Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2009/10

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Limerick Desmond League 2009/10

the new thread for the desmond league 09/10 season right here.
    leave any news on clubs or the league ob here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is there any official start date yet for next season? Newcastle a.f.c. any friendlies lined up buddygeary?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Desmond League

Quote Originally Posted by coast boy View Post
    Is there any official start date yet for next season? Newcastle a.f.c. any friendlies lined up buddygeary?
    i think its the end of august??
    pike would be a real challenge game for newcastle.
    newcastle would hardly play any desmond sides in friendlies will they??
    is scott hurley signing for the limerick 37 u/20's again??
    anything about tony quaid did he sign for newcastle.
    id say alot of clubs would be after him this season especially after him scoring 70 odd goals last season!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dont think many clubs in town would consider quaid to be fair,he's bit young and lot of those goals were in underage. all the same he is a quality player,can only get better you would think too as gets bit older and stronger.any truth of ncw losing few players next season? think if they lose 3 or 4 they wont have it as easy next year.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Newcastle losing players

Quote Originally Posted by hot shot View Post
    dont think many clubs in town would consider quaid to be fair,he's bit young and lot of those goals were in underage. all the same he is a quality player,can only get better you would think too as gets bit older and stronger.any truth of ncw losing few players next season? think if they lose 3 or 4 they wont have it as easy next year.
    To tell you the truth i don't think newcastle are going to lose many players this season.their was a rumour about the two powers plus mark doherty going to pike rovers but that was only a rumour. but i honestly think that anthony o'donnell will sign for shannonside.newcastle could also have david o connor back he's a great player and a great addition to last years side.also newcastle will have donncadh woods to come into the team a great player for the future aswell as tony quaid and jamsie kelly.(even though jamsie kelly normally starts centre midfield)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hard to know what anthony o donnell is doing but that should be known in next week or so, he would be good addition to shannonside. a few players will def be needed if the team wants to make a mark this season and compete. thats the thing with ncw anyway i guess they will always have a good selection of young players coming through, even if they lost one or two can cover those gaps. heard one of their full backs (Hanlon i think) going to kilcolman or someone so he can go on the sauce for the year?!! who have abbey got as manager this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heard one of their full backs (Hanlon i think) going to kilcolman or someone so he can go on the sauce for the year?!!
    Never rated him much anyway. Better full backs in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good few premier sides have/looking for new managers this season-ballingarry,abbey,rathkeale and ncw also.not much talk of ballingarry here,know they tend to fade off but as good as any team or club if can maintain challenge.
    heard that abbey are back training dis week.most should be back next week or after too you would think,shannonside back next wk i believe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya ballingarry can be good on the day but you could nearly say that about most of the premier sides. I know some teams are back training this week but most will be back next week i reckon. Newcastle had advertised for a new manager in the local paper, dunno did they get anyone yet. Any news on that Buddygeary?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good few premier sides have/looking for new managers this season-ballingarry,abbey,rathkeale and ncw also.not much talk of ballingarry here,know they tend to fade off but as good as any team or club if can maintain challenge.
    heard that abbey are back training dis week.most should be back next week or after too you would think,shannonside back next wk i believe
    ya anthony o donnell will be a great signing for shannonside appearantly some russell goalie who was playing for regional has gone to shannonside i dont think they need a goalie as they have chris hayes (ex limerick desmond youth goalie) and the goalie who played in goals agains newcastle in the semi final of the desmond cup. (forget his name)
    abbeyfeale got some man from kilcornan.hes supposed to be bringing in few players too.(as he was a manager in the city before)
    never heard about rathkeale or ballingarry.rathkeale always have a great youth squad so they should have up and coming players coming onto the A panel. i.e eoin o connor sean white seamus carroll etc
    what would you think who will finish top 5 this season??
    my prediction
    1) Newcastle West
    2) Abbeyfeale United
    3) Glin Rovers
    4) Shannonside
    5) Rathkeale or Newcastle Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dont think chris hayes playing any ball this year he wants to concentrate on gaa.so russell will be a good addition in fairness. as for top 5 predictions, its hard to go against ncw for 1st at the moment but after that could end up in any order with teams mentioned above really. if abbey get act together and start strong will be there or there abouts, plus glin need to push on a bit now after cup win but dont know if they have what it takes to put in those type of performances they did in final v ncw over a full season.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dont think chris hayes playing any ball this year he wants to concentrate on gaa.so russell will be a good addition in fairness. as for top 5 predictions, its hard to go against ncw for 1st at the moment but after that could end up in any order with teams mentioned above really. if abbey get act together and start strong will be there or there abouts, plus glin need to push on a bit now after cup win but dont know if they have what it takes to put in those type of performances they did in final v ncw over a full season.
    That's true hot shot.
    cant believe chris hayes is sticking to the gaa though very good goalie.
    id say glin wont carry on from their end of season heroics.
    alot of commitment and dedication is needed.
    any friendly matches played yet by a desmond league side.???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    kavanagh plays with shannonside,played midfield last season but is good in goals aswell. played there in desmond cup semi final.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    kavanagh plays with shannonside,played midfield last season but is good in goals aswell. played there in desmond cup semi final.
    Ya he's not bad in goals.handy goalie if shannonside were caught for players in that position.
    played well in the semi final of the cup against newcastle maybe a sloppy goal against him but shannonside didn't deserve to lose that game.
    did any of ye hear any signings for desmond league clubs???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Shannonside and Askeaton should be competitive in the Premier this season.
    Hopefully some Desmond sides will make a serious impact in the Munster or FAI Junior Cups this season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    did shane o hanlon take over as manager of abbeyfeale? i hear shannonside are a good side and rathkeale always have a decent side, attitude and discipline seem to let them down at times

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Football Alien View Post
    did shane o hanlon take over as manager of abbeyfeale? i hear shannonside are a good side and rathkeale always have a decent side, attitude and discipline seem to let them down at times
    im not sure of his name but he was an ex limerick district club man!!
    ya shannonside are very good since (foynes Borrigone shanagolden) have joined together.
    rathkeale always have a good A team but they struggle on towards the end of the season!!
    that was keith hartnetts original club before he left for pike rovers.
    some good young quality players are coming up from the youths so i reckon rathkeale will be a tough team to beat this season.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    Shannonside and Askeaton should be competitive in the Premier this season.
    Hopefully some Desmond sides will make a serious impact in the Munster or FAI Junior Cups this season.
    shannonside will have a say in the premier this year top 4 finish i reckon!!
    i thought it was st.itas who went up aswell??
    ya hopefully other clubs besides newcastle make a serious impact.
    newcastle have been able to reach the last 16 and last 8 of munster for some time now so hopefully the like of abbeyfeale rathkeale glin shannonside can follow their footsteps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dont know if the other teams have strong enough squads as ncw to progress to latter stages of m.j.c or fai. Rathkeale have lost dec nash to regional, and from what iv heard anthony o donnell staying at newcastle-supposedly they have got ex waterford fc man to take them over this season. wreckon league will be a better premier league this season and more competitive than that of last year and seasons gone by-

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Football Alien View Post
    ya shane took them over alright the refs are in for a hop when they here shane from the side line. rathkeale should have a good shot at this year alright wouldnt say there discipline left them down over the last couple of seasons though. is ray lynch signing for abbey?

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast