take up the spoons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was talking the morning after the Spurs friendly (yea right) to some of my Spurs workmate's cyrille da squirrel, lish da dish and da general, who were all terrace legand's @ spurs in the 70's so they say, they told me that those gezzer's in the shelf were'nt nothing to do with them and they spent the whole game scratching their burburry cap's trying to work out who they were, mind you Cyrille da squirrel did enjoy the chucky-oke, anyway i smoothed thing's out after that night so it should be ok to go back there again so everyone can p s a load more people off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any good IRish bars in Tel Aviv?
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liam88
    Any good IRish bars in Tel Aviv?
    Liam: Stay well clear of Irish bars. They're like Cocaine. Synthetic, expensive and they eventually f*ck you up. I hate Irish bars. I mean Oirish bars. If I remember I got a bit p*ssed in Tel Aviv on a fine ale called Macabbi - as in the basketball team - and it wasn't in any Oirish bar. Not that we'll (I f*cking won't for starters) be any where near Tel Aviv next March after Ironside got wasted. There's a few real Irish bars near White Hart Lane, and they don't play any Chas'n'Dave.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Stay well clear of Irish bars..... I hate Irish bars.
    Ah c'mon,I agree they're very fasle but Paddy Reilly's in Basel was great craic and thats straight where I'll be heading in September,although pints were dear at about e6.50 (I just brought down tinnies from the supermarket cue cough *tight b@stard* )
    <insert witty remark>

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Ah c'mon,I agree they're very fasle but Paddy Reilly's in Basel was great craic and thats straight where I'll be heading in September,although pints were dear at about e6.50 (I just brought down tinnies from the supermarket cue cough *tight b@stard* )
    No not at all. At €6.50 at pint that's exactly what I 'd do. Anyway, what I saw, half the pub was on the street.

Agree with what you say, but I swerve from them now. When they started up, course, we'd all head there, but I think the one in Prague years back told me to stuff them. £3 a pint (always a foreign ale) when it was just 20p in normal bars, and you can't say Czech beer is sh*t. My last visit was to one in Madrid where I took in the Liverpool v Celtic and Ireland v Wales rugby last year. €5 for a pint of Heineken but could I get a Spanish (and therefore cheaper) beer. Not a hope! Anyway they're always filled with the local avant garde when we're not in town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Liam: Stay well clear of Irish bars. They're like Cocaine. Synthetic, expensive and they eventually f*ck you up. I hate Irish bars. I mean Oirish bars. If I remember I got a bit p*ssed in Tel Aviv on a fine ale called Macabbi - as in the basketball team - and it wasn't in any Oirish bar. Not that we'll (I f*cking won't for starters) be any where near Tel Aviv next March after Ironside got wasted. There's a few real Irish bars near White Hart Lane, and they don't play any Chas'n'Dave.

Don't know what Chas 'n' Dave have done to you but you seem to have it in for them, it's no wonder you were like a demon @ that Spurs friendly, arguing with copper's throwing abuse @ people in burburry cap's. Come on they hav'nt had a song out in year's, I wonder why ?. There is indeed plenty of decent Irish bar's not far from WHL including the irish center, that are not all full of sign post's stating Kinnagad 5 mile's, or have old bike's hanging on the wall and beer that cost's the same price as a house. Would be handy if it was played there.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can't believe anyone would seriously contemplate going to Israel. Even buying a ticket for the match is funding the murdering *******s. they should be boycotted.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    I can't believe anyone would seriously contemplate going to Israel. Even buying a ticket for the match is funding the murdering *******s. they should be boycotted.
    I can't believe anyone would call the place 'Israel'. Geddit right: It's called Zionist Occupied Palestine, or ZOP for short. Now where's me spoons, Sylvo?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can't believe anyone would call the place 'Israel'. Geddit right: It's called Zionist Occupied Palestine, or ZOP for short. Now where's me spoons, Sylvo?
    hats off to ya sir. you are of course, totally correct

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast