Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: PFAI Awards, Well done lads !!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PFAI Awards, Well done lads !!!!

from www.fai.ie

Shelbourne's Jason Byrne, Bohemians duo Colin Hawkins and Kevin Hunt, Alan Kirby of Longford Town and Cork pair John O'Flynn and George O'Callaghan are the six nominees for the 2003 PFAI Player of the Year.

Byrne – the Premier Division's top scorer last season with 20 goals – is the only player on the list to have been among the nominations for the SWAI Personality of the Year and his record last season will make him favourite to claim the award won by Bohemians' Glen Crowe last season.

Hawkins is also nominated by his fellow players after an impressive season while Hunt's consistently high performances earn him another nomination having been included last season also.

Longford winger Kirby was one of the bright spots in what was Town's best season ever as they won the FAI Cup while Cork's devastating striking duo of O'Flynn and O'Callaghan are included having given plenty of defenders headaches during the season.

The First Division award is between a defender, a midfielder and a striker with Limerick's inspirational captain Pat Purcell competing with Finn Harps' Tom Mohan and Galway marksman Alan Murphy.

Shane Barrett of Longford Town will be hoping his Cup final heroics will win him the Young Player award with Under 20 pair Keith Fahey (St Patrick's Athletic) and Crewe's recent signing Eamon Zayed (Bray Wanderers) also in the running.

The PFAI have also announced the Premier Division and First Division teams of the Year and not surprisingly the Premier Division team is dominated by Shelbourne players.

Steve Williams, Owen Heary and Ollie Cahill join Byrne in the side while Bohemians also have large contingents with three players; Hawkins, Hunt and Crowe. FAI Cup winners Longford and Cork City make up the remainder of the side with two players each.

The First Division side is made up almost entirely of players who are with clubs who won promotion or reached the play-offs with the League's top scorer Alan Murphy the only exception.

First Division Champions Dublin City have two players, Robbie Horgan and Tony O'Connor, in the side while play-off finalists Finn Harps have four players; Mohan, Jon Minnock, Paddy McGrenaghan and Kevin McHugh in the side.

Bray Wanderers – who were unfortunate not to win automatic promotion – have Wes Charles and Stephen Fox in the side while Limerick contribute captain Purcell and Stephen O'Flynn.

PFAI Premier Division Player of the Year Nominees
    Jason Byrne (Shelbourne) Colin Hawkins, Kevin Hunt (both Bohemians), Alan Kirby (Longford Town), John O'Flynn, George O'Callaghan (both Cork City).

First Division Player of the Year Nominees
    Tom Mohan (Finn Harps), Alan Murphy (Galway United), Pat Purcell (Limerick).

Young Player of the Year Nominees
    Shane Barrett (Longford Town), Keith Fahey (St Patrick's Athletic), Eamon Zayed (Bray Wanderers).

Premier Division Team of the Year
    Williams (Shelbourne); Heary (Shelbourne), Hawkins (Bohemians), Ferguson (Longford Town), Woods (Cork City); Kirby (Longford Town), Hunt (Bohemians), O'Callaghan (Cork City), Cahill (Shelbourne); Crowe (Bohemians), J Byrne (Shelbourne).

First Division Team of the Year
    Horgan (Dublin City); O'Connor (Dublin City), Purcell (Limerick), Charles (Bray Wanderers), Minnock (Finn Harps); McGrenaghan (Finn Harps), Fox (Bray Wanderers), Mohan (Finn Harps); O'Flynn (Limerick), McHugh (Finn Harps), Murphy (Galway United).
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    oh one comment, i don't agree with crowe being in the team of the year....
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by max power
    oh one comment, i don't agree with crowe being in the team of the year....
    Yeah, how the fúck can Crowe be in team of the year, when Flynn is nominated for player of the year and misses out???
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My name is glen, i sit on the international bench and make up the numbers, i have to be in the team of the year.