Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 52 of 188 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3757

Thread: Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Not the right way to go about preparing for a game still pending on a strike the morning of the match. I will be supporting the players 100% if they were to strike but hopefully it won't come to that.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Genuinely cant see Cork travelling. Dont have the money at any stage today yet will have it tomorrow morning?? I expect pickets to appear at TC in morning and (unfortunately) Rovers will get a 3 nil win and 3 points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tallaghtfornia View Post
    Genuinely cant see Cork travelling. Dont have the money at any stage today yet will have it tomorrow morning?? I expect pickets to appear at TC in morning and (unfortunately) Rovers will get a 3 nil win and 3 points.
    The only possible way the money could be there tomorrow but not today is if someones transferring it to him...and it hasnt cleared.

Doubtful though.

Hopefully they follow through

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,525 Posts
    TNB always seems to scrape through at the last moment, no reason yet to think this will be different.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    TNB always seems to scrape through at the last moment, no reason yet to think this will be different.
    Well its easier to do when people keep giving you extra 'last minutes'....

They claimed theyd strike if they didnt have the money by 4 today. TNBs laughing away knowing he'l get away with it again and again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    The only possible way the money could be there tomorrow but not today is if someones transferring it to him...and it hasnt cleared.

Doubtful though.

maybe thats why he's swilling in the trough in a plush limerick hotel right now, while pretty much every media outlet / FAI / PFAI are trying to contact him.. he's busy trying to beg / borrow / steal so money from ppl to pay his way tomorrow morning!!
    life is random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    No but you'll forgive me for thinking that if Cork, Galway, Bohs, Derry etc. can't make a go of it without ruining their club (or at least getting into serious bother) than we wouldn't fare much better in the top flight
    I'll save you the bother.

You won't fare very well in the top flight.

If you're lucky enough to finally make it there....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Micls you always seem to be one of the more sensible Corkies on here so I'll ask you this

What do you think is the best possible way for Cork to get out of this?

Keep plugging away? Disband and come back as another club? Accept a demotion to the First Division perhaps and start from there?

Genuinely would like to know, I'm unsure of how bad it actually is down there for your lot at the moment

EDIT: just noticed the tags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Micls you always seem to be one of the more sensible Corkies on here so I'll ask you this

Keep plugging away? Disband and come back as another club? Accept a demotion to the First Division perhaps and start from there?

Genuinely would like to know, I'm unsure of how bad it actually is down there for your lot at the moment
    Basically there's only 2 options. If Coughlan is around next season the club wont be.

1) Takeover by someone else, with FORAS involved(most seem to realise at this stage theyl have to deal with us)

2) Liquidation and buy the name, carry on with the youths and enter A championship.

If Foras get a decent share, over 5%, then I could cope with option 1 and its probably more palatable for most fans as the A championship is a depressing thought. Tbh wouldnt be too bothered if it were premier or first division, either way the club jsut needs to be run properly and sustainably.

Option 2 is dodgy, not only does it mean a lot of people losing their jobs, but theres no guarantee FORAS wouldnt be outbid for the name and we could end up with some other clown of an owner and be back here in a year.

So, i guess i havnt really answered the question at all

My preference overall, longterm, is a fans owned club, with at least a majority shareholding. The best way to bring this about is what were working on figuring out.

On the dont know how bad is is part, it cant get much worse.

If anyone does figure it out, send me a pm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

EDIT: just noticed the tags
    I'm not Micls, but personally I'd suggest that it should be clear to everyone now that Coughlan has to go and the fans need to take over.

The key to making this happen now, rather than some messy licensing refusal or face-off in the off-season, would appear to be for the players to actually go on strike for a game. Or at least for them to come out and take a stand to force him out. The fans aren't being listened to.

If Cork are facing these sort of problems now during the season, where will they find any money off-season to pay for players, staff etc ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Basically there's only 2 options. If Coughlan is around next season the club wont be.

1) Takeover by someone else, with FORAS involved(most seem to realise at this stage theyl have to deal with us)

2) Liquidation and buy the name, carry on with the youths and enter A championship.

If Foras get a decent share, over 5%, then I could cope with option 1 and its probably more palatable for most fans as the A championship is a depressing thought. Tbh wouldnt be too bothered if it were premier or first division, either way the club jsut needs to be run properly and sustainably.

Option 2 is dodgy, not only does it mean a lot of people losing their jobs, but theres no guarantee FORAS wouldnt be outbid for the name and we could end up with some other clown of an owner and be back here in a year.

So, i guess i havnt really answered the question at all

My preference overall, longterm, is a fans owned club, with at least a majority shareholding. The best way to bring this about is what were working on figuring out.

On the dont know how bad is is part, it cant get much worse.

If anyone does figure it out, send me a pm
    The name bit isn't all that important. Just like Limerick or AFC Wimbledon- there are ways round it.

The license is the key thing. If the FAI are effectively showing 'favouritism' towards FORAS in all of this, then it may be difficult/pointless for anyone else to come along and buy the name. The name means nothing without the license.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doubtful though.

Sorry mate but it dont take a week to transfer money. TC will just keep going at his pace because the players (rightly or wrongly) continue to crumble when it comes to deadlines and are just puppets at this stage!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If you need to kill some time waiting for the players to decide what they are going to do:

http://www.punchinthefacebook.com/pu.../tommy-no-bobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    The name bit isn't all that important. Just like Limerick or AFC Wimbledon- there are ways round it.

The license is the key thing. If the FAI are effectively showing 'favouritism' towards FORAS in all of this, then it may be difficult/pointless for anyone else to come along and buy the name. The name means nothing without the license.
    For us and our fans, the name and the youths teams are key. We support CCFC not anyone else. The license can come next, an A championship license application from a team called CCFC run by the fans running the youth teams will be looked on favourably ive no doubt

Sorry mate but it dont take a week to transfer money. TC will just keep going at his pace because the players (rightly or wrongly) continue to crumble when it comes to deadlines and are just puppets at this stage!!
    A week? Where'd you get a week from? someone could have sent him money Friday like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    sounds like you'd like the players to take a stand and strike for tomorrows game Tallaghtfornia...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    For us and our fans, the name and the youths teams are key. We support CCFC not anyone else. The license can come next, an A championship license application from a team called CCFC run by the fans running the youth teams will be looked on favourably ive no doubt
    You'd be surprised how quickly that attitude changes when you lose the name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    You'd be surprised how quickly that attitude changes when you lose the name
    I can understand that, but I know our membership has no interest in anything else, now anyway.

After the last 2 years, we'd also lose a lot of core support if people didnt perceive it to be the same club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    lets face one fact though, coughlan isnt gonna pay the players or one other cent of debt for the rest of the season so expect the fai to pay the players. and foras....that will be the extent of their support so accept no promises. but even if foras are involved next year they still need a big money backer so its the A or first division for city i feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    lets face one fact though, coughlan isnt gonna pay the players or one other cent of debt for the rest of the season so expect the fai to pay the players. and foras....that will be the extent of their support so accept no promises. but even if foras are involved next year they still need a big money backer so its the A or first division for city i feel.
    FORAS aren't there to pay the players, why should supporters cover Coughlan's debts?
    The Trust established a hardship fund in association with the PFAI, that's there to provide bridging loans to players who need it.

The 2nd part of your post, I don't know where to start but that 'white knight' nonsense drives me dememnted, it's such a cop-out.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    If you need to kill some time waiting for the players to decide what they are going to do:

http://www.punchinthefacebook.com/pu.../tommy-no-bobs
    Thanks, actually enjoyed that!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."