Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: France (Away) Sat 9th Oct 04

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    At the moment its just doing tickets for the games vs Bosnia (in Lorient) and vs Israel (at Stade de France)

http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/en/mani...&idtier=157039

It says on another page that tickets can be got at shops (réseau) like Auchan, E-Leclerc, Galeries Lafayette, Virgin, Fnac, Carrefour, most of these are big chains of supermarkets. Its not clear if you can get tickets at every branch or just Paris branches. It might be possible to get tickets in Calais. For the French-Israeli game can be got from Virgin in Dunkirk, which is worth bearing in mind if any of us British-based fans are likely to be doing a booze cruise (Dunkirk is c20 mins from the tunnel). (Here and then click on point de retrait, white letters in the top right of screen)

Also there is an email address (serviceclients@ticketnet.fr), is it worth asking them if we can buy a batch of tickets for the Ireland end seperately (from the FAI) as a group ? Does anyone know enough French to do this ? I dunno if they would do this outside of the FAI anyway... maybe if we could get about 20 or more people they might consider it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has anyone bothered trying to apply on the FAI site, I dont want to risk it as I can just see it now, being left without any tickets come mid September, was thinking of just ordering for the French end.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I like the idea of France playing Bosnia at L'Orient. Have they rebuilt the north Terrace yet?
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tickets

Hey Guys,

Been reading your Posts, So in brief what is the Best Alternative to the FAi and Package deals for Tickets ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenda
    Hey Guys,

Been reading your Posts, So in brief what is the Best Alternative to the FAi and Package deals for Tickets ?
    Tickets will be available via the web and in stores in France - may be limited to French residents - just watch this board.

It is still worth applying to the F.A.I. - prior to Basel fans could get tickets for any away game whether you block booked or not. If the French/F.A.I. are smart they should offer 20,000+ tickets to the Irish fans - otherwise they'll still get them but spread around the ground.

The F.A.I. may not want to do this because

1) Impact their own corporate trips

2) Logistical nightmare of handling that many away tickets.

If so the french should sell tickets for an Irish section. I don't forsee any security problems but it would make life a lot easier for all concerned on the night if rival fans were in different sections.

I reckon we'll have 20,000+ easily in Paris and possibly up to 40,000.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petef
    Has anyone bothered trying to apply on the FAI site, I dont want to risk it as I can just see it now, being left without any tickets come mid September, was thinking of just ordering for the French end.
    Try getting a block booking mate to order them.We're going with 2 Block bookers so hopefully be able to get 4 between them for the 2 games.Otherwise you could email following the application stating that your on the waiting least if you are,which might help.

For anyone interested in getting the ferry,Irish Ferries told me today that all special offer 5 day trips for €229 have been taken and the price is now €458 for the same trip.
    Last edited by Beavis; 12/07/2004 at 9:25 PM.
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The FAI are now charging a handling fee of €2 per ticket if you purchase tickets from them They are as bad as ticketmaster. When have they ever done anything decent for real fans?. I have applied for tickets for the swiss/french games and they will make €14 out for basically passing tickets on disgusting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

break open the piggy bank for the dubs

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDub
    The FAI are now charging a handling fee of €2 per ticket if you purchase tickets from them They are as bad as ticketmaster. When have they ever done anything decent for real fans?. I have applied for tickets for the swiss/french games and they will make €14 out for basically passing tickets on disgusting.

2 EUROS extra a ticket bet you won't be complaining if u get lucky with the allocation.....................................
    CAPTAIN MORGANS GREENFORD Welcomes all Irish Football fans, live music every weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    So GaryS,out of interest,is there an English version of the French F.F.site?Thanks...
    I don't think so Davros - seems to be some English links but not an english full treanslation - remember a certain country believes we should all be speaking French anyway. Shouldn't be too hard to work out.

Still remember this one from Italy - "non sono Inglese Siamo Irlandese".

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Application via FAI website waste of time or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Chater Flight

thinking of chartering a flight from shannon to paris, staying one night or flighting straight home afterwards. cost bought 300eur each...anyone interested... need 150/200ppl to opperate this chater so.. write here quickly
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    see my response in another thread to ye - check out www.germanwings.com - roundabout way to paris via cologne - 160 euro!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

accom

plenty of hostels in paris

just looking to get idea of where most ppl will be - paris is a big feckin city, reckon down by eiffell tower/latin quarter will be reasonable

found a hostel there with bar, cheap booze (prob €5!) near eiffell tower. €22 p.night - 3 ducks it's called

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    game ko at 20:45 local
    flights still available from belfast international, going that saturday at 13:00 (loads of time to make the game) for stg£45 (incl. tax) with easyjet...was cheaper yesterday
    how you get back is another matter

irwinsalegend
    plenty of hostels in paris

just looking to get idea of where most ppl will be - paris is a big feckin city, reckon down by eiffell tower/latin quarter will be reasonable

found a hostel there with bar, cheap booze (prob €5!) near eiffell tower. €22 p.night - 3 ducks it's called
    Around the Eifel tower is a nice area but mot much happening at night. Latin Quarter may be better bet and also cheaper, that's where we've booked anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    So far we have:

Boat from Rosslare (irish ferries) and train from cherbourg to paris - 50 quid foot and 250 for car and 4 people. Prebook train from Connolly station eurorail dept(2.5 - 3hrs). Flights to London and Eurostar to Paris. Train is looking like about 30-40 quid sterling ew
    Direct Flights - Getting fewer and dearer. Ryanair to Beavais(1 hour by train to paris) aint bad or Charleoi to Paris by train(about 2.5 hours)
    A Couple of private charters plus what ever the tour operators put on.

Can everyone stick up what Arrondissement theyre staying in and we can find a base. Were in the 3rd just above the Halles. With 20,000 odd in town it shouldnt be too hard to find an irish crowd but sure anyway. Ive stuck up a map of the metro with the stadium and main train stations and pub highlighted
    http://www.geocities.com/powertours2004/paris-metro.jpg
    You might be better off downloading it and viewing it in MSPaint

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    that link is dead but will be ready soon

http://geocities.com/powertours2004/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

flights

just booked flights - bit the bullet after months of arsin about.

ryanair, thursday night - back on the monday - might as well make a long weekend, get to the u21 maybe.

got it for 130 eur (not bad considering you go direct to paris)
    , theyre gradually gettin more expensive everyday so rekon now is time to get crackin.

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    has anyone booked hotels near the ground or staying more central?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Probably gonna stay near Gare-du-Nord. Was there in 2002 when I was interrailing & theres loads of cheap hostels and hotels there - its not great but on the Metro, near the Eurostar and does the job. Also near Montmartre, u know that big church on the hill. Ideally I'll be able to find somewhere better but I might wait and see if Ive got tickets before I book anywhere. The Stadium's nice but is in a bit of dump (St.Denis isnt a nice place at all, I wouldnt stay there at all)... The only other really dodgy part of town is to the east, around Noisy-Le-Grand and Noisy-Le-Sec... theyre kind of halfway between Euro-Disney and the city center.

Near the Parc-des-Princes is nice btw. Anywhere around Notre Dame is nice too. For those going by plane, St. Denis is on the way from Charles De Gaulle to the City Center in terms of most bus routes. If your coming from Orly Airport then its different coz thats to the south of the city. The other thing to bear in mind is that Stade de France is on the RER (Pronounced "air-he-air"), which isnt the Metro, I think you have to buy different tickets and from what I remember getting the tickets was a right pain - one machine about 200 Parisians. Its also on different platforms to the metro and the signposting is pretty shoddy.

Leave yourself time (c.1hr to get from anywhere in the city center to the Stadium) and it will be fine.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast