Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 153 of 188 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3757

Thread: Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tippex View Post
    Is it not part of licensing that if you are in the premier you are required to have a team in the A also?
    it is, if Bray go up, they will have a form another team, Wonder would the Fai give a club like Bray so much time if we were in the same boat? Not a chance. The FAI have fecked up big time, now every club in future can take as long as cork and not get repermanded for it. The FAI are just truely the worst organisation in the world, even worse than our government.
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    Let's not forget that Cork haven't got a license yet. The licensing committee has waited on making a decision due to an ongoing court case (which, if what OneRedArmy has said is correct, they are obliged to do). I still see it as perfectly possible that after the conclusion of the court case, they will be denied a license.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Let's not forget that Cork haven't got a license yet. The licensing committee has waited on making a decision due to an ongoing court case (which, if what OneRedArmy has said is correct, they are obliged to do). I still see it as perfectly possible that after the conclusion of the court case, they will be denied a license.
    That is making a huge assumption that the FAI/ILC will do the right thing.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    That is making a huge assumption that the FAI/ILC will do the right thing.....
    No its not.

Read the post again. He specifically said that its "possible", not that its definitive.

Anything is possible. And not in a good way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper 99 View Post
    it is, if Bray go up, they will have a form another team, Wonder would the Fai give a club like Bray so much time if we were in the same boat? Not a chance. The FAI have fecked up big time, now every club in future can take as long as cork and not get repermanded for it. The FAI are just truely the worst organisation in the world, even worse than our government.
    The FAI/ILC will use this as the excuse to award Cork a Premier licence.... They will spin it so it looks like they are doin' Bray a favour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by D15-Red View Post
    The FAI/ILC will use this as the excuse to award Cork a Premier licence.... They will spin it so it looks like they are doin' Bray a favour.
    They are doing them a favor. Bray must have vertigo at this stage from going up & down between the divisions.
    The FAI/ILC have set a very dangerous precedent with their dealing of this matter.Make a set of rules & stick to them. Stop bending them out of shape. Clean up the mess once & for all.
    The League of Ireland is in a worse state since the FAI took over if that was ever possible.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Actually there might be a bigger issue - what if Cork don't get any license - that leaves one division a team short or did FORAS get their license last week but not publicised? It doesn't appear that any of the 'A' division teams can step up and with no allowance to sign players after Monday why would they?

Although am I right in signing Bray / Cork / whomever can still sign out of contract players - are there enough still hanging around to make a team?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    the fai had ample reason and oppurtunity to desmise cork from an fai run league they used a pending court case to keep them in the frame they are not oblidged to do anything ,they could of refused any licence from cork on the grounds that they had not applied for one in the correct manner or on time and that they had consistantly dragged the league into disrepute but they (he) choose to keep them in the hunt , no other club was ever given that much latitide except when they choose to bypass licensing to keep derry in LOI
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by refjohn View Post
    Actually there might be a bigger issue - what if Cork don't get any license - that leaves one division a team short or did FORAS get their license last week but not publicised? It doesn't appear that any of the 'A' division teams can step up and with no allowance to sign players after Monday why would they?

Although am I right in signing Bray / Cork / whomever can still sign out of contract players - are there enough still hanging around to make a team?
    If Cork don't get a license you will see FORAS in the 1st Div next season.

You can sign out of contract players at any time provided they became out of contract before the end of the previous transfer window & yes there are plenty of out of work players available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Two seasons ago the IFA demoted Portadown for being 30 mins late in getting their documents in, that is how to administer a league. Make a rule and stick to it.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    Two seasons ago the IFA demoted Portadown for being 30 mins late in getting their documents in, that is how to administer a league. Make a rule and stick to it.
    That was not in relation to licensing though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    That was not in relation to licensing though.
    I think the point was that it was in relation to missing a deadline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    I think the point was that it was in relation to missing a deadline.
    Yes but the Licensing procedure does allow for extensions on submissions in certain circumstances, something the IFA have done too. The application procedure he refered to did not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Is there really anything worth saving of the existing Cork City FC ?

Beyond the name - whcih was just reborrowed from the 1930's anyway - what is there that's worth all this hoopla to save ? No assets, few players - all of whom can walk at a moment's notice.

Yes - I know that covering debts would be an honourable thing to do, but the debts are the responsibility of those who mis-ran the club, and any new club could offer to make payments to old club creditors if it so wished (like DCFC has done).

Fans shouldn't let themselves be or feel emotionally blackmailed over the debt of what is, at the end of a day, a business run with no input from them.

So what exactly is there that is worth paying €900,100 for (or at the very least €600,100).....?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I wonder is Sepp Blatter a visitor to Foot.ie

If he is, he'd be rolling around on the ground keeping up with this thread.....
    Kildare County RIP

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    required points .what a load of nonsense.maybe bray should have borrowed 2 or 3 million and gained the required points.cork must go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Is there really anything worth saving of the existing Cork City FC ?

Beyond the name - whcih was just reborrowed from the 1930's anyway - what is there that's worth all this hoopla to save ? No assets, few players - all of whom can walk at a moment's notice.

Yes - I know that covering debts would be an honourable thing to do, but the debts are the responsibility of those who mis-ran the club, and any new club could offer to make payments to old club creditors if it so wished (like DCFC has done).

Fans shouldn't let themselves be or feel emotionally blackmailed over the debt of what is, at the end of a day, a business run with no input from them.

So what exactly is there that is worth paying €900,100 for (or at the very least €600,100).....?
    I think the fans feel the history of the club is worth saving. Not sure if I'd be willing to pay that much for it however.

Quote Originally Posted by jan molby View Post
    required points .what a load of nonsense.maybe bray should have borrowed 2 or 3 million and gained the required points.cork must go
    Or maybe the required players. You'd think being so close to Dubland they would have no problem getting some cast off's. If Bray were any further away from Dubland they would end up like Kildare County,nowhere. Incidentally why do you think Bray couldn't stay up last season again despite have two go's at it or maybe you think they should get a free pass every year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    dcfcstece- I asked the same things few days back it seems their history etc is what they want to hold onto.All 25yrs of it.Cant for the life of me understand why this is happening all for a name.

Is their some email address in the FAI that all members could maybe send an email to as supporters of irish football to let them know how people feel or is it a waste of time
    Marty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildareman View Post
    I wonder is Sepp Blatter a visitor to Foot.ie

If he is, he'd be rolling around on the ground keeping up with this thread.....
    "they have asked can't we be team number 11 in the League of Ireland premier division. hehe. Yes, they have asked for that, really. hehe"
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    very good
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger