Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wexford v UCD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Bolger did play for Wexford Youths as in an under18 team managed by Wallace before we had a LOI team he scored the winning all ireland pen in 2005 for that team or so I was informed today at a under 20 game
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    It's the first competitive first team game anyway, we had a friendly there but I think it was played on the back pitch. I don't know if we've played under-20/under-21 league games there.

We were all over them in the first half but they were much more dangerous in the second half. Their shooting was so bad though that Brennan didn't have a single difficult save to make. Bolger did really well in midfield, put in some very tough tackles (all fair though) and really ran things well.
    Thanks, the Belgrade sun suits Brennan. Is thaqt his first league clean sheet this season?
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    No, Bolger never played for them. He was excellent last night- our midfield was non existent when he went off with a knock.

Harding's performances have been better than Matthews' this season but don't know what impressed you about him last night. Practically all of Wexford's attacks late on came from their left wing as they kept getting in behind him. In fairness to him though, if we had a manager who was at least half decent tactically, or even worse than that, we would not have been under so much pressure late in the game. Based on recent performances we are definitely not going to finish in the top three.
    Calm down - we have very little to complain about with the way a new side has been out together very quickly
    DB Cooper is alive !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpoJoyce View Post
    Thanks, the Belgrade sun suits Brennan. Is thaqt his first league clean sheet this season?
    He had at least one, probably two I think. I'll check it later.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I was pleased with the performance yesterday. We took on board the experience of playing the Youths last time and didn't allow ourselves to be bullied. We faded in the last quarter of the game but given our current form and our last match against the Youths we did very well to hold on. I'm hoping we can add that steel and tenacity to our skill in the coming months.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Calm down - we have very little to complain about with the way a new side has been out together very quickly
    I thought it was glaringly obvious that we been torn apart towards the end of the game and that we had to switch from 4-4-2. Our midfield was non-existent and the defence was struggling to cope with the amount of bodies they were throwing forward. There have also been quite a few instances in recently where some of the decisions have been staggering to say the least. Our results are merely papering over the cracks.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    In fairness, we were without our regular keeper, one centre half (the find of the season), one centre mid (also our captain and best player) and one forward (also our top scorer). We've a very young team with probably a couple of players who aren't good enough for the league, but who have to be thrown in because, as Angus said, we're almost starting afresh this season. Martin's changed from 4-4-2 in previous games (away v Limerick for one). I think it's a bit much to be giving out about tactics when a vaguely good team gets a few shots off target against a seriously understrength, new team.

I agree we're not good enough to go up (and have said so all along), but that's just because the team has been thrown together very quickly; nothing to do with tactical nous letting us down.

Edit - and Monaghan held Waterford too! Not a bad weekend.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 19/07/2009 at 6:44 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Highlights on Youtube, albeit from a very awkward angle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12