Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: France (Away) Sat 9th Oct 04

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

France (Away) Sat 9th Oct 04

Please use this thread to post any useful links, websites that can assist travel, accomodation, tickets etc...

Flights

Paris CDG Airport www.paris-cdg.com
    Air France www.airfrance.com
    Opodo www.opodo.co.uk
    Trip Advisor www.tipadvisor.com
    Expedia www.expedia.co.uk

Easyjet - Paris CDG from Luton, Liverpool or Newcastle for the UK traveller www.easyjet.co.uk

Accomodation

Youth Hostels http://www.europeanhostels.com/fall/
    Hotels search site www.hotels.com
    Paris Hotels Search site http://www.parishotels-discount.com/

Tourist Info

France Tourist Office http://www.francetourism.com/
    Paris Tourist Information http://www.paris-touristoffice.com/index_va_v2.html

Footie Related

French Football Federation http://www.fff.fr/ (In French )
    French Football http://french-football.net/ (A good links section, could be useful for forums, if searching out match tickets etc...)
    Last edited by Junior; 04/02/2004 at 3:47 PM.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Apparently all Ryabir flights on Friday and Sturday have been booked already...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Dodge
    Apparently all Ryabir flights on Friday and Sturday have been booked already...
    I checked the Ryanair website myself this morning and the dates around the French game were all coming up as booked up. However I think this is only because the Ryanair website is only giving out inf. on it's schedule up to the end of September. I rang Ryanair who told me that their schedule for October would not be posted on their website for another month.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by Paulie
    I checked the Ryanair website myself this morning and the dates around the French game were all coming up as booked up. However I think this is only because the Ryanair website is only giving out inf. on it's schedule up to the end of September. I rang Ryanair who told me that their schedule for October would not be posted on their website for another month.
    my advice would be, don't hold your breath on any decent deals when they are released!!

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Easyjet: Liverpool - Paris between £30 - £60 depending on when you want to go.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Luton-Paris

£38 incl taxes with Easyjet from Luton Dep: Friday, Ret: Sunday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Booked Aer Lingus yesterday morning out fri morning back sun morning - got it for 53 euro and 4,000 tab points.

Ferry is worth keeping mind if you have the time - good deals in October for 5 days and you can bring back a car load of booze for Christmas - went a couple of years ago just to get wine.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ok thats me booked Liverpool - Paris Saturday morning - Sunday night £140 for the two.

Anyone know of any reasonably placed and priced hotels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by gspain
    Ferry is worth keeping mind if you have the time - good deals in October for 5 days and you can bring back a car load of booze for Christmas - went a couple of years ago just to get wine.
    and you can avoid paying duty on it if you tighten your suspension, the weight on your back wheels is how the customs boys choose cars to check......apparently

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok
    and you can avoid paying duty on it if you tighten your suspension, the weight on your back wheels is how the customs boys choose cars to check......apparently
    you can bring as much beer and wine as you like home with you,so long as its for your own use.i was there at xmas in a van and they never even asked how much i had (which was half a brewery).

:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We just booked on british midlands for €180 per head. Considering that Ryanair are charging €413, Aer Lingus €313 and Air france €480 for the dates we want this doesn't seem too bad to me. For any of you that think €180 is resonable enough the details are as follows:

Leave Dublin at 7am on Thursday the 7th of October, arrive in Heathrow at 8:30am, leave Heathrow at 10:40am, arrive Charles de Gaulle at 12:50pm.

Leave Charles de Gaulle at 1:30pm on Sunday the 10th of October, arrive in Heathrow at 1:45pm, leave Heathrow at 3:30pm, arrive in Dublin at 4:50pm.

The friend of mine who did the booking reckons that a fair few people may have been accessing the site at the same time he was, trying to get the same or simiar flights, as the site was taking a lot longer than you would expect. Also the cost of this flight has gone up about €15 since yesterday so maybe they are gearing up for a big hike in the price. Either way I wouldn't be hanging around on this one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Flights still available from www.flybmi.com on Thurs oct 7 for €61 one way incl taxes.
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Anyone know if the French FA sells tickets to the general public for competitive games?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by 4tothefloor
    Anyone know if the French FA sells tickets to the general public for competitive games?
    not sure, their site is all in french (see above link) but I will be checking it regularly for any updates.

hopefully we will receive a good allocation, rumours seem to suggest 10% around 8,000 tickets

only1kilbane
    the french have to give us a minimum of 10% of the tickets 8,000. The fai have said they are going to look for 15,000 as they see a demand for this !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Originally posted by gspain
    Booked Aer Lingus yesterday morning out fri morning back sun morning - got it for 53 euro and 4,000 tab points.
    How in god's name did you manage that?!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hi i booked with britishmidland, out on the friday at 11.10 and into paris at 18.10 via Heathrow, and home again on monday 13.30 and into dublin at 16.50 via london. All this for 150 Euro which is not bad at all. Accomodation in paris i dont think will be that bad as it is such a big city not like basel. Hopefully tickets will not be a problem either. SO check out flybmi.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Originally posted by 4tothefloor
    How in god's name did you manage that?!
    Booked it early am morning after the fixtures were announced before Treacy and Cassin got all the cheap seats to sell at €500+ a pop.

Those guys are still advertising this weekend's rugby in Paris although they haven't dropped the price yet. Looks like they are badly stuck with extra capacity. Think they'll cash in in October though.

Anyway I'd still strongly recommend the ferry for those with time and a car. Otherwise try Brussels or even Amsterdam and get a train down. Paris has great rail links although check the prices too as the train can be expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Irish Ferries amend schedule to facilitate soccer fans

from www.breakingnews.ie

Irish Ferries have amended their published sailing schedule in order to satisfy demand from thousands of Irish soccer supporters planning to attend Ireland's World Cup qualifying game against France which takes place in Paris on Saturday, October 9 next.

New arrangements provide for departures from Rosslare on Tuesday, October 5 and Thursday, October 7 with return sailings from Cherbourg to Rosslare on Sunday, October 10 and Tuesday, October 12.

For the game, the company is offering a special 5-day return fare of €229 for a car and up to 4 adults which provides up to two nights in France. A similar 9-day return fare with up to six nights in France is available for €349 for the same group of car plus 4 adults.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast