Thread: France (Away) Sat 9th Oct 04

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Paris

Few Q's

-- How far outside the city is Paris Beauvais airport? - Anyone know if there is a shutle service from the airport?

-- Where abouts is Stade de France?

only1kilbane
    bus direct from beauvais takes about 1hr 30. Stade de France pretty central on metro .

irwinsalegend
    As above, there is a Ryanair bus from beauvais to pretty much city centre.
    Stade de france is in the North East of the city . It's handy on the Metro but i would not advise staying in the area as it was built to try to regenerate the area of th city. last time i was there(about 2 years ago) it was not regenerated too much and i would not have liked to have wandered too far from the stadium.
    I'd advise staying around the latin Quarter. best value everything. I got a very good deal in this hotel at 27 euro a night PP friday to Monday , 14 of us booked in. basic but who cares
    http://www.excelsior-paris-hotel.com/index.htm
    Last edited by irwinsalegend; 02/06/2004 at 7:41 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    from where Dublin??

-- Yea from Dublin. Fly out Saturday morning (arrive 9am), return Monday evening.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paris

I'd advise staying around the latin Quarter. best value everything. I got a very good deal in this hotel at 27 euro a night PP friday to Monday , 14 of us booked in. basic but who cares
    Cheers for that. Managed to book 27 of us in for weekend. Doesn't seem to be a bar there?
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Anyone else getting the boat over and back. Ive been in touch with connolly station. Loads of train connections to Paris from Cherbourg but they are advising booking early. You can also get a group discount but their not sure how many people you need. You can book through eurolines at connolly station 1 month before the date you require.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yeah were going on the Ferry which should eb great craic.Cheers for the info,must get booking shortly.
    <insert witty remark>

irwinsalegend
    Cheers for that. Managed to book 27 of us in for weekend. Doesn't seem to be a bar there
    Mayo Bhoy, No there doesn't seem to be a bar in it,but there are plenty near by, you'll not go dry don't worry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    booked belfast - paris cdg about 7 weeks ago....342 euros for the 3 of us , friday - sunday.
    think the prices have went up on those dates since, but if your flexible they are probably cheaper on alternative dates

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think were going to book the flights and worry about tickets later.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well 3 of us have booked flights here form Glasgow now for the quest for tickets. Keep praying!

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Living in London means it quite cheap for me...
    managed Amsterdam for E70 return a week before the dutch friendly

Will probably go eurostar or if thats to pricey Eurolines coach (swanky I know)!! coach isnt a nice way to travel but its cheap, usually £18 return, and its not that long (about 5hrs London to Paris i think).

Also if ur under 26 and have an EU passport u can get big reductions on the eurostar, go to the RailEurope Office (its SNCF - French Rail owned) in London (nr Trocadero) and they'll sort it.

What are the chances of tickets ?? Im guessing slim to nil - im not a member of any clubs and the chances of any away tickets being sold to the general public by the FAI must be slim to nil... everyone will want to watch the France game. I might go anyway on the off chance of picking one up, but I dunno if I could afford more that say E50 for a ticket.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well seeing as they've just got knocked out there may be a better chance of getting tickets, the french will no doubt lose interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Tickets won't be a problem for this provided you don't mind being in the French end.

No idea yet if we'll get more than the 8,000 guaranteed under uEFA rules. If the French are smart they'll give us 15,000-20,000 easier to segregate. Otherwise they'll end up with 10,000 Irish fans scattered among the French.

France wdo not sellout every game and even those that do go on general public sale. check www.francebillet.com closer to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    OK scrap last reply Billet France just do the rugby it seems

See http://www.fff.fr/billet/index.shtml

only France v Israel available now but this is the only way they will have of selling the Irish tickets.

The main message is stil lthe same this game will not sellout straight away so you just need to be on the ball when they go on sale.

Other options

1) A french colleague/friend living in Ireland/UK could ring and book tickets. No harm in ringing now in French enquiring about availability re Israel and then say I'll come home for the Ireland game instead......

2) Anyone with a French address can get them.

3) Extreme but follow the Munster rugby fans example and fly to France and buy them OTC when they go on sale. - Stade Francais sold 3,000 tickets for a game v Munster and had about 30 fans at it.

Details

Le samedi 4 septembre 2004 est programmé le match France-Israël au Stade de France. A l'occasion de cette rencontre des éliminatoires du Mondial 2006, vous pouvez dès aujourd'hui réservez vos billets pour supporter l'Equipe de France.

Vente en ligne

Location des places match France- Israël dans l’ensemble des réseaux suivants

Dans le réseau Ticketnet (Auchan, E-Leclerc, Galeries Lafayette, Virgin).

Dans le réseau France-Billet (Fnac, Carrefour, Printemps, Géant ).

Dans le réseau PSG Billetterie.

CE – Collectivités : 01 55 93 01 49

Via Internet : www.fff.fr (version anglaise)

Par téléphone : 0 892 695 892 (0,34 euro / mn).

Prix des places : 20 – 30 – 45 – 55 - 65 Euros.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

register with fff.fr

just registered with fff.fr and would have been able to buy tickets 4 israel even though i didnt go through with the transaction. i know it will be in the french end but think this will be the easiest way, dealing direct with fff rather than hoping the fai can sort us out

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does anyone know if the tickets brought from the french fa have to be sent to a french address or can they be sent to a irish/english address ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Despit eht ehuge numbers travelling still no shortage of hotels in Paris but then Paris is full of hotels.

For those on the Eurostar or those heading to Troyes you might want to consider the Best Western which is in Paris Est station. This is the station where the trains depart fro Troyes and arrive back afterwards obviously. It is also a few hundred yards from Gare du Nord where the Eurostar arrives. Just over €100 per night per room for a twin.

See

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAI add registration page for France game

here.
    http://www.rglhosting.com/fai/registrationsaway.htm

they are taking applications for tickets for this game e22 each

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is there any point doing the registration to be honest if your not a block booker?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast