Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    I remember some Cork city fans laughing on here at Dublin city folding .
    What goes around eh.
    That's why I'm so happy over Cork folding. They'll be careful next time surely
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red View Post
    That's why I'm so happy over Cork folding. They'll be careful next time surely
    Sad attitude.

The vasy majority of Cork City supporters are decent sporting fans.

Don't understand how any right minded LOI supporter could take satisfation in the loss of an important club like Cork City.

The demise of Cork City is on a totally different scale to Dublin City. We have a history and a generation that has grown up with the club. Dublin City was still in its infancy.

James has posted a great post on the City seciton http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=121601
    Last edited by harry crumb; 29/07/2009 at 1:22 AM.
    Yeah man, they call gambling a disease, but it's the only disease where you can win a bunch of money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    i thought FORAS worked with the examiner as a sort of official entity to represent the clubs interests, and i thought they released a statement sayin they were satisfied the right man had taken over the club,

am i wrong or is this true
    You're wrong [no surprise there though].
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    wow so your supporting an organisaition that has actually contributed NOTING to your club, you club that is now gone,

if they didnt help out during the examinership process (probably the biggest issue in CCFCs History), and they gave no support what to speak of to the club, exactly WTF do they do,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    wow so your supporting an organisaition that has actually contributed NOTING to your club, you club that is now gone,

if they didnt help out during the examinership process (probably the biggest issue in CCFCs History), and they gave no support what to speak of to the club, exactly WTF do they do,
    Your comment would have some grounding if it wasn't blatantly clear FORAS has never had a proper opportunity to actually help out. Whilst their €80000 or so they have to give might well be alot to most clubs, it's a small portion of what is needed to get the club out of the hole it is in at the moment. They could sent it to Mr Coughlan today, and the club would very likely still be history come Friday. On the other hand, they could be smart and save it to form a fan-owned A League team next season.

Anyway, hearing a Cobh fan slag off other clubs for their supporters input is a bit much considering the mess you guys let yourselves to get into.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Tom Coughlan has thrown in the towel.

Today's Examiner:
    "We’re in a very difficult environment as regards sponsorship. We’re doing the best we can. But we’re up against it, I’m not so sure we’ll get there at this stage to be honest."

"It’s very challenging," he admitted. "I see it as something that the community needs. Maybe I’m alone in thinking that and maybe I have to question that. There are some fantastic sporting organisations out there and maybe there isn’t room for the League of Ireland. It’s a tough learning curve but I don’t have any regrets.

"We’re doing our damndest but our damndest may not be enough. There aren’t a lot of deep pockets out there. People are in their own jams and that’s perfectly understandable. It’s going to be very difficult."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Tom Coughlan has thrown in the towel.

Today's Examiner:
    he appears completely out of touch and taking zero blame. Cork came out of examinership and should have taken a step back so to speak to steady the ship etc etc but instead he ploughed on and drove up costs - Cork are were hey are simply because of his management.

Crazy stuff from him - it looks like he actually beleives his own rubbish .....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Obviously every Cork fans heart is hoping they can survive. But, is there any Cork fans who in their head is saying: A-league, supporter run, supporter owned; maybe this is the best way for the long term future of LOI in Cork?
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Obviously every Cork fans heart is hoping they can survive. But, is there any Cork fans who in their head is saying: A-league, supporter run, supporter owned; maybe this is the best way for the long term future of LOI in Cork?
    Most of us are.
    We all want to see the club survive but no one in their right mind is going to hand over money with Coughlan still at the helm.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb View Post
    We have a history
    History doesnt pay the taxman. Time clubs realised that past glories are just that - past. The future is where its at.

Am totally gutted for Cork and their fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You were wrong in your original assertion, you're just highlighting your ignorance of what the trust is in your one quoted above. You know nothing about the ins and outs of the trust and it's relationship with the club, you're making ridiculous comments and having swipes through a number of threads now [i assume it's because you're from Cobh and i someway connected to a certain indiviudal].

FORAS were heavily involved in the examinership process, but were not speaking for the club[which is what you stated and were wrong about], FORAS did a lot more than help out. The examiner has publicly stated that FORAS were key to a successful outcome, with the presiding judge highlighting the contribution.

FORAS welcomed the emergence from examinership and offered the new owner support, but didn't realease a statement saying he was 'the right man for the job' [which is what you stated and were wrong about].

FORAS have saved the club literally tens of thousands of euro this season getting nothing back in return [nor asking for anything back in return bar the opportunity to help even more]. FORAS have given money over to the club in sponsorhip, and this week are paying for the printing of the programme for the Bray game because no print company in Cork will touch the club right now.

If you'd like to learn more and actually hear what a group of volunteers have given up the past year of their lives doing, feel free to pop along to the public meeting in the Telecom Club in Cork tonight, 7.30pm.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    he appears completely out of touch and taking zero blame. Cork came out of examinership and should have taken a step back so to speak to steady the ship etc etc but instead he ploughed on and drove up costs - Cork are were hey are simply because of his management.

Crazy stuff from him - it looks like he actually beleives his own rubbish .....
    Drogheda took a wiser course. They may still be relegated but the club survives. That is the important thing.

Dundalk have shown that rebuilding in the first division is possible.

Cork City FC were greedy and inflated the expectations of their supporters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    It's bad for the supporters as it is all out of their control. But Cork as a club, the people who run it, they are getting what they deserved. In the last couple of seasons it has been evident they where in big trouble. But instead of cutting back completely and restarting with a sustainable model, they continued to spend spend spend.

Cork City have no one to blame but themselves. I'm not gloating as it's not something to gloat about, but Cork City needed to tighten their belts and they didn't and didn't even attempt to. They got what they deserved.

The rest of the LOI and to a far lesser extent the Irish League need to take note of CCFCs plight and learn from their mistakes. It is not hard to set out a budget that is affordable and sticking to it. A budget that is flexible as in, income is 20% less than projected, the budget should be able to handle that.

It seems people are exceeding what they can afford, or they are budgeting at the very limit of projected income and when that projected income is slightly less, they are in trouble.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Explain something please.

Can someone explain something to me please.
    Why were Cork included in the Setanta Cup Draw??
    Why is their game on Friday still down to go ahead??
    Why is there no mention of all this on the LOI website??
    Answers appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    Can someone explain something to me please.
    Why were Cork included in the Setanta Cup Draw??
    Why is their game on Friday still down to go ahead??
    Why is there no mention of all this on the LOI website??
    Answers appreciated.
    Because they still exist.

They can't be excluded from anything until they go kaput. There was a statement on the LOI website but until things are finalised, they can't make any announcements on what "may" happen
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Bonuse's of €1000 per goal and €500 a clean sheet under the guildance of arkraga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Bonuse's of €1000 per goal and €500 a clean sheet under the guildance of arkraga.
    seen this, wow a grand for a goal. that was serious money. wouldnt ya bust a gut to score if that was up for grabs.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    seen this, wow a grand for a goal. that was serious money. wouldnt ya bust a gut to score if that was up for grabs.
    Maybe you wouldn't be too eager to pass to a better placed colleague?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Maybe you wouldn't be too eager to pass to a better placed colleague?
    true
    id shoot from all angles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i thought FORAS worked with the examiner as a sort of official entity to represent the clubs interests, and i thought they released a statement sayin they were satisfied the right man had taken over the club,

am i wrong or is this true
    You were wrong in your original assertion, you're just highlighting your ignorance of what the trust is in your one quoted above. You know nothing about the ins and outs of the trust and it's relationship with the club, you're making ridiculous comments and having swipes through a number of threads now [i assume it's because you're from Cobh and i someway connected to a certain indiviudal].

FORAS were heavily involved in the examinership process, but were not speaking for the club[which is what you stated and were wrong about], FORAS did a lot more than help out. The examiner has publicly stated that FORAS were key to a successful outcome, with the presiding judge highlighting the contribution.

FORAS welcomed the emergence from examinership and offered the new owner support, but didn't realease a statement saying he was 'the right man for the job' [which is what you stated and were wrong about].

FORAS have saved the club literally tens of thousands of euro this season getting nothing back in return [nor asking for anything back in return bar the opportunity to help even more]. FORAS have given money over to the club in sponsorhip, and this week are paying for the printing of the programme for the Bray game because no print company in Cork will touch the club right now.

If you'd like to learn more and actually hear what a group of volunteers have given up the past year of their lives doing, feel free to pop along to the public meeting in the Telecom Club in Cork tonight, 7.30pm.
    so i asked did FORAS help during the examinership proscess, you said NO,

so what did they say to couglan "best of luck tom, but just to let ya know we dont think your the right man for the job"

im not connected to cork city in anyway, ive friends who support city, and even they seem at a loss to what exactly FORAS do,

you say theyve saved the clubs thousands, asking noting in return, there a Supporters Club, wouldnt be a very good SC if they asked for there money back,

thats fair enough that they sponsor the team and are printing programs,
    see i didnt know that, and you bit my head of explaining it, is that how your gonna convince fans to follow a new club if FORAS form one,

im happy and sad, because i know there were fans who did there best to help, but at the same time you cant expect the club to survive when its being run the way it is, and i feel sorry for the fans cause they have no control over it,

we were lucky enough to keep our club and its history intact, so im fairly happy down here, and if ye do form a new team next year ill look forward to playing ye,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast